Help! Need a saved game after Flying school

Looking for a link to a saved game from just after the flying school
has been completed. Flying school has just killed the game stone dead
for me, help.
5 answers Last reply
More about help saved game flying school

    <spindizzy@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Looking for a link to a saved game from just after the flying school
    > has been completed. Flying school has just killed the game stone dead
    > for me, help.

    Are you on a PC, if so what problem are you having?

    I managed to get all gold on flying school (gold/silver at the other
    schools) so I may be able to help.

    IMO the hardest one to get gold on was the parachute jump, but all you need
    to do is hit the target to progress.

    With the others, switch to "bonnet view" (or whatever it's called).

    Make sure your keyboard is set so that the up/down arrows are not set to the
    throttle/brake, Set it so they have the same function as PgUp/PgDn.

    Think one corona ahead, so fly wide to get in a position that allows you to
    fly through the nearest corona and head directly for the next. By the time
    you actually get to the next, you'll be reorganising your path for the
    following corona.

    TAP the keys, particularly the left/right (or A/D) keys - don't hold them
    down or you'll get into a self-propagating panic as you overcompensate.
    Don't be afraid to go "hands off" and let the plane sort itself out (most
    planes are inherently stable, meaning that they will level off if they have
    enough power and altitude).

    Don't worry about power as you manoeuvre - just use W when you've got
    yourself on the flightpath you want and forget about it while you're
    turning.

    Let us know how you get on. If you really can't do it, send me a savegame,
    I'll do FS and send it back.

    Cheers bud, thought I would give it a real good try before asking you
    to do it for me. I flew normal planes for several hours for fun and
    found it a bit easier, scraped through circle and land with 70% rest
    were easy after that. Phew!

    'Circle and Land'. got so many 60-69%s I could have cried ;).
    Thankfully after that did the rest on first try. Now for that avoid the
    radar mission grrr.

    Hunter was ok for me, my most played vehical in VC :).

    > Cheers bud, thought I would give it a real good try before asking you
    > to do it for me. I flew normal planes for several hours for fun and
    > found it a bit easier, scraped through circle and land with 70% rest
    > were easy after that. Phew!

    LOL - someone emailed me and sent along a savegame. I just returned it a few
    minutes ago, done. I just assumed it was you.

    Well done with the mission. Which lesson was it that you were stuck on? The
    one I received was stuck at the hunter "destroy targets" lesson.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Mark" <jetpac@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > 'Circle and Land'. got so many 60-69%s I could have cried ;).
    > Thankfully after that did the rest on first try. Now for that avoid the
    > radar mission grrr.

    <Spoiler space>

    <Spoiler space>

    <Spoiler space>

    <Spoiler space>

    <Spoiler space>

    <Spoiler space>

    <Spoiler space>

    To avoid the radar, take off flying west (turn right onto the runway), fly
    straight and keep close to the ground until you get to the ocean, then turn
    south (left). Keep close to the ocean, until the triangle is directly east
    of you, exactly at the 9o'clock point on the radar (because you're flying
    south). Turn east (left) and fly through the corona. Return to the airstrip
    by the same route.

    There are two things to remember. The radar rather unconvincingly works off
    MGL rather than an altitude ceiling. MGL (metres aboveground level) is your
    height above the hard stuff, whereas altitude is your height above MSL. The
    altimeter next to the radar is useless for this mission, as it has no
    relevance to the radar. If, for example, you fly into the quarry, the
    altimeter line goes BELOW the scale, yet you still have air underneath
    you...

    Anyway, the N.O.E. in the mission title stands for "Nap Of the Earth" which
    is the art of flying so close to the ground that radars won't pick you up.
    The longer you are causing radar returns, the more likely you are to get a
    hydra come nosying about. The hard thing to remember is that the alarm
    itself does not mean you have triggered the search, it's the progress bar.
    The alarm just means you have too much air under you. This means that if you
    climb from the ocean surface to clear a cliff face, you know in advance that
    you will start the alarm as soon as you're at a certain height over the sea,
    but as soon as you clear the cliff face, your MGL is back to "low", the
    alarm switches off, and the progress bar goes back to zero.

    Same thing on the return trip.When you fly out to sea over a cliff, you'll
    suddenly be very visible. It's very easy to get panicked into diving for the
    deck when this happens, but just do a gentle dive because you know exactly
    how the radar works. Make "them" think they have a solid fix and break lock
    just as the progress bar is getting to 100% ;-)

Games Video Games