FX5200 Ultra - Need help identifying 5 components please

Several components fell off my FX5200 Ultra (combination of bad soldering & rough handling), they are located on the back at the bottom left edge of the card near to the AGP locking tab.

Can anyone can tell me the component values of:

Transistor Q511
Transistor Q513
Plus there are 5 resistors to the right of them of which the 2nd and 3rd ones along have also gone AWOL.

I need to get replacements and/or solder them on in the right place.

Many thanks,

Martin

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Martin Kayes" <anon@anon.com> wrote in message
Several components fell off my FX5200 Ultra (combination of bad soldering &
rough handling), they are located on the back at the bottom left edge of the
card near to the AGP locking tab.

Although it may be technically possible to find, replace and resolder these,
it would be far more practical to replace the card. The probability of it
working normally if fixed is very low If it was shipped to you this way from
a commercial seller, RMA the thing. Otherwise, just be grateful it wasn't a
5950 or 6800 series card this happened to.

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

Is this the Creative Labs Blaster model? Someone in this group must have
one and they can advise the part numbers.

I had a similar thing last year and the parts were easy to find.

"Martin Kayes" <anon@anon.com> wrote in message
Several components fell off my FX5200 Ultra (combination of bad soldering &
rough handling), they are located on the back at the bottom left edge of the
card near to the AGP locking tab.

Can anyone can tell me the component values of:

Transistor Q511
Transistor Q513
Plus there are 5 resistors to the right of them of which the 2nd and 3rd
ones along have also gone AWOL.

I need to get replacements and/or solder them on in the right place.

Many thanks,

Martin

Yep, it is a creative labs fx5200 ultra - has anyone got one that they could have a quick look at please.

It is about £120 to buy a new one but it only needs about £5 parts to fix it.

I would appreciate any help.