DOOM3 on 4200Ti?

Just wondering if anyone has any benchmarks/timedemo results with DOOM3 on a
GeForce 4 4200Ti 8AGP? Just wondering how it may run on my card, obviously a
different system, but just to give an indication.

Thanks guys

Matt

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"GLYTCH (A.K.A. PYRO-Maniak)" wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone has any benