GTASA (PC) Gurus: I'm stuck, please help!

Last response: in Video Games
July 12, 2005 6:27:23 PM

I guess you would call me one of the more casual gamers-- while I
love blowing off some steam by playing GTA in the evenings, I simply
don't have the time or skills to make it through the Driving and
Flying schools. Unfortunately, I am at a point in the game where I
need to make it through these schools to unlock further missions.

(I think I'm getting OK at flying, but getting through all the rings in
the limited time without overshooting any is beyond me! And I've done
plenty of driving, but can't believe that the ability to turn 180 degrees
ten times in a row is critical to further missions.)

So, a few questions:
- Is it really true that with all the cheat codes published, there is no
"mission skip" or "instant bronze medal" cheat?!? Seems like a major
omission. Does Rockstar just enjoy driving over-30 gamers nuts?

- I've heard rumors that there are people around who consider these
missions super-easy, though I find that hard to believe. If so, any
chance someone can take my savegame and complete the schools for me, or
point me to a savegame from just after pilot school? (I've looked
online, but the savegames I see seem to be for 100% or fully unlocked
games, and I don't want to skip to the end or miss out on the story.)

Thanks for your help!

Erik Seligman, eseligma@aracnet.com / eseligma@ichips.intel.com
Speaking for myself, not Intel or Aracnet.

More about : gtasa gurus stuck

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 8:04:21 PM

In message <slrndd7kqb.kqj.eseligma@onyx.spiritone.com>
Erik Seligman <eseligma@onyx.spiritone.com> wrote:

> - I've heard rumors that there are people around who consider these
> missions super-easy, though I find that hard to believe.

Easy when you know how, there are very few missions in the entire game
that need me to have a second chance at it due to failure.

Mind you, with 14 100% runs under my belt, I would say that :o )

Which missions in particular are you stuck on? I'm sure the veterans on
this very newsgroup will be able to offer sage advice.

Cheers,
Rob
July 12, 2005 8:04:22 PM

Rob White <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in

> In message <slrndd7kqb.kqj.eseligma@onyx.spiritone.com>
> Erik Seligman <eseligma@onyx.spiritone.com> wrote:
>
>> - I've heard rumors that there are people around who consider these
>> missions super-easy, though I find that hard to believe.
>
> Easy when you know how, there are very few missions in the entire game
> that need me to have a second chance at it due to failure.
>
> Mind you, with 14 100% runs under my belt, I would say that :o )
>
> Which missions in particular are you stuck on? I'm sure the veterans on
> this very newsgroup will be able to offer sage advice.
>

> Cheers,
> Rob

I play my XBOX version and have been stuck on "Cut Throat Business" for
weeks now... I am so frustrated that I can't catch OG Loc with the
hydrofoyle that I have basically given up the game.

I tried to start off the chase on the water, and even on land, but the
closest I can get to him is to see him jump off the ramp at the pier onto
the beach and then the ramp disappears.

So, do you have any tips for me?

Thanks!

-lyj

July 12, 2005 10:48:27 PM

As a 30+ gamer, all you need to get through the flying school is practice,
and patience. Plenty of that by now i hope ;)  You didnt mention what you are
using for a "controller". I've gotten through the other GTA's with a
mouse/keyboard setup, and wont leave what works for me. Of course, after
passing Zero's R/C plane mission, anything seems easy now.

If you are using the mouse to fly, turn the mouse sensitivity all the way
down for flying sessions. Very slight movements of the mouse will still be
required though. Try and lay off the throttle as much as possible. You may
be building too much speed. I use the keyboard for flying, and for fixed
wing craft, have to tap the controls to a varying degree for precise flying.
Heli's just will require more time to get used to as i cant remap the keys
exactly as they were in VC. I cant wait for the Brown Thunder missions...
(if any)

Half of the battle with SA is taking the time to map the controls so they
feel right and are comfortable to use. I'm in the same boat as you. Fishing
takes up a lot of what little free time i have these days, and i only get to
whack away at this stuff for a few hours a week. (just got to the flying
school too) I imagine at this pace, i will still be working on 100% in a
year unless something else tops GTA.

Hopefully, Rockstar is hearing about these control issues, and will help us
with a patch. If BF1942 and others can use a mouse/keyboard/joystick combo,
why cant we ??? If only i could plug in my Microsoft FF2 for the
heli....sigh
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 11:23:45 PM

In article <ea555b894d.Rob@aqus02.dsl.pipex.com>, Rob White wrote:
> In message <slrndd7kqb.kqj.eseligma@onyx.spiritone.com>
> Erik Seligman <eseligma@onyx.spiritone.com> wrote:
>
>> - I've heard rumors that there are people around who consider these
>> missions super-easy, though I find that hard to believe.
>

> Which missions in particular are you stuck on? I'm sure the veterans on
> this very newsgroup will be able to offer sage advice.

Bascially, the driving test where you have to do five laps of perfect
180 turns, and the flying test where you have to circle the airport
without missing any of the floating rings.

I've seen lots of advice (go to 1st person, remap controls, don't
panic, turn airplane with light taps, pray to demonic forces, etc), but
none of it seems to help!

Erik Seligman, eseligma@aracnet.com / eseligma@ichips.intel.com
Speaking for myself, not Intel or Aracnet.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 12:39:28 AM

In message <Xns96917F6769DD6chrishchyahoocomSpam@38.119.71.104>
LastYJ <carsx88-6012@yahoo.comm.> wrote:

> I play my XBOX version and have been stuck on "Cut Throat Business" for
> weeks now... I am so frustrated that I can't catch OG Loc with the
> hydrofoyle that I have basically given up the game.

Tricky one I know, it took me a few tries to catch him when you chase
him in the go-kart too.

> I tried to start off the chase on the water, and even on land, but the
> closest I can get to him is to see him jump off the ramp at the pier onto
> the beach and then the ramp disappears.

Have you done the boating school mission 'Land, Sea and Air'? It helped
me out a lot, the trick to the hovercraft (And the other fast boats
too) is to only nudge the control in the direction you want. The
hovercraft is very responsive to the controls, plus OG Loc takes the
same route EVERY time.

You should also remember that holding back on the direction button
makes the 'craft float when it's in the air, so after you've gone over
the ramp hold forward to get back on the water as fast as possible.

What do you mean that the ramp disappears by the way?

Cheers,
Rob
July 13, 2005 3:35:27 AM

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:23:45 +0000, Erik Seligman wrote:

> Bascially, the driving test where you have to do five laps of perfect
> 180 turns, and the flying test where you have to circle the airport
> without missing any of the floating rings.
>
> I've seen lots of advice (go to 1st person, remap controls, don't
> panic, turn airplane with light taps, pray to demonic forces, etc), but
> none of it seems to help!

send me your save game(s) and i'll do them for you, erik... i can't
guarantee anything higher than bronze tough :-)

email: bryan DOT stevens AT ntlhell DOT co DOT uk
July 13, 2005 4:50:10 AM

"Erik Seligman" <eseligma@onyx.spiritone.com> wrote in message

> I guess you would call me one of the more casual gamers-- while I
> love blowing off some steam by playing GTA in the evenings, I simply
> don't have the time or skills to make it through the Driving and
> Flying schools. Unfortunately, I am at a point in the game where I
> need to make it through these schools to unlock further missions.

Email me a save game if you wish and I'll do it, won't guarantee a gold
medal though.
My reply to email is valid.
!