Help! Need a saved game after Flying school

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 11, 2005 9:37:45 AM

Looking for a link to a saved game from just after the flying school
has been completed. Flying school has just killed the game stone dead
for me, help.

More about : saved game flying school

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 5:19:04 PM

<spindizzy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Looking for a link to a saved game from just after the flying school
> has been completed. Flying school has just killed the game stone dead
> for me, help.

Are you on a PC, if so what problem are you having?

I managed to get all gold on flying school (gold/silver at the other
schools) so I may be able to help.

IMO the hardest one to get gold on was the parachute jump, but all you need
to do is hit the target to progress.

With the others, switch to "bonnet view" (or whatever it's called).

Make sure your keyboard is set so that the up/down arrows are not set to the
throttle/brake, Set it so they have the same function as PgUp/PgDn.

Think one corona ahead, so fly wide to get in a position that allows you to
fly through the nearest corona and head directly for the next. By the time
you actually get to the next, you'll be reorganising your path for the
following corona.

TAP the keys, particularly the left/right (or A/D) keys - don't hold them
down or you'll get into a self-propagating panic as you overcompensate.
Don't be afraid to go "hands off" and let the plane sort itself out (most
planes are inherently stable, meaning that they will level off if they have
enough power and altitude).

Don't worry about power as you manoeuvre - just use W when you've got
yourself on the flightpath you want and forget about it while you're
turning.

Let us know how you get on. If you really can't do it, send me a savegame,
I'll do FS and send it back.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 6:51:13 PM

Cheers bud, thought I would give it a real good try before asking you
to do it for me. I flew normal planes for several hours for fun and
found it a bit easier, scraped through circle and land with 70% rest
were easy after that. Phew!
Related resources
July 12, 2005 9:16:03 PM

'Circle and Land'. got so many 60-69%s I could have cried ;) .
Thankfully after that did the rest on first try. Now for that avoid the
radar mission grrr.

Hunter was ok for me, my most played vehical in VC :) .
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 3:25:18 AM

> Cheers bud, thought I would give it a real good try before asking you
> to do it for me. I flew normal planes for several hours for fun and
> found it a bit easier, scraped through circle and land with 70% rest
> were easy after that. Phew!

LOL - someone emailed me and sent along a savegame. I just returned it a few
minutes ago, done. I just assumed it was you.

Well done with the mission. Which lesson was it that you were stuck on? The
one I received was stuck at the hunter "destroy targets" lesson.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 1:48:59 PM

"Mark" <jetpac@gmail.com> wrote in message
> 'Circle and Land'. got so many 60-69%s I could have cried ;) .
> Thankfully after that did the rest on first try. Now for that avoid the
> radar mission grrr.

<Spoiler space>

<Spoiler space>

<Spoiler space>

<Spoiler space>

<Spoiler space>

<Spoiler space>

<Spoiler space>

To avoid the radar, take off flying west (turn right onto the runway), fly
straight and keep close to the ground until you get to the ocean, then turn
south (left). Keep close to the ocean, until the triangle is directly east
of you, exactly at the 9o'clock point on the radar (because you're flying
south). Turn east (left) and fly through the corona. Return to the airstrip
by the same route.

There are two things to remember. The radar rather unconvincingly works off
MGL rather than an altitude ceiling. MGL (metres aboveground level) is your
height above the hard stuff, whereas altitude is your height above MSL. The
altimeter next to the radar is useless for this mission, as it has no
relevance to the radar. If, for example, you fly into the quarry, the
altimeter line goes BELOW the scale, yet you still have air underneath
you...

Anyway, the N.O.E. in the mission title stands for "Nap Of the Earth" which
is the art of flying so close to the ground that radars won't pick you up.
The longer you are causing radar returns, the more likely you are to get a
hydra come nosying about. The hard thing to remember is that the alarm
itself does not mean you have triggered the search, it's the progress bar.
The alarm just means you have too much air under you. This means that if you
climb from the ocean surface to clear a cliff face, you know in advance that
you will start the alarm as soon as you're at a certain height over the sea,
but as soon as you clear the cliff face, your MGL is back to "low", the
alarm switches off, and the progress bar goes back to zero.

Same thing on the return trip.When you fly out to sea over a cliff, you'll
suddenly be very visible. It's very easy to get panicked into diving for the
deck when this happens, but just do a gentle dive because you know exactly
how the radar works. Make "them" think they have a solid fix and break lock
just as the progress bar is getting to 100% ;-)
!