Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New NForce motherboard drivers, also new Abit NF7 bioses ...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 24, 2004 7:13:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.27
Only d/l the International version, as they screwed up the English package.

Also new abit nf7-s drivers
Rev1 ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/nf7-s/nf726.exe
Rev2 ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/nf7-s_2.0/nf7d2...

rms
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 10:33:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
news:70vMc.1832$Mg3.786@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.27
> Only d/l the International version, as they screwed up the English
package.

whats wrong with the english package? i have no problems with it so far,
least none that i ahv enoticed.

> Also new abit nf7-s drivers
> Rev1 ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/nf7-s/nf726.exe
> Rev2 ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/nf7-s_2.0/nf7d2...
>
> rms
>
>
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 12:09:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

On 7/24/2004 11:33 AM Lance Ballantyne brightened our day with:

>"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
>news:70vMc.1832$Mg3.786@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
>
>
>>http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.27
>>Only d/l the International version, as they screwed up the English
>>
>>
>package.
>
>whats wrong with the english package? i have no problems with it so far,
>least none that i ahv enoticed.
>
>
From what it says at the web site, the English version isn't anything
different from the 4.24 release.
I think all the 4.27 update is about is the international version.

--
Steve [Inglo]
Related resources
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 1:34:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Windows XP - Unified Driver


If you have previously downloaded the 4.24 English kit, there is no
need to download this English kit below since it is the same drivers as in
4.24.

Version: 4.27
Release Date: July 19, 2004



yep i hadn't read the information, oh well, i was running 4.24 before
anyhow.
"Inglo" <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote in message
news:LlzMc.96716$uD2.15193@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com...
> On 7/24/2004 11:33 AM Lance Ballantyne brightened our day with:
>
> >"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> >news:70vMc.1832$Mg3.786@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> >
> >
> >>http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.27
> >>Only d/l the International version, as they screwed up the English
> >>
> >>
> >package.
> >
> >whats wrong with the english package? i have no problems with it so far,
> >least none that i ahv enoticed.
> >
> >
> From what it says at the web site, the English version isn't anything
> different from the 4.24 release.
> I think all the 4.27 update is about is the international version.
>
> --
> Steve [Inglo]
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 2:14:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

That makes no sense what they have on the website. If there is no difference
then why did they rename the file 4.27?
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 3:35:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Lance Ballantyne wrote:
> Windows XP - Unified Driver
>
>
> If you have previously downloaded the 4.24 English kit, there is no
> need to download this English kit below since it is the same drivers as in
> 4.24.
>
> Version: 4.27
> Release Date: July 19, 2004

Was that notice there a few days ago? I sent them an email saying that the
English 4.27s were the English 4.24s, but renamed. They either added that
in response or I look stupid :-p

The 4.27 International version has drivers with a different date and version
number, but I guess they are just internationalised versions of the 4.24s
then.

Ben
--
A7N8X FAQ: www.ben.pope.name/a7n8x_faq.html
Questions by email will likely be ignored, please use the newsgroups.
I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a String...
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 3:35:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

On 7/24/2004 3:35 PM Ben Pope brightened our day with:

>Lance Ballantyne wrote:
>
>
>> Windows XP - Unified Driver
>>
>>
>> If you have previously downloaded the 4.24 English kit, there is no
>>need to download this English kit below since it is the same drivers as in
>>4.24.
>>
>> Version: 4.27
>> Release Date: July 19, 2004
>>
>>
>
>Was that notice there a few days ago? I sent them an email saying that the
>English 4.27s were the English 4.24s, but renamed. They either added that
>in response or I look stupid :-p
>
>The 4.27 International version has drivers with a different date and version
>number, but I guess they are just internationalised versions of the 4.24s
>then.
>
>Ben
>
>
I think the notification was there when I got them, which was the day
the update was posted. I hadn't downloaded the 4.24s, but the fact that
they were confident in making an international release made me go ahead
and finally update.

--
Steve [Inglo]
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 1:48:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Quoth The Raven "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> in
70vMc.1832$Mg3.786@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.27
> Only d/l the International version, as they screwed up the English
> package.
>
> Also new abit nf7-s drivers
> Rev1 ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/nf7-s/nf726.exe
> Rev2 ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/nf7-s_2.0/nf7d2...
>
> rms


how did you find the rev2.0 "d25" drivers? the official site contains only
the "d24" drivers.
--
If everything is an illusion and nothing exists, I definitely overpaid
for my carpet. - (Woody Allen)

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 3:31:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
news:70vMc.1832$Mg3.786@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.27
> Only d/l the International version, as they screwed up the English
package.
>

Did anyone have this screw up their system..
I installed it, system wouldnt boot..
I finally got it started but my onboard nv nic is dead .. removing & adding
doesnt seem to help..
eeek
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 4:29:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

rstlne wrote:
> "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> news:70vMc.1832$Mg3.786@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.27
>> Only d/l the International version, as they screwed up the English
>> package.
>>
>
> Did anyone have this screw up their system..
> I installed it, system wouldnt boot..
> I finally got it started but my onboard nv nic is dead .. removing &
> adding doesnt seem to help..
> eeek

I had a couple of NIC issues, attributed them to the previous NIC issues I
had when I tried to force the nForce3 drivers on. (don't ask)

Thought I had it working ok, after trawling through the registry and
removing various bits and then rebooting and letting it install.

Booted next time and had no NIC, device manager, uninstall, check for PnP,
reinstalled and it's been fine.

Ben
--
A7N8X FAQ: www.ben.pope.name/a7n8x_faq.html
Questions by email will likely be ignored, please use the newsgroups.
I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a String...
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 1:20:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

> http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.27
> Only d/l the International version, as they screwed up the English
> package.

Which version of IDE drivers is included? The only version that works for
me is the seperate 4.12 release.
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 7:58:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Quoth The Raven "rstlne" <.@text.news.virgin.net> in
5pXMc.1956$%C3.1700@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net
> "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> news:70vMc.1832$Mg3.786@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> > http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.27
> > Only d/l the International version, as they screwed up the English
> > package.
> >
>
> Did anyone have this screw up their system..
> I installed it, system wouldnt boot..
> I finally got it started but my onboard nv nic is dead .. removing &
> adding doesnt seem to help..
> eeek

worked fine for me, I'm about to benchmark to see if there was an
improvement from my 3dmark03 score of 6366 previous to the drivers.

--
I keep bumping into that silly quotation attributed to me that says
640K of memory is enough. There's never a citation; the quotation just
floats like a rumour, repeated again and again. - Bill Gates

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
!