2 answers Last reply
More about kerio native firewall

    That is correct. Give Outpost Free firewall a try. I've tried many and
    prefer this one. You can get it at www.agnitum.com

    Ed

    "zZero" <jsk2@excite.com> wrote in message
    news:1106583706.234174.52910@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > I recently upgraded from WIN98SE to Winxp home with sp2. It didn't care
    > for my firewall (Kerio freebee), so I suspended it. Someone suggested
    > that the native firewall didn't do a great job of keeping my system
    > from sending out. Any comment?

    The biggest complaint about the XP SP2 firewall is the adequacy of its coverage.
    Unlike software firewalls that have been around for a while (Zone Alarm and
    Symantec/Norton to name two), the SP2 firewall does nothing to monitor for rogue
    programs that attempt to connect to the internet from inside your computer. I
    have been the free Zone Alarm almost since it was released. There is also Zone
    Alarm Pro with heightened firewall coverage for a price.

    The second biggest issue has to do with Microsoft's long checkered history in
    producing insecure and unreliable operating systems. Do you trust Microsoft
    with the security of your computer? Answer: Not if I can help it... Ben Myers

    On 24 Jan 2005 08:21:46 -0800, "zZero" <jsk2@excite.com> wrote:

    >I recently upgraded from WIN98SE to Winxp home with sp2. It didn't care
    >for my firewall (Kerio freebee), so I suspended it. Someone suggested
    >that the native firewall didn't do a great job of keeping my system
    >from sending out. Any comment?

Gateway Firewalls Windows XP Computers Product