s-vhs output

I am connecting my TNT S-VHS output toa an S-VHS input of my TV but I cannot
see anything

I cannot find a way in the configuration SW to enable/disbale it... Did
anybody experienced the same? What is wrong here ??

Thanks

Marco Stanzani wrote:

> I am connecting my TNT S-VHS output toa an S-VHS input of my TV but I cannot
> see anything
>
> I cannot find a way in the configuration SW to enable/disbale it... Did
> anybody experienced the same? What is wrong here ??
>
> Thanks

I have a bit of experience with this and the old TNT. Up until recently
I was using the original Riva TNT w/ TV-out in a server. I found that
using the early 4x.xx drivers was hit or miss for TV-out. Sometimes I
could force it, others not.

Try the 44.03 Official Detonators (previous driver):

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/44.03/

Those are the last ones I found with original TNT support in them. And
try using the "force Composite" or "force S-Video" along with proper
region type in the control panel. There's also an option for "My TV is
connected but I cant see it" or such, but I've never had to use it.

Also keep in mind that the TNT isn't sending a true S-Video signal, it's
sending a composite luma+chroma over both wires, not separate. This way
it can also serve regular composite with an adapter dongle. This may or
may not be a problem for the hardware you're using.

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Marco Stanzani" <marco.stanzaniNOSPAM@fastwebnet.it> wrote in message
> I am connecting my TNT S-VHS output toa an S-VHS input of my TV but I
cannot
> see anything
>
> I cannot find a way in the configuration SW to enable/disbale it... Did
> anybody experienced the same? What is wrong here ??

No big deal, but I just thought you might like to know its called s-video,
not s-vhs. s-vhs is a vcr tape format.

Actually, the S-Video connector was designed for S-VHS VCRs, to accomodate
the higher resolution, so in some parts of the world the connector is
actually called an S-VHS connector.

"Sharanga Dayananda" <sharangad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Actually, the S-Video connector was designed for S-VHS VCRs, to accomodate
> the higher resolution, so in some parts of the world the connector is
> actually called an S-VHS connector.

Well in some parts of the world, they have got the name wrong then. JVC
invented it all and its JVC who get to name the parts. The tapes are called
s-vhs and the video standard that goes with it is called s-video. End of
story.

Chip.

> "Sharanga Dayananda" <sharangad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Actually, the S-Video connector was designed for S-VHS VCRs, to
accomodate
> > the higher resolution, so in some parts of the world the connector is
> > actually called an S-VHS connector.
> >

> Well in some parts of the world, they have got the name wrong then. JVC
> invented it all and its JVC who get to name the parts. The tapes are
called
> s-vhs and the video standard that goes with it is called s-video. End of
> story.

SVHS
VHS

CapFusion,....

CapFusion wrote:

> "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Sharanga Dayananda" <sharangad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Actually, the S-Video connector was designed for S-VHS VCRs, to
> accomodate
>> > the higher resolution, so in some parts of the world the connector is
>> > actually called an S-VHS connector.
>> >

>> Well in some parts of the world, they have got the name wrong then. JVC
>> invented it all and its JVC who get to name the parts. The tapes are
> called
>> s-vhs and the video standard that goes with it is called s-video. End of
>> story.
>>
> SVHS
> VHS

SOS
SAS

What's your point?

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Andy

"Sharanga Dayananda" <sharangad@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<ZjyPc.531$kK3.259@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>...
> Actually, the S-Video connector was designed for S-VHS VCRs, to accomodate
> the higher resolution, so in some parts of the world the connector is
> actually called an S-VHS connector.

Exactly: regular VHS carries a *composite* signal. S-VHS carries an
S-video signal so historicall S-VHS is also legitimate

andy wrote:

> "Sharanga Dayananda" <sharangad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Actually, the S-Video connector was designed for S-VHS VCRs, to
>> accomodate the higher resolution, so in some parts of the world the
>> connector is actually called an S-VHS connector.
>
> Exactly: regular VHS carries a *composite* signal. S-VHS carries an
> S-video signal so historicall S-VHS is also legitimate

S-VHS doesn't carry anything, it is an encoding for tape recording. Kind of
like calling a Firewire cable a "DVR" or some such.

--

> andy wrote:
>
> > "Sharanga Dayananda" <sharangad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Actually, the S-Video connector was designed for S-VHS VCRs, to
> >> accomodate the higher resolution, so in some parts of the world the
> >> connector is actually called an S-VHS connector.
> >
> > Exactly: regular VHS carries a *composite* signal. S-VHS carries an
> > S-video signal so historicall S-VHS is also legitimate
>
> S-VHS doesn't carry anything, it is an encoding for tape recording. Kind
of
> like calling a Firewire cable a "DVR" or some such.

Precisely.

Chip