"A Taste of Come" billboard

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

Where exactly is this billboard? It's been several months since I did that
mission. I looked for it for several hours the other day, and couldn't find
it.

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.

aa #2133
ap #19

In message <soudnQQX36LGS07fRVn-hg@centurytel.net>
"towelie" <bugoNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Where exactly is this billboard? It's been several months since I did that
> mission. I looked for it for several hours the other day, and couldn't find
> it.

From CJ's house in Grove Street, head down the alleyway right next to
it and turn right on to the road, and then take a right across the
bridge.

Just after the bridge you should see a narrow alleyway which leads to
another bridge. The billboard is the Sprunk sign on your left (Although
obviously you can't see this from this side). IIRC, it was used in the
mission 'Reuniting The Families' and is also (I think somebody
mentioned it on here) able to be destroyed before that mission.

I was really miffed that you couldn't recreate that jump as a unique
stunt or even in the cinematic camera view. There's a barrier stopping
you from going straight through the whole. I've written of loads of
Cheetahs and Banshees attempting it!

Cheers,
Rob

"towelie" <bugoNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Where exactly is this billboard? It's been several months since I did
> that mission. I looked for it for several hours the other day, and
> couldn't find it.

Isn't that from the LA Crime game?

In message <zTRAe.1388$j21.1032@news01.roc.ny>
"Jebus Saves" <GeorgeWBush@drunkdrivingcokeheadedAWOLcowards.com> wrote:

> Isn't that from the LA Crime game?

Nah, that's 'True Grime'. There's one sign above the tunnel near Unity
Station, and another to the north-east of LS (Quite near the Vagos
territories).

The Unity Station billboard is the one that features the pisstake 'True
Crime'-style logo (The other just featutes some dust carts).

Cheers,
Rob

towelie wrote:
> Let me verify these directions.

If I remember correctly, you come out of CJ's house in Grove St, turn
left, go under the bridge, turn right and walk to the edge of the
freeway, then turn left again and follow the freeway a short distance.
The billboard will be on the far side, overlooking the freeway.

Driving just makes it more hassle, unless you want to get real close
(and once you know where it is, finding it in a car will be a lot
easier).

Mark

Have you tried it with a Monster Truck?

Phil Hibbs,.

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:31:54 -0500, "towelie" <bugoNOSPAM@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Where exactly is this billboard? It's been several months since I did that
>mission. I looked for it for several hours the other day, and couldn't find
>it.

It's visible from the freeway, across from CJ's side of Ganton.
Near the basketball park by the large cone structures,
it is accesible in any way, on foot, bike, etc.

Look for a large Sprunk billboard facing out to the freeway, within
a few square miles of the Johnson House/Ganton Freeway. (west)
If you haven't broken it, or did the mission to create the hole yet,
it will say: "Sprunk, A Taste of Things to Come"
-§ynch

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

TV's Rob White wrote:
> From CJ's house in Grove Street, head down the alleyway right next to
> it and turn right on to the road, and then take a right across the
> bridge.
>
> Just after the bridge you should see a narrow alleyway which leads to
> another bridge. The billboard is the Sprunk sign on your left (Although
> obviously you can't see this from this side). IIRC, it was used in the
> mission 'Reuniting The Families' and is also (I think somebody
> mentioned it on here) able to be destroyed before that mission.

I looked and looked for it using these directions, but couldn't find it. Is
the billboard there throughout the game? I'm in Las Venturas on my game,
and several billboards in that area are blank/abandoned.

Let me verify these directions. You take the alley just to the west of the
Johnson house, head south, turn right (west) onto the first street, then
turn right (north) on the big bridge that crosses Grove Street and the
freeway. Right after the freeway, there's an alley to the left (west) but
it is blocked by a fence. Is this the correct area, or am I completely
lost?

I flew around with the jetpack and still couldn't find it.

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:05:51 GMT, "Jebus Saves"
<GeorgeWBush@drunkdrivingcokeheadedAWOLcowards.com> wrote:

>"towelie" <bugoNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Where exactly is this billboard? It's been several months since I did
>> that mission. I looked for it for several hours the other day, and
>> couldn't find it.
>>

>Isn't that from the LA Crime game?

I like how R* takes a dump on that POS game, in San Andreas,
as well as many other targets. :D

In message <cdpbd1tc9geoajic5hvngqh3nkgpeb2u8e@4ax.com>
Luke §ynchronizer <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote:

> "Sprunk, A Taste of Things to Come"

I only just realised yesterday whilst playing one of my favourite
Manhunt levels that Sprunk drinks machines are dotted around some of
the other levels.

All part of the Rockstar world :eek:)

Cheers,
Rob

In message <o7qbd1989sal5a8hth5nbpo2gi97ul0ahf@4ax.com>
§ynchronizer <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote:

> I like how R* takes a dump on that POS game, in San Andreas,
> as well as many other targets. :D

There was a rumour that appeared long ago on a message board that the
sound effects you hear when someone in game is playing a console
(The OG Loc mission involving Madd Dogg's rhyme book, the start of End
Of The Line with Smoke) are re-digitised from Driver3.

This Rockstar vc. Reflections/Atari thing, who started it? I'vw got a
feeling it was R* with the GTAIII missioned 'Two Faced Tanner' where
you kill an undercover cop. Reflections then struck back with the Timmy
Vermicilli's in Driver 3, what was R*'s answer to that?

Cheers,
Rob

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:45:33 +0100, Rob White <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com>
wrote:

>In message <o7qbd1989sal5a8hth5nbpo2gi97ul0ahf@4ax.com>
> §ynchronizer <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote:
>
>> I like how R* takes a dump on that POS game, in San Andreas,
>> as well as many other targets. :D
>
>There was a rumour that appeared long ago on a message board that the
>sound effects you hear when someone in game is playing a console
>(The OG Loc mission involving Madd Dogg's rhyme book, the start of End
>Of The Line with Smoke) are re-digitised from Driver3.
>
>This Rockstar vc. Reflections/Atari thing, who started it? I'vw got a
>feeling it was R* with the GTAIII missioned 'Two Faced Tanner' where
>you kill an undercover cop. Reflections then struck back with the Timmy
>Vermicilli's in Driver 3, what was R*'s answer to that?
>

>Cheers,
>Rob

Aah yes "a strangely animated character" if i remember right.

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

TV's mmaker@my-deja.com wrote:
> towelie wrote:
>> Let me verify these directions.
>
> If I remember correctly, you come out of CJ's house in Grove St, turn
> left, go under the bridge, turn right and walk to the edge of the
> freeway, then turn left again and follow the freeway a short distance.
> The billboard will be on the far side, overlooking the freeway.

Ah, I finally found it. It's much further west than I thought it was.

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> In message <o7qbd1989sal5a8hth5nbpo2gi97ul0ahf@4ax.com>
> §ynchronizer <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote:
>
>> I like how R* takes a dump on that POS game, in San Andreas,
>> as well as many other targets. :D
>
> There was a rumour that appeared long ago on a message board that the
> sound effects you hear when someone in game is playing a console
> (The OG Loc mission involving Madd Dogg's rhyme book, the start of End
> Of The Line with Smoke) are re-digitised from Driver3.
>
> This Rockstar vc. Reflections/Atari thing, who started it? I'vw got a
> feeling it was R* with the GTAIII missioned 'Two Faced Tanner' where
> you kill an undercover cop. Reflections then struck back with the Timmy
> Vermicilli's in Driver 3, what was R*'s answer to that?

The best game parody was in Shadow Warrior, you could open a secret room up
and find Lara Croft chained and tied naked to the wall.

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:21:29 GMT, "Jebus Saves"
<GeorgeWBush@drunkdrivingcokeheadedAWOLcowards.com> wrote:

>The best game parody was in Shadow Warrior, you could open a secret room up
>and find Lara Croft chained and tied naked to the wall.

I remember that, she was behind the prison bars,
near the end of the game. That was funny.
3D Realms also included a similar visual, seen in Lo-Wang's
cousin Duke Nukem's first game.
Hannibal Lechter in his cell, in the prison mission.