Problems with Nvidia GForce4 440MMX 128Mb

Hi,

I hope I'm in the right place, had a browse through some group titles and
this was the closest to what I need.

I have a Nvidia GForce4 440MMX 128Mb in my PC, 2100Mhz Athalon with 1024Meg
ram.

I have no problems watching videos and dvds and playing some games on my PC.
I play Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and Championship Manager 2003/04 regularly
with no problems. I also never had any problems with Vice City or the Elite
Force games.

Now the point. I recently downloaded a few games and when I try and play
them I get what can only be described as a red hue over the screen, like the
whole thing is in Red and Black rather than the full colour. sometimes
backgrounds are in the right colour but the moving objects like a car or a
character walking around are in black and red, sometimes in just black and
red colour, sometimes black and red lines.

I've had this happen most recently with Jurassic Park, Operartion Genesis
and older games such as Sniper 2, Robot Wars Extreme Distruction and even
very old games like Theme Park.

I downloaded the latest driver update as per the Nvidia website today but
still no help. Can anyone offer any advice that may help me out with this?
4 answers Last reply
More about problems nvidia gforce4 440mmx 128mb

    "Major ChrisB" <cgbrannigan-remove-@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I hope I'm in the right place, had a browse through some group titles and
    > this was the closest to what I need.
    >
    > I have a Nvidia GForce4 440MMX 128Mb in my PC, 2100Mhz Athalon with
    > 1024Meg ram.
    >
    > I have no problems watching videos and dvds and playing some games on my
    > PC. I play Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and Championship Manager 2003/04
    > regularly with no problems. I also never had any problems with Vice City
    > or the Elite Force games.
    >
    > Now the point. I recently downloaded a few games and when I try and play
    > them I get what can only be described as a red hue over the screen, like
    > the whole thing is in Red and Black rather than the full colour.
    > sometimes backgrounds are in the right colour but the moving objects like
    > a car or a character walking around are in black and red, sometimes in
    > just black and red colour, sometimes black and red lines.
    >
    > I've had this happen most recently with Jurassic Park, Operartion Genesis
    > and older games such as Sniper 2, Robot Wars Extreme Distruction and even
    > very old games like Theme Park.
    >
    > I downloaded the latest driver update as per the Nvidia website today but
    > still no help. Can anyone offer any advice that may help me out with
    > this?

    maybe a heat problem?

    "Steven K" <nospam@bigpond.com> wrote in message
    > "Major ChrisB" <cgbrannigan-remove-@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I hope I'm in the right place, had a browse through some group titles
    and
    > > this was the closest to what I need.
    > >
    > > I have a Nvidia GForce4 440MMX 128Mb in my PC, 2100Mhz Athalon with
    > > 1024Meg ram.
    > >
    > > I have no problems watching videos and dvds and playing some games on my
    > > PC. I play Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and Championship Manager 2003/04
    > > regularly with no problems. I also never had any problems with Vice
    City
    > > or the Elite Force games.
    > >
    > > Now the point. I recently downloaded a few games and when I try and
    play
    > > them I get what can only be described as a red hue over the screen, like
    > > the whole thing is in Red and Black rather than the full colour.
    > > sometimes backgrounds are in the right colour but the moving objects
    like
    > > a car or a character walking around are in black and red, sometimes in
    > > just black and red colour, sometimes black and red lines.
    > >
    > > I've had this happen most recently with Jurassic Park, Operartion
    Genesis
    > > and older games such as Sniper 2, Robot Wars Extreme Distruction and
    even
    > > very old games like Theme Park.
    > >
    > > I downloaded the latest driver update as per the Nvidia website today
    but
    > > still no help. Can anyone offer any advice that may help me out with
    > > this?
    >

    > maybe a heat problem?

    I have the processor cooler fan, the chips own cooler fan plus 3 fans inside
    the power unit keeping the whole thing pretty cold to the touch

    plus it doesn't do it when watching any videos or dvds but will do it as
    sooon as the games are loaded

    > I have the processor cooler fan, the chips own cooler fan plus 3 fans
    inside
    > the power unit keeping the whole thing pretty cold to the touch
    >
    > plus it doesn't do it when watching any videos or dvds but will do it as
    > sooon as the games are loaded

    Most likely your video card is a warning sign that it about to die. Those
    games require to process 3D instruction and will cause your GPU to increase
    heat. DVD and VIDEO do not require much process. The more 3D graphic it need
    to process, the worst it will get.

    Try checking your heat when playing those games need to process 3D graphic,
    especially when there alot of image fill the whole screen.

    CapFusion,...

    On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 19:37:34 +0100 "Major ChrisB"
    <cgbrannigan-remove-@ntlworld.com> meeped :

    > Can anyone offer any advice that may help me out with this?

    Get a better card... ( ;¬ D)

    Lo
    --

Nvidia Games Graphics