Longest Graphics Card Warranty!

Hello fellow enthusiasts;

I just had a Leadtek 5600 ultra die on me, this card was going to be
used in Doom 3, so now I am stuck with an ATI Radeon 9200.

I was wondering which manufacture has the best warranty for graphics
cards? Most of what I have seen are only one year warrantys, my card
was 1 1/2 years old. I would like a two or three year warranty if any
are that long. I probably will not overclock the card, just want
something that has staying power for longer than a year.

Gnu_Raiz
13 answers Last reply
More about longest graphics card warranty

    Hello fellow enthusiasts;

    I just had a Leadtek 5600 ultra die on me, this card was going to be
    used in Doom 3, so now I am stuck with an ATI Radeon 9200.

    I was wondering which manufacture has the best warranty for graphics
    cards? Most of what I have seen are only one year warrantys, my card
    was 1 1/2 years old. I would like a two or three year warranty if any
    are that long. I probably will not overclock the card, just want
    something that has staying power for longer than a year.

    Gnu_Raiz

    ---------

    Gainward cards have a 2 year warrantyand are kickass cards.

    Well my BFG 6800 GT OC is guaranteed for life.

    Cobbler

    "Cobbler" <cobbler@cobblers.com> wrote in message
    > Well my BFG 6800 GT OC is guaranteed for life.
    >
    > Cobbler

    Be careful when a company says that their card has a lifetime warranty. I
    remember one person wrote into Maximum PC magazine once (Watchdog section)
    with a dead GeForce4 Ti4600 card which also supposedly had a "lifetime
    warranty". Upon further inspection of the warranty details, the company
    meant the lifetime of the product cycle, as in they will repair/replace the
    card as long as it remains part of the current product line-up and is
    readily available. I'm not saying this is the case with BFG, but be sure to
    read the "fine print", as it were.

    I do believe many if not all of the Asus video cards come with a 3 year
    warranty.

    "Cobbler" <cobbler@cobblers.com> wrote in message news:<VDwPc.483$gQ3.12@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net>...
    > Well my BFG 6800 GT OC is guaranteed for life.
    >
    > Cobbler

    <snip>

    Thats good to know, but the only problem is, I have not heard about
    BFG Tech, will they be here in say 4 years. I did check their site
    out and they seem to be very serious about their warranty, but if they
    are not arround in the future what good is their warranty?

    Gnu_Raiz

    BFG actually makes such a distinction and says its cards are guaranteed
    forever, not just over its product cycle:

    http://www.bfgtech.com/we_are_different.html

    What usually ends up happening is the company closing its doors before your
    card dies. 3dfx is one such case. I am not sure if the new Visiontek still
    honors the lifetime warranty that accompanied its GF3 and GF4 cards before
    the company went into receivership.

    "NightSky 421" <nightsky421@reply-to-group.com> wrote in message
    > Be careful when a company says that their card has a lifetime warranty. I
    > remember one person wrote into Maximum PC magazine once (Watchdog section)
    > with a dead GeForce4 Ti4600 card which also supposedly had a "lifetime
    > warranty". Upon further inspection of the warranty details, the company
    > meant the lifetime of the product cycle, as in they will repair/replace
    the
    > card as long as it remains part of the current product line-up and is
    > readily available. I'm not saying this is the case with BFG, but be sure
    > read the "fine print", as it were.
    >
    > I do believe many if not all of the Asus video cards come with a 3 year
    > warranty.

    >"Cobbler" <cobbler@cobblers.com> wrote in message news:<VDwPc.483
    > Well my BFG 6800 GT OC is guaranteed for life.
    >
    > Cobbler

    Hi,

    Quite a few graphic cards that "guaranteed for life" but could someone
    please explain what is "guaranteed for life" consider as:

    1) "Life" here is as long as I live, I don't need to buy another video
    to replace this "life time guarantted" one (if it break).

    2) "Life" is the life of the company - as long as the company is in
    business.

    3) "Life" is the life circle of the current model of the video (2-3
    years most).

    > "Cobbler" <cobbler@cobblers.com> wrote in message
    >> Well my BFG 6800 GT OC is guaranteed for life.
    >>
    >> Cobbler
    >>
    > <snip>
    >
    > Thats good to know, but the only problem is, I have not heard about
    > BFG Tech, will they be here in say 4 years. I did check their site
    > out and they seem to be very serious about their warranty, but if they
    > are not arround in the future what good is their warranty?

    http://www.bfgtech.com/tech_redux.html#lifetime

    This link explains what they call lifetime warranty - however, the
    conditions applied leave the enough opportunities to refuse a warranty
    claim.

