  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b \ Driver
July 29, 2004 12:35:33 PM

Hey guys,

i got nvidia 56.72 drivers (ya i know 61.77 came out) BUT, im getting
a new gfx card in a few days, so i was wondering...

1. what is starstormx's website ? so i can see when they'll come out
with the new 61.77 themselves (since starstormx is said to be much
better and faster than regular nvidia drivers).

2. how do i install the new gfx card and starstorm x drivers (ill use
the 56.72 x drivers i have now, till the 61.77 stormx will come out).
do i take the old nvidia geforce fx 5200 out, put the new 5900xt in,
open computer, uninstall nvidia drivers from add/remove, restart, the
resolution will be weird but i wont mind, then get NFR(nasty file
remover) to get rid of the .dll files, and then install the starstorm
x drivers ?

Thanks alot,

KoMoDo

More about : starstormx drivers

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 29, 2004 5:40:27 PM

LILfeatha wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> i got nvidia 56.72 drivers (ya i know 61.77 came out) BUT, im getting
> a new gfx card in a few days, so i was wondering...
>
> 1. what is starstormx's website ? so i can see when they'll come out
> with the new 61.77 themselves (since starstormx is said to be much
> better and faster than regular nvidia drivers).
>
> 2. how do i install the new gfx card and starstorm x drivers (ill use
> the 56.72 x drivers i have now, till the 61.77 stormx will come out).
> do i take the old nvidia geforce fx 5200 out, put the new 5900xt in,
> open computer, uninstall nvidia drivers from add/remove, restart, the
> resolution will be weird but i wont mind, then get NFR(nasty file
> remover) to get rid of the .dll files, and then install the starstorm
> x drivers ?
>
> Thanks alot,
>
> KoMoDo

Starstorm, for when you absolutely must have a completely jacked set of
drivers with messed up LOD settings, RIGHT NOW!
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 29, 2004 9:09:27 PM

LILfeatha wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> i got nvidia 56.72 drivers (ya i know 61.77 came out) BUT, im getting
> a new gfx card in a few days, so i was wondering...
>
> 1. what is starstormx's website ? so i can see when they'll come out
> with the new 61.77 themselves (since starstormx is said to be much
> better and faster than regular nvidia drivers).
>
> 2. how do i install the new gfx card and starstorm x drivers (ill use
> the 56.72 x drivers i have now, till the 61.77 stormx will come out).
> do i take the old nvidia geforce fx 5200 out, put the new 5900xt in,
> open computer, uninstall nvidia drivers from add/remove, restart, the
> resolution will be weird but i wont mind, then get NFR(nasty file
> remover) to get rid of the .dll files, and then install the starstorm
> x drivers ?
>
> Thanks alot,
>
> KoMoDo

After a whole 3mins (yeah it took me THAT LONG) using google i found out
that 56.72 is the latest version of the starstorm drivers and that 61.77 are
currently being tested. After 5 mins ive decided i wouldnt use these and
will be sticking with official drivers.

See that wasnt hard was it.

Matt
Related resources
July 29, 2004 9:58:53 PM

GLYTCH (A.K.A. PYRO-Maniak) wrote:
> LILfeatha wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> i got nvidia 56.72 drivers (ya i know 61.77 came out) BUT, im getting
>> a new gfx card in a few days, so i was wondering...
>>
>> 1. what is starstormx's website ? so i can see when they'll come out
>> with the new 61.77 themselves (since starstormx is said to be much
>> better and faster than regular nvidia drivers).
>>
>> 2. how do i install the new gfx card and starstorm x drivers (ill use
>> the 56.72 x drivers i have now, till the 61.77 stormx will come out).
>> do i take the old nvidia geforce fx 5200 out, put the new 5900xt in,
>> open computer, uninstall nvidia drivers from add/remove, restart, the
>> resolution will be weird but i wont mind, then get NFR(nasty file
>> remover) to get rid of the .dll files, and then install the starstorm
>> x drivers ?
>>
>> Thanks alot,
>>
>> KoMoDo
>
> After a whole 3mins (yeah it took me THAT LONG) using google i found
> out that 56.72 is the latest version of the starstorm drivers and
> that 61.77 are currently being tested. After 5 mins ive decided i
> wouldnt use these and will be sticking with official drivers.
>
> See that wasnt hard was it.

Bad move - starstorm drivers are absolutely excellent.

--
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

LILfeatha wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> i got nvidia 56.72 drivers (ya i know 61.77 came out) BUT, im getting
> a new gfx card in a few days, so i was wondering...
>
> 1. what is starstormx's website ? so i can see when they'll come out
> with the new 61.77 themselves (since starstormx is said to be much
> better and faster than regular nvidia drivers).

They're hosted on Guru3d.
And they are better and faster - image quality on them is at another level
too.

> 2. how do i install the new gfx card and starstorm x drivers (ill use
> the 56.72 x drivers i have now, till the 61.77 stormx will come out).
> do i take the old nvidia geforce fx 5200 out, put the new 5900xt in,
> open computer, uninstall nvidia drivers from add/remove, restart, the
> resolution will be weird but i wont mind, then get NFR(nasty file
> remover) to get rid of the .dll files, and then install the starstorm
> x drivers ?
>
> Thanks alot,

Install them like you would any normal Nvidia driver.

--
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 31, 2004 2:50:13 AM

ya, y not, im gonna stick with nvidia drivers, unless maybe ill wanna
give the new 61.77 starstorm x drivers a go, but till then, im going
with nvidia 61.77 drivers!

!