StarStormX Drivers

Hey guys,

i got nvidia 56.72 drivers (ya i know 61.77 came out) BUT, im getting
a new gfx card in a few days, so i was wondering...

1. what is starstormx's website ? so i can see when they'll come out
with the new 61.77 themselves (since starstormx is said to be much
better and faster than regular nvidia drivers).

2. how do i install the new gfx card and starstorm x drivers (ill use
the 56.72 x drivers i have now, till the 61.77 stormx will come out).
do i take the old nvidia geforce fx 5200 out, put the new 5900xt in,
open computer, uninstall nvidia drivers from add/remove, restart, the
resolution will be weird but i wont mind, then get NFR(nasty file
remover) to get rid of the .dll files, and then install the starstorm
x drivers ?

Thanks alot,

KoMoDo
5 answers Last reply
More about starstormx drivers

    LILfeatha wrote:

    > Hey guys,
    >
    > i got nvidia 56.72 drivers (ya i know 61.77 came out) BUT, im getting
    > a new gfx card in a few days, so i was wondering...
    >
    > 1. what is starstormx's website ? so i can see when they'll come out
    > with the new 61.77 themselves (since starstormx is said to be much
    > better and faster than regular nvidia drivers).
    >
    > 2. how do i install the new gfx card and starstorm x drivers (ill use
    > the 56.72 x drivers i have now, till the 61.77 stormx will come out).
    > do i take the old nvidia geforce fx 5200 out, put the new 5900xt in,
    > open computer, uninstall nvidia drivers from add/remove, restart, the
    > resolution will be weird but i wont mind, then get NFR(nasty file
    > remover) to get rid of the .dll files, and then install the starstorm
    > x drivers ?
    >
    > Thanks alot,
    >
    > KoMoDo

    Starstorm, for when you absolutely must have a completely jacked set of
    drivers with messed up LOD settings, RIGHT NOW!

    LILfeatha wrote:
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > i got nvidia 56.72 drivers (ya i know 61.77 came out) BUT, im getting
    > a new gfx card in a few days, so i was wondering...
    >
    > 1. what is starstormx's website ? so i can see when they'll come out
    > with the new 61.77 themselves (since starstormx is said to be much
    > better and faster than regular nvidia drivers).
    >
    > 2. how do i install the new gfx card and starstorm x drivers (ill use
    > the 56.72 x drivers i have now, till the 61.77 stormx will come out).
    > do i take the old nvidia geforce fx 5200 out, put the new 5900xt in,
    > open computer, uninstall nvidia drivers from add/remove, restart, the
    > resolution will be weird but i wont mind, then get NFR(nasty file
    > remover) to get rid of the .dll files, and then install the starstorm
    > x drivers ?
    >
    > Thanks alot,
    >
    > KoMoDo

    After a whole 3mins (yeah it took me THAT LONG) using google i found out
    that 56.72 is the latest version of the starstorm drivers and that 61.77 are
    currently being tested. After 5 mins ive decided i wouldnt use these and
    will be sticking with official drivers.

    See that wasnt hard was it.

    Matt

    GLYTCH (A.K.A. PYRO-Maniak) wrote:
    > LILfeatha wrote:
    >> Hey guys,
    >>
    >> i got nvidia 56.72 drivers (ya i know 61.77 came out) BUT, im getting
    >> a new gfx card in a few days, so i was wondering...
    >>
    >> 1. what is starstormx's website ? so i can see when they'll come out
    >> with the new 61.77 themselves (since starstormx is said to be much
    >> better and faster than regular nvidia drivers).
    >>
    >> 2. how do i install the new gfx card and starstorm x drivers (ill use
    >> the 56.72 x drivers i have now, till the 61.77 stormx will come out).
    >> do i take the old nvidia geforce fx 5200 out, put the new 5900xt in,
    >> open computer, uninstall nvidia drivers from add/remove, restart, the
    >> resolution will be weird but i wont mind, then get NFR(nasty file
    >> remover) to get rid of the .dll files, and then install the starstorm
    >> x drivers ?
    >>
    >> Thanks alot,
    >>
    >> KoMoDo
    >
    > After a whole 3mins (yeah it took me THAT LONG) using google i found
    > out that 56.72 is the latest version of the starstorm drivers and
    > that 61.77 are currently being tested. After 5 mins ive decided i
    > wouldnt use these and will be sticking with official drivers.
    >
    > See that wasnt hard was it.

    Bad move - starstorm drivers are absolutely excellent.

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

    LILfeatha wrote:
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > i got nvidia 56.72 drivers (ya i know 61.77 came out) BUT, im getting
    > a new gfx card in a few days, so i was wondering...
    >
    > 1. what is starstormx's website ? so i can see when they'll come out
    > with the new 61.77 themselves (since starstormx is said to be much
    > better and faster than regular nvidia drivers).

    They're hosted on Guru3d.
    And they are better and faster - image quality on them is at another level
    too.

    > 2. how do i install the new gfx card and starstorm x drivers (ill use
    > the 56.72 x drivers i have now, till the 61.77 stormx will come out).
    > do i take the old nvidia geforce fx 5200 out, put the new 5900xt in,
    > open computer, uninstall nvidia drivers from add/remove, restart, the
    > resolution will be weird but i wont mind, then get NFR(nasty file
    > remover) to get rid of the .dll files, and then install the starstorm
    > x drivers ?
    >
    > Thanks alot,

    Install them like you would any normal Nvidia driver.

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

    ya, y not, im gonna stick with nvidia drivers, unless maybe ill wanna
    give the new 61.77 starstorm x drivers a go, but till then, im going
    with nvidia 61.77 drivers!
    deimos <deimos@localhost.net> wrote in message news:<2msuk6FrfrtjU2@uni-berlin.de>...
    > LILfeatha wrote:
    >
    > > Hey guys,
    > >
    > > i got nvidia 56.72 drivers (ya i know 61.77 came out) BUT, im getting
    > > a new gfx card in a few days, so i was wondering...
    > >
    > > 1. what is starstormx's website ? so i can see when they'll come out
    > > with the new 61.77 themselves (since starstormx is said to be much
    > > better and faster than regular nvidia drivers).
    > >
    > > 2. how do i install the new gfx card and starstorm x drivers (ill use
    > > the 56.72 x drivers i have now, till the 61.77 stormx will come out).
    > > do i take the old nvidia geforce fx 5200 out, put the new 5900xt in,
    > > open computer, uninstall nvidia drivers from add/remove, restart, the
    > > resolution will be weird but i wont mind, then get NFR(nasty file
    > > remover) to get rid of the .dll files, and then install the starstorm
    > > x drivers ?
    > >
    > > Thanks alot,
    > >
    > > KoMoDo
    >
    > Starstorm, for when you absolutely must have a completely jacked set of
    > drivers with messed up LOD settings, RIGHT NOW!

Nvidia Drivers Graphics