Question? Multi monitors, NVidia

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b C Monitor
July 24, 2004 8:47:05 AM

I'm building a new machine and have been using Matrox Dual Head cards with
great success in my older machines. I'm thinking about using one of the
Nvidia powered cards in the new machine using dual monitors. How good is
their Dual Display setup? If anyone out there can give me feedback, I would
appreciate it.
TIA,
Boatguy
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 24, 2004 8:59:20 AM

Which card would you recommend. I'm not a gamer. Just have a need for 2
displays. Mostly photo editing & manipulation.

"Boatguy" <pchandyman~@ houston.rr. com> wrote in message
news:D RlMc.25442$pR5.13183@fe2.texas.rr.com...

> I'm building a new machine and have been using Matrox Dual Head cards with
> great success in my older machines. I'm thinking about using one of the
> Nvidia powered cards in the new machine using dual monitors. How good is
> their Dual Display setup? If anyone out there can give me feedback, I
would
> appreciate it.
> TIA,
> Boatguy

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 24, 2004 9:01:12 AM

Which card would you recommend. I'm not a gamer, I use dual displays for
photo editing & manipulation.
Boatguy

"Boatguy" <pchandyman~@ houston.rr. com> wrote in message
news:D RlMc.25442$pR5.13183@fe2.texas.rr.com...
> I'm building a new machine and have been using Matrox Dual Head cards with
> great success in my older machines. I'm thinking about using one of the
> Nvidia powered cards in the new machine using dual monitors. How good is
> their Dual Display setup? If anyone out there can give me feedback, I
would
> appreciate it.
> TIA,
> Boatguy

a b C Monitor
July 24, 2004 1:13:24 PM

Perhaps reading through the nVidia multi-monitor support manual will give
you some ideas.

http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/61.76/ForceWare_Rele...

or

http://tinyurl.com/4psqt

"Boatguy" <pchandyman~@ houston.rr. com> wrote in message
news:D RlMc.25442$pR5.13183@fe2.texas.rr.com...
> I'm building a new machine and have been using Matrox Dual Head cards with
> great success in my older machines. I'm thinking about using one of the
> Nvidia powered cards in the new machine using dual monitors. How good is
> their Dual Display setup? If anyone out there can give me feedback, I
would
> appreciate it.
> TIA,
> Boatguy

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 24, 2004 1:15:10 PM

GF4MX or even an FX5200 should suit you just fine.

> Which card would you recommend. I'm not a gamer. Just have a need for 2
> displays. Mostly photo editing & manipulation.
>

> "Boatguy" <pchandyman~@ houston.rr. com> wrote in message
> news:D RlMc.25442$pR5.13183@fe2.texas.rr.com...
>
> > I'm building a new machine and have been using Matrox Dual Head cards
with
> > great success in my older machines. I'm thinking about using one of the
> > Nvidia powered cards in the new machine using dual monitors. How good is
> > their Dual Display setup? If anyone out there can give me feedback, I
> would
> > appreciate it.
> > TIA,
> > Boatguy

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 24, 2004 9:34:49 PM

"Boatguy" <pchandyman~@ houston.rr. com> wrote in message
news:D RlMc.25442$pR5.13183@fe2.texas.rr.com...
> I'm building a new machine and have been using Matrox Dual Head cards with
> great success in my older machines. I'm thinking about using one of the
> Nvidia powered cards in the new machine using dual monitors. How good is
> their Dual Display setup? If anyone out there can give me feedback, I
would
> appreciate it.
> TIA,
> Boatguy

Matrox makes the best dual head cards out there, so an nVidia cant compete
there. Unfortunately, 3D gaming on Matrox cards is poor in comparison to
nVidia or ATI cards...
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 24, 2004 9:57:18 PM

Thanks, Biz... I think I'm going to stick with Matrox. I have had no
problems whatsoever with my G-400's in my machines. I'll probably try a
G-550 in the new one.

"Biz" <biznospam@notatt.net> wrote in message

> "Boatguy" <pchandyman~@ houston.rr. com> wrote in message
> news:D RlMc.25442$pR5.13183@fe2.texas.rr.com...
> > I'm building a new machine and have been using Matrox Dual Head cards
with
> > great success in my older machines. I'm thinking about using one of the
> > Nvidia powered cards in the new machine using dual monitors. How good is
> > their Dual Display setup? If anyone out there can give me feedback, I
> would
> > appreciate it.
> > TIA,
> > Boatguy
> >

> Matrox makes the best dual head cards out there, so an nVidia cant compete
> there. Unfortunately, 3D gaming on Matrox cards is poor in comparison to
> nVidia or ATI cards...

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 24, 2004 10:00:20 PM

Thanks, Biz... I think I'm going to stick with Matrox. I have had no
problems whatsoever with the G-400's in my other 2 machines. I'll probably
try a
G-550 in the new one. The only game I ever play is Solitaire anyway.

!