NVIDIA Quadro FX 500 Outputs

I have 2 LCD displays with digital inputs. The NVIDIA Quadro FX 500
card has two outputs, 1 DVI-I and one VGA. If I use a VGA-DVI adapter
on the VGA output to connect a DVI cable to my second display with
digital input, will this second display receive digital content?

Thanks,
-zip
3 answers Last reply
More about nvidia quadro outputs

    Nope. All the adaptor does is route the analog signal to the five pins
    arranged in a square pattern on one side of the DVI socket.

    Rather than the QuadroFX, I suggest you try to find a Gainward Ti4600. I
    think it's called the Ultra/750XP. It has dual-DVI connectors... and faster
    3D than your QuadroFX 500.

    "zippy" <zippy747@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have 2 LCD displays with digital inputs. The NVIDIA Quadro FX 500
    > card has two outputs, 1 DVI-I and one VGA. If I use a VGA-DVI adapter
    > on the VGA output to connect a DVI cable to my second display with
    > digital input, will this second display receive digital content?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -zip

    Err, make that four pins.

    And the two DVI ports on the Gainward are not created equal. One is limited
    to 1280x1024, while the other one goes all the way to 2048x1536. See
    http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=gwti4600&page=1&cookie%5Ftest=1

    > Nope. All the adaptor does is route the analog signal to the five pins
    > arranged in a square pattern on one side of the DVI socket.
    >
    > Rather than the QuadroFX, I suggest you try to find a Gainward Ti4600. I
    > think it's called the Ultra/750XP. It has dual-DVI connectors... and
    faster
    > 3D than your QuadroFX 500.

    > "zippy" <zippy747@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I have 2 LCD displays with digital inputs. The NVIDIA Quadro FX 500
    > > card has two outputs, 1 DVI-I and one VGA. If I use a VGA-DVI adapter
    > > on the VGA output to connect a DVI cable to my second display with
    > > digital input, will this second display receive digital content?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > -zip

    Thanks for the replies. The system is a new work system provided by my
    company. Unfortunate about the one analog output on the card but I am not
    going to worry about it. I'm not playing games on the system, just punching
    code.

    Thanks,
    -zip

    > Err, make that four pins.
    >
    > And the two DVI ports on the Gainward are not created equal. One is
    limited
    > to 1280x1024, while the other one goes all the way to 2048x1536. See

    http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=gwti4600&page=1&cookie%5Ftest=1

    > "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Nope. All the adaptor does is route the analog signal to the five pins
    > > arranged in a square pattern on one side of the DVI socket.
    > >
    > > Rather than the QuadroFX, I suggest you try to find a Gainward Ti4600. I
    > > think it's called the Ultra/750XP. It has dual-DVI connectors... and
    > faster
    > > 3D than your QuadroFX 500.
    > >
    > > --
    > > "War is the continuation of politics by other means.
    > > It can therefore be said that politics is war without
    > > bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
    > >

    > > "zippy" <zippy747@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > I have 2 LCD displays with digital inputs. The NVIDIA Quadro FX 500
    > > > card has two outputs, 1 DVI-I and one VGA. If I use a VGA-DVI adapter
    > > > on the VGA output to connect a DVI cable to my second display with
    > > > digital input, will this second display receive digital content?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > -zip

Nvidia Quadro Graphics Displays