Removed Program Icons Hang Around

April 9, 2004 3:12:14 PM

Hi

Can anyone tell me why when I remove a program from my iPAQ 5550 running
Pocket PC 2003 using add/remove programs that orphaned icons hang around in
the programs list. Better still can anyone tell me how to remove orphaned
icons from the Programs list.

Regards
Chris
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 3:12:15 PM

Does it always happen or just in certain cases? Like on your PC, you can
access the start menu through a File Explorer. Try going into the Windows
directory and then Start Menu, and then likely Programs. Find the icon, tap
and hold, chose delete.

--
David Conger
MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

"Chris Woolley" <woolley@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Can anyone tell me why when I remove a program from my iPAQ 5550 running
> Pocket PC 2003 using add/remove programs that orphaned icons hang around
in
> the programs list. Better still can anyone tell me how to remove orphaned
> icons from the Programs list.
>
> Regards
> Chris

Anonymous
April 9, 2004 10:59:10 PM

Thanks Dave that did the trick.

Regards
Chris
"David Conger, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" <dave at davespda.com> wrote in
message news:eti9hfdHEHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Does it always happen or just in certain cases? Like on your PC, you can
> access the start menu through a File Explorer. Try going into the Windows
> directory and then Start Menu, and then likely Programs. Find the icon,
tap
> and hold, chose delete.
>
> --
> David Conger
> MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> www.davespda.com
>
> "Chris Woolley" <woolley@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Can anyone tell me why when I remove a program from my iPAQ 5550 running
> > Pocket PC 2003 using add/remove programs that orphaned icons hang around
> in
> > the programs list. Better still can anyone tell me how to remove
orphaned
> > icons from the Programs list.
> >
> > Regards
> > Chris

April 15, 2004 10:50:34 AM

you can remove orphaned icons using file explorer. root into the folder
windows | start menu | programs (or whatever subfolder the icons are found
in) and delete them from there.

nate
In message <4075f7d2@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, "Chris Woolley" <woolley@tpg.com.au>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone tell me why when I remove a program from my iPAQ 5550 running
> Pocket PC 2003 using add/remove programs that orphaned icons hang around
in
> the programs list. Better still can anyone tell me how to remove orphaned
> icons from the Programs list.
>
> Regards
> Chris

please post any response to this newsgroup.
!