    NightSky 421 wrote:

    > Upon further inspection of the warranty details, the company
    > meant the lifetime of the product cycle, as in they will repair/replace
    > the card as long as it remains part of the current product line-up and is
    > readily available.

    PNY have such a warranty. Part of the reason I bought one of their cards
    was because of the "lifetime" warranty, no distinction was made on
    tigerdirect (where I bought it).

    I bought the rest of the system at the same time, so of course I didn't
    want to return it and have to wait for another card to arrive before I
    could get any good use out of my system (let alone paying for return
    shipping).

    --
    http://ciotog.net

    > BFG actually makes such a distinction and says its cards are guaranteed
    > forever, not just over its product cycle:
    >
    > http://www.bfgtech.com/we_are_different.html
    >
    > What usually ends up happening is the company closing its doors before
    your
    > card dies. 3dfx is one such case. I am not sure if the new Visiontek still
    > honors the lifetime warranty that accompanied its GF3 and GF4 cards before
    > the company went into receivership.

    That link did not indicate how long the warranty apply to. It simply
    discredit other manufacturer on the claim "LifeTime Warranty". Next it
    indicated and ensure their tech is like customer [gamer] and have the same
    passion. BUT I do not see anything regarding their true meaning of this term
    "Lifetime warranty" really meant.
    http://www.bfgtech.com/we_are_different.html

    Still.... It might be best to read the fine print.

    CapFusion,....

    "Steven K" <nospam@bigpond.com> wrote in message

    > http://www.bfgtech.com/tech_redux.html#lifetime
    >
    > This link explains what they call lifetime warranty - however, the
    > conditions applied leave the enough opportunities to refuse a warranty
    > claim.

    Interesting warranty concept. I guess the original purchaser only valid for
    warranty. But still, I do not think they can warranty that long as
    'lifetime". Some chipset will be discontinue from the chipset manufacturer,
    there no way they can get it to repair / replace that old card. I guess the
    only way they can honor that claim if they replace with another different
    card. But this mean, it is not warranty of the same original product so the
    new replacement of that product will not reflect the lifetime warranty....?

    CapFusion,...

    In all likeliness, you would probably replace the card with a newer one to
    play the latest games before it dies anyway.
    I have never had a graphics card die on me in all my gaming life. I even
    remember adding extra memory to my old mach64 card and never had trouble
    with it.
    On another note, I read in pcformat i think that BGF Tech only use top
    quality components on their boards which is why they are able to sell their
    card overclocked out of the box.
    I have overclocked mine even more to 6800 ultra levels and i have no trouble
    at all.

    Cobbler

    "Phil" <Phil_12345@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >"Cobbler" <cobbler@cobblers.com> wrote in message news:<VDwPc.483
    > > Well my BFG 6800 GT OC is guaranteed for life.
    > >
    > > Cobbler
    >

    > Hi,
    >
    > Quite a few graphic cards that "guaranteed for life" but could someone
    > please explain what is "guaranteed for life" consider as:
    >
    > 1) "Life" here is as long as I live, I don't need to buy another video
    > to replace this "life time guarantted" one (if it break).
    >
    > 2) "Life" is the life of the company - as long as the company is in
    > business.
    >
    > 3) "Life" is the life circle of the current model of the video (2-3
    > years most).
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    BFG is founded by exiled Visiontek execs whose company went under due to
    improper accounting practices...

    This is why Visiontek now produces ATi cards, when it used to have a close
    relationship with nVidia (made all of nVidia's reference boards).

    "Gnu_Raiz" <rthoreau@iwon.com> wrote in message
    > Thats good to know, but the only problem is, I have not heard about
    > BFG Tech, will they be here in say 4 years. I did check their site
    > out and they seem to be very serious about their warranty, but if they
    > are not arround in the future what good is their warranty?
    >
    > Gnu_Raiz
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    > In all likeliness, you would probably replace the card with a newer one to
    > play the latest games before it dies anyway.
    > I have never had a graphics card die on me in all my gaming life. I even
    > remember adding extra memory to my old mach64 card and never had trouble
    > with it.
    > Cobbler

    Sub-subject: Doom3 is 6800 Ultra Extreme killer!

    Read the 4th paragraph here:

    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2146&p=3

    This is why you may need a good campany giving you good warranty ;)

    GT

Nvidia Graphics Cards Graphics