fx 5700 clone mode

"cody" <noninviateminulla@email.it> wrote in message
news:SxxPc.66745$OR2.3901338@news3.tin.it...
> I have a problem to activate Clone mode on 5700 (Asus 9570td)

It can vary by driver version being used.

JS

"cody" <noninviateminulla@email.it> wrote in

> I have a problem to activate Clone mode on 5700 (Asus 9570td)

Please forgive my noobishness; but, what is clone mode?

TIA

Cody

nvidia 61.77

"JS" <JS@huh.wha> wrote in message
> "cody" <noninviateminulla@email.it> wrote in
>
> > I have a problem to activate Clone mode on 5700 (Asus 9570td)
> >

> Please forgive my noobishness; but, what is clone mode?

Same image / display to two screen [identical]. Or mirror image.

CapFusion,...

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

"JS" <JS@huh.wha> wrote in message
> "cody" <noninviateminulla@email.it> wrote in
>
> > I have a problem to activate Clone mode on 5700 (Asus 9570td)
> >

> Please forgive my noobishness; but, what is clone mode?
>
> TIA

A setting which outputs the same on two of the graphics cards outputs, for
example VGA and DVI, VGA and Composite, VGA and S-Video etc etc.

JS

"CapFusion" <CapeFussion...@hotmail.., com> wrote in news:8-
6dncU2b_uxXpLcRVn-qA@megapath.net:

> "JS" <JS@huh.wha> wrote in message
>> "cody" <noninviateminulla@email.it> wrote in
>>
>> > I have a problem to activate Clone mode on 5700 (Asus 9570td)
>> >

>> Please forgive my noobishness; but, what is clone mode?
>>

> Same image / display to two screen [identical]. Or mirror image.
>
> CapFusion,...

Thanks Much.

Has anyone heard any updates about the fx 5700 problem? Mine can do a
single display mode where it can switch perfectly between tv and my
monitor, one at a time. However in the Nview Display Modes, it only
has one item in the pull down menu, and that's "single display". Clone
and extended modes seem to be missing. I have the most recent 61.77
drivers.
Do these features just not exist in the 5700 card?
Are the more recent drivers flawed for the 5700?
Does anyone know of a way of getting official information from nvidia
about the 5700?

JS <JS@huh.wha> wrote in message news:<Xns953B2030A582AJShuhwha@127.0.0.1>...
> "CapFusion" <CapeFussion...@hotmail.., com> wrote in news:8-
> 6dncU2b_uxXpLcRVn-qA@megapath.net:
>
> > "JS" <JS@huh.wha> wrote in message
> >> "cody" <noninviateminulla@email.it> wrote in

> >> Please forgive my noobishness; but, what is clone mode?
> >>

> > Same image / display to two screen [identical]. Or mirror image.
> >
> > CapFusion,...
> >

> Thanks Much.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004

thought i would register to answer this problem...

after finally deciding to keep trying till i reach success, i have
spent an afternoon researching the problem.

On the web i could find no answer, but in my hunt i remembered that
the card has two slots for the main monitor to be connected, the main
default one, and an adapter that was included in the box.

So i looked for the box, and found the extra connector, then
proceeded to take out the cable, connect the adaptor and insert the
cable onto the other slot... at first the monitor was blank, but i
switched the desktop onto my TV, and proceeded to the nview
options... and hey presto, clone mode was available. And it Works too

:D