Dual Monitor, Analog Monitor + DVI (connected to HDTV) = s..

Hello :)
I'm positive I'm not the only one trying to do this..

I have an Asus ti4200-8x card. It has the usual monitor plug, svideo, and
DVI connector on the back.
Under normal circumstances I have my regluar 19 inch monitor plugged into
the monitor plug. So I have a DVI cable that I plug into my television. I
will likely try powerstrip to get the proper resolution and timing for hdtv,
however, while the DVI cable is plugged in at the same time, and I reboot my
puter, my main monitor stops working. Its like the DVI connector takes
precidence on the video card. Since this isn't a windows thing, I'm
assuming its hardwired in the video card, or hard coded into the cards
firmware. Has anyone experienced this and gotten around it?

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about dual monitor analog monitor connected hdtv

    "ralph" <machio@karatekid.com> wrote in message
    > Hello :)
    > I'm positive I'm not the only one trying to do this..
    >
    > I have an Asus ti4200-8x card. It has the usual monitor plug, svideo, and
    > DVI connector on the back.
    > Under normal circumstances I have my regluar 19 inch monitor plugged into
    > the monitor plug. So I have a DVI cable that I plug into my television.
    > will likely try powerstrip to get the proper resolution and timing for
    hdtv,
    > however, while the DVI cable is plugged in at the same time, and I reboot
    my
    > puter, my main monitor stops working. Its like the DVI connector takes
    > precidence on the video card. Since this isn't a windows thing, I'm
    > assuming its hardwired in the video card, or hard coded into the cards
    > firmware. Has anyone experienced this and gotten around it?

    Most likly guess it hardware problem.
    Try booting from the VGA port first. When Windows fully loaded, attach the
    DVI. You will need to set the nView mode to whatever mode you want.

    CapFusion,...

Nvidia Dual Monitors DVI Monitors Graphics