Best budget card

I need to buy a budget card for my daughters system, there are some good
deals based on the following chipsets, Geforce MxX440...MX4000...FX5200
which would be the best choice?

Regards

Maxine

"Maxine" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I need to buy a budget card for my daughters system, there are some good
> deals based on the following chipsets, Geforce MxX440...MX4000...FX5200
> which would be the best choice?
>
> Regards
>
> Maxine

Look for the FX5200 Ultra.

bluestringer

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Maxine" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I need to buy a budget card for my daughters system, there are some good
> deals based on the following chipsets, Geforce MxX440...MX4000...FX5200
> which would be the best choice?
>
> Regards
>
> Maxine

If all she's doing is web browsing and productivity, it doesn't make a whole
lot of difference. The 5200 is the newest. Same speed as the MX440
basically, but with DX9 support. The MX4000 is the slowest of the lot. If
she's doing any new 3D gaming, none of the above.

Beowulf

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

for about the same $$ or a few bucks more, I'd go with the G4ti4600 or
4800 - much faster all around. If you need dx9, the FX5600 is a better
deal, or even FX5700/5800 which can be had for less than $90US for the
128MB version.