cd rom dead? old GW PII 266 (to cel 466)

Win 95. Device manager sees the cd rom (Mitsumi yada) but it doesn't
play. Don't hear anything running. All the connects are good?
My other machine is a monster........
3 answers Last reply
More about dead

    or is it just sleeping.....?
    Wow! Ed Neth & Ben Myers still going strong!!! Cheers (the former
    o.phooey)

    thanks Ben

    Probably dead. If you need to use a CD-ROM drive on the old machine, might as
    well get another one. They're really cheap, because most everyone wants some
    sort of a CD or DVD burner instead... Ben Myers

    On 22 Jan 2005 14:57:15 -0800, "zZero" <jsk2@excite.com> wrote:

    >Win 95. Device manager sees the cd rom (Mitsumi yada) but it doesn't
    >play. Don't hear anything running. All the connects are good?
    >My other machine is a monster........

Gateway Device Manager CD-Rom Monster Computers