61.76 drivers and... what the hell is this?

after installing them the option to turn triliniar optimizations off is
there but its greyed out and cant be changed, what is it set to? how can
you possibly do a fair benchmark without this?

have nvidia suddently decided that users are not allowed this option?

Maniac

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Kokoro <kokoro@kokorolibrary.something.net> wrote:

> after installing them the option to turn triliniar optimizations off
> is there but its greyed out and cant be changed, what is it set to?
> how can you possibly do a fair benchmark without this?

Are you NV40s owner? ...

--
maniac(at)tweak.pl
BP Bemowo Team

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, maniac ordered an army of hamsters
to type:

> Kokoro <kokoro@kokorolibrary.something.net> wrote:
>
>> after installing them the option to turn triliniar optimizations off
>> is there but its greyed out and cant be changed, what is it set to?
>> how can you possibly do a fair benchmark without this?
>
> Are you NV40s owner? ...

one XFX built 6800GT in here.

The optimization options were available in the 61.21 drivers that came with
it.

Maniac

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Kokoro <kokoro@kokorolibrary.something.net> wrote:

> one XFX built 6800GT in here.
> The optimization options were available in the 61.21 drivers that
> came with it.

Maybe they just don't want to make it possible to turn it on/off
(controlled by user)? :D

--
maniac(at)tweak.pl
BP Bemowo Team

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, maniac ordered an army of hamsters
to type:

> Kokoro <kokoro@kokorolibrary.something.net> wrote:
>
>> one XFX built 6800GT in here.
>> The optimization options were available in the 61.21 drivers that
>> came with it.
>
> Maybe they just don't want to make it possible to turn it on/off
> (controlled by user)? :D

no fair T_T

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Kokoro ordered an army of
hamsters to type:

> after installing them the option to turn triliniar optimizations off
> is there but its greyed out and cant be changed, what is it set to?
> how can you possibly do a fair benchmark without this?
>
> have nvidia suddently decided that users are not allowed this option?

no, i worked it out.

okay when you set system performance to performance or high performance
then the options are available, they are not available when set to quality
or high quality. Strange, with the older drivers this wasnt the case, why
change it?

im a bit confused on how the new driver benchmarks relate to older
benchmarks. If we assume that with High Quality performance with the new
drivers that triliniar optimization is off then my 3Dmark03 score has gone
up by 71 but my Aquamark3 score has gone down by 1403...???? at least in
the first tests, i wonder if its best to run the benchmarks a few times and
take an avarage?

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Kokoro ordered an army of
hamsters to type:

> no, i worked it out.
>
> okay when you set system performance to performance or high
> performance then the options are available, they are not available
> when set to quality or high quality. Strange, with the older drivers
> this wasnt the case, why change it?

make that, they are only not available with high quality selected.

"maniac" <no@mail.com> wrote in message
> Kokoro <kokoro@kokorolibrary.something.net> wrote:
>
> > one XFX built 6800GT in here.
> > The optimization options were available in the 61.21 drivers that
> > came with it.
>
> Maybe they just don't want to make it possible to turn it on/off
> (controlled by user)? :D
>
> --
> maniac(at)tweak.pl
> BP Bemowo Team

IIRC the option can only be used with the "Quality" setting and is
unavailable if you have "High Quality" checked?"

---

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, ginfest ordered an army of hamsters
to type:

> IIRC the option can only be used with the "Quality" setting and is
> unavailable if you have "High Quality" checked?"

Thanks Ginfest, ive since found that out. Funny, i could have sworn that
these options were available with the other drivers and High Quality
selected. Is it safe to assume that the optimizations are off when using
the High Quality setting?