Nvidia 5600 128mb V Ti 4200 128mb

Is the 5600 significantly better than the ti4200?

Looking at replacing my card.

Sorry for noob question.

regards

Chris

"Evil Uncle Chris" <chris.macnamara@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Is the 5600 significantly better than the ti4200?
>
> Looking at replacing my card.
>
> Chris

The 5600 is a bit slower, the 5600 Ultra is about the same from personal
experience. It's a different chip obviously, and will be faster at some
things, and slower at others. The 5600 does have DX9 and Pixel Shader 2.0
support, however...

That being said, 5700Ultra or one of the 5900XT's is a better bet.

Tim

> Is the 5600 significantly better than the ti4200?
No. About same speed.

5600 Has directx9 though.

> Looking at replacing my card.
Dont. I did. Boy am I sorry...

5900XT would be a step up.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

jafar

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 11:12:24 +0000, Evil Uncle Chris wrote:

> Is the 5600 significantly better than the ti4200?

The 5600 is significantly slower than the ti4200.
The 5700 is about the same speed.
Try and spent a few extra £/$ to get the 5700 Ultra or the 5900 so you
can justify the expense by getting extra speed, not just dx9 compatibility ;)

--
Jafar Calley
Registered Linux User #359623

> > Is the 5600 significantly better than the ti4200?
> >
> > Looking at replacing my card.
> >
> > Chris
>
> The 5600 is a bit slower, the 5600 Ultra is about the same from personal
> experience. It's a different chip obviously, and will be faster at some
> things, and slower at others. The 5600 does have DX9 and Pixel Shader 2.0
> support, however...
>
> That being said, 5700Ultra or one of the 5900XT's is a better bet.
>
> Tim

Thanksforthe information guys.

Pretty much decided on a 5800 or 5900 now

Cheers

Chris

Thanks again for all the advice. I got a 5900 xt, and it really is rather
nice.

Cheers

Chris

For some reason the 5600 seemed to get alot of knocks - they say it is
slow etc. When I bought mine the reviews were favourable in that it was
fair speedy with all the ins and outs I needed, and a good price.

Since fitting it has run like a charm, does everything right, and I like
it. But they say the 5700 does all that and is faster

David

--
If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?