GTASA (PC) Gurus: I'm stuck, please help!

I guess you would call me one of the more casual gamers-- while I
love blowing off some steam by playing GTA in the evenings, I simply
don't have the time or skills to make it through the Driving and
Flying schools. Unfortunately, I am at a point in the game where I
need to make it through these schools to unlock further missions.

(I think I'm getting OK at flying, but getting through all the rings in
the limited time without overshooting any is beyond me! And I've done
plenty of driving, but can't believe that the ability to turn 180 degrees
ten times in a row is critical to further missions.)

So, a few questions:
- Is it really true that with all the cheat codes published, there is no
"mission skip" or "instant bronze medal" cheat?!? Seems like a major
omission. Does Rockstar just enjoy driving over-30 gamers nuts?

- I've heard rumors that there are people around who consider these
missions super-easy, though I find that hard to believe. If so, any
chance someone can take my savegame and complete the schools for me, or
point me to a savegame from just after pilot school? (I've looked
online, but the savegames I see seem to be for 100% or fully unlocked
games, and I don't want to skip to the end or miss out on the story.)

Thanks for your help!

Erik Seligman, eseligma@aracnet.com / eseligma@ichips.intel.com
Speaking for myself, not Intel or Aracnet.
7 answers Last reply
More about gtasa gurus stuck help

    In message <slrndd7kqb.kqj.eseligma@onyx.spiritone.com>
    Erik Seligman <eseligma@onyx.spiritone.com> wrote:

    > - I've heard rumors that there are people around who consider these
    > missions super-easy, though I find that hard to believe.

    Easy when you know how, there are very few missions in the entire game
    that need me to have a second chance at it due to failure.

    Mind you, with 14 100% runs under my belt, I would say that :o)

    Which missions in particular are you stuck on? I'm sure the veterans on
    this very newsgroup will be able to offer sage advice.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Rob White <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in

    > In message <slrndd7kqb.kqj.eseligma@onyx.spiritone.com>
    > Erik Seligman <eseligma@onyx.spiritone.com> wrote:
    >
    >> - I've heard rumors that there are people around who consider these
    >> missions super-easy, though I find that hard to believe.
    >
    > Easy when you know how, there are very few missions in the entire game
    > that need me to have a second chance at it due to failure.
    >
    > Mind you, with 14 100% runs under my belt, I would say that :o)
    >
    > Which missions in particular are you stuck on? I'm sure the veterans on
    > this very newsgroup will be able to offer sage advice.
    >

    > Cheers,
    > Rob

    I play my XBOX version and have been stuck on "Cut Throat Business" for
    weeks now... I am so frustrated that I can't catch OG Loc with the
    hydrofoyle that I have basically given up the game.

    I tried to start off the chase on the water, and even on land, but the
    closest I can get to him is to see him jump off the ramp at the pier onto
    the beach and then the ramp disappears.

    So, do you have any tips for me?

    Thanks!

    -lyj

    As a 30+ gamer, all you need to get through the flying school is practice,
    and patience. Plenty of that by now i hope ;) You didnt mention what you are
    using for a "controller". I've gotten through the other GTA's with a
    mouse/keyboard setup, and wont leave what works for me. Of course, after
    passing Zero's R/C plane mission, anything seems easy now.

    If you are using the mouse to fly, turn the mouse sensitivity all the way
    down for flying sessions. Very slight movements of the mouse will still be
    required though. Try and lay off the throttle as much as possible. You may
    be building too much speed. I use the keyboard for flying, and for fixed
    wing craft, have to tap the controls to a varying degree for precise flying.
    Heli's just will require more time to get used to as i cant remap the keys
    exactly as they were in VC. I cant wait for the Brown Thunder missions...
    (if any)

    Half of the battle with SA is taking the time to map the controls so they
    feel right and are comfortable to use. I'm in the same boat as you. Fishing
    takes up a lot of what little free time i have these days, and i only get to
    whack away at this stuff for a few hours a week. (just got to the flying
    school too) I imagine at this pace, i will still be working on 100% in a
    year unless something else tops GTA.

    Hopefully, Rockstar is hearing about these control issues, and will help us
    with a patch. If BF1942 and others can use a mouse/keyboard/joystick combo,
    why cant we ??? If only i could plug in my Microsoft FF2 for the
    heli....sigh

    In article <ea555b894d.Rob@aqus02.dsl.pipex.com>, Rob White wrote:
    > In message <slrndd7kqb.kqj.eseligma@onyx.spiritone.com>
    > Erik Seligman <eseligma@onyx.spiritone.com> wrote:
    >
    >> - I've heard rumors that there are people around who consider these
    >> missions super-easy, though I find that hard to believe.
    >

    > Which missions in particular are you stuck on? I'm sure the veterans on
    > this very newsgroup will be able to offer sage advice.

    Bascially, the driving test where you have to do five laps of perfect
    180 turns, and the flying test where you have to circle the airport
    without missing any of the floating rings.

    I've seen lots of advice (go to 1st person, remap controls, don't
    panic, turn airplane with light taps, pray to demonic forces, etc), but
    none of it seems to help!

    Erik Seligman, eseligma@aracnet.com / eseligma@ichips.intel.com
    Speaking for myself, not Intel or Aracnet.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <Xns96917F6769DD6chrishchyahoocomSpam@38.119.71.104>
    LastYJ <carsx88-6012@yahoo.comm.> wrote:

    > I play my XBOX version and have been stuck on "Cut Throat Business" for
    > weeks now... I am so frustrated that I can't catch OG Loc with the
    > hydrofoyle that I have basically given up the game.

    Tricky one I know, it took me a few tries to catch him when you chase
    him in the go-kart too.

    > I tried to start off the chase on the water, and even on land, but the
    > closest I can get to him is to see him jump off the ramp at the pier onto
    > the beach and then the ramp disappears.

    Have you done the boating school mission 'Land, Sea and Air'? It helped
    me out a lot, the trick to the hovercraft (And the other fast boats
    too) is to only nudge the control in the direction you want. The
    hovercraft is very responsive to the controls, plus OG Loc takes the
    same route EVERY time.

    You should also remember that holding back on the direction button
    makes the 'craft float when it's in the air, so after you've gone over
    the ramp hold forward to get back on the water as fast as possible.

    What do you mean that the ramp disappears by the way?

    Cheers,
    Rob
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:23:45 +0000, Erik Seligman wrote:

    > Bascially, the driving test where you have to do five laps of perfect
    > 180 turns, and the flying test where you have to circle the airport
    > without missing any of the floating rings.
    >
    > I've seen lots of advice (go to 1st person, remap controls, don't
    > panic, turn airplane with light taps, pray to demonic forces, etc), but
    > none of it seems to help!

    send me your save game(s) and i'll do them for you, erik... i can't
    guarantee anything higher than bronze tough :-)

    email: bryan DOT stevens AT ntlhell DOT co DOT uk
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Erik Seligman" <eseligma@onyx.spiritone.com> wrote in message

    > I guess you would call me one of the more casual gamers-- while I
    > love blowing off some steam by playing GTA in the evenings, I simply
    > don't have the time or skills to make it through the Driving and
    > Flying schools. Unfortunately, I am at a point in the game where I
    > need to make it through these schools to unlock further missions.

    Email me a save game if you wish and I'll do it, won't guarantee a gold
    medal though.
    My reply to email is valid.

Video Games