Can't Compile Nvidia Driver for Linux

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 26, 2004 7:51:13 PM

I can't compile the Nvidia Driver (NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6106) for Linux.
The /var/log/nvnvidia-install.log says:

> nvidia-installer log file '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log'
> creation time: Mon Jul 26 16:18:29 2004
>
> option status:
> license pre-accepted : false
> update : false
> force update : false
> expert : false
> uninstall : false
> driver info : false
> no precompiled interface: false
> no ncurses color : false
> query latest driver ver : false
> OpenGL header files : false
> no questions : false
> silent : false
> X install prefix : /usr/X11R6
> OpenGL install prefix : /usr
> Installer install prefix: /usr
> kernel source path : /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.6/
> kernel install path : (not specified)
> proc mount point : /proc
> ui : (not specified)
> tmpdir : /tmp
> ftp site : ftp://download.nvidia.com
>
> Using: nvidia-installer ncurses user interface
> -> License accepted.
> -> No precompiled kernel interface was found to match your kernel; would you li
> ke the installer to attempt to download a kernel interface for your kernel f
> rom the NVIDIA ftp site (ftp://download.nvidia.com)? (Answer: Yes)
> -> No matching precompiled kernel interface was found on the NVIDIA ftp site;
> this means that the installer will need to compile a kernel interface for
> your kernel.
> -> Using the kernel source path '/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.6/' as specified by
> the '--kernel-source-path' commandline option.
> -> Kernel source path: '/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.6/'
> -> Performing cc_version_check with CC="cc".
> ERROR:
> If you are using a Linux 2.4 kernel, please make sure
> you either have configured kernel sources matching your
> kernel or the correct set of kernel headers installed
> on your system.
>
> If you are using a Linux 2.6 kernel, please make sure
> you have configured kernel sources matching your kernel
> installed on your system.
> ERROR: Installation has failed. Please see the file
> '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log' for details. You may find suggestions
> on fixing installation problems in the README available on the Linux
> driver download page at www.nvidia.com.

Im using "Linux version 2.6.6-1-386 (herbert@gondolin) (gcc version
3.3.3 (Debian 20040401)) #1 Wed May 12 13:19:06 EST 2004" as my
/proc/version told me.

I have installed the kernel sources, and pass them with de parameter
--kernel-source-path /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.6 to the installer.

Does someone know this problem???

tobi
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 2:46:04 AM

tobias schrieb:

> I have installed the kernel sources, and pass them with de parameter
> --kernel-source-path /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.6 to the installer.
>
> Does someone know this problem???

I use debian, too. And I compiled them with make-kpkg.
Follow the instructions on this site:

http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/Debian-nVidia/installat...

I compile happily ever after I met this page :)

Cheers

--

Bora Ugurlu
mailto:boraugurlu@yahoo.de