Doom 3 - Minimum Spec System Bench - Doom 3

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQ0LDU=

Thanks HARDOCP !!

I'm gonna be playing with a 1.33Ghz Tualatin, GF4 4200 running at
300/600, 512mb, Audigy 1,
so this is encouraging.

"There is no doubt that DOOM 3’s minimum system specifications can
easily deliver a good gaming experience. We found it simply incredible
that a system this old could run DOOM 3 at all, much less run it well.
It may be hard to believe, but we can honestly recommend spending $50 on
DOOM 3 if you have a system comparable to this. You can still have a
very worthy DOOM 3 experience with it."

Any other low end machines like mine anyone is planning to use for Doom
3 ?

")-()-(" <email@address.com> schreef in bericht
> http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQ0LDU=
>
> Thanks HARDOCP !!
>
> I'm gonna be playing with a 1.33Ghz Tualatin, GF4 4200 running at
> 300/600, 512mb, Audigy 1,

> Any other low end machines like mine anyone is planning to use for Doom
> 3 ?

A friend om mine is yes, she got a xp 1600 and 512mb, plus a 4200 128mb. I
think she will play in 800x600, cause thats what she always does. And in a
way, me too, got a p4 2.6 with 768mb ddr, but the videocard is low-end these
days, 4200 64mb, so I very much doubt that I will have a much better
gaming-experience than you will ;-).

"Good gaming experience" means 25-30 fps in this case at 800x600. Had this
game been marketed as a multiplayer-oriented shooter, the speed would not be
considered acceptable at all...