DeForce FX 5200 TV-out woes...

Hi,

I am unable to get my tv-out signal correctly displayed on my TV (have
tried with both my TVs).

I have the latest nvidia drivers installed and dx9b on Windows XP Home
Pro.

I have tried using a svhs-svhs cable with or without svhs to composit
adapter, with or without direct svhs input on the TV or through svhs
scart adapter. I have tried by using nView in clone mode, and by using
the newest TVTool. I have tried with 3 different svhs cables (of
varying lenght) to rule out cable defects. Neither combination works
(they all fall out to the same result):

I get a picture on the TV, but the colors and the sharpness are wrong.
It is as if there is a "shadow or displacement effect" in the picture.

I have set the output options to:

TV / Analog
PAL-G
800x600 16 bit and 640x480 8 bit

Switching to NTSC causes the TV picture to turn black and white, but
it is still "unsharp".

What to do?

Best regards
Michael

Michael Christensen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am unable to get my tv-out signal correctly displayed on my TV (have
> tried with both my TVs).
>
> I have the latest nvidia drivers installed and dx9b on Windows XP Home
> Pro.
>
> I have tried using a svhs-svhs cable with or without svhs to composit
> adapter, with or without direct svhs input on the TV or through svhs
> scart adapter. I have tried by using nView in clone mode, and by using
> the newest TVTool. I have tried with 3 different svhs cables (of
> varying lenght) to rule out cable defects. Neither combination works
> (they all fall out to the same result):
>
> I get a picture on the TV, but the colors and the sharpness are wrong.
> It is as if there is a "shadow or displacement effect" in the picture.
>
> I have set the output options to:
>
> TV / Analog
> PAL-G
> 800x600 16 bit and 640x480 8 bit
>
> Switching to NTSC causes the TV picture to turn black and white, but
> it is still "unsharp".
>
> What to do?
>
> Best regards
> Michael

FX5200's are the worst vid cards ever made, take it out of your system and
bash it with a hammer. You would save yourself time and frustration by
doing so. NVidia should rot in hell for ever releasing such a POS on the
public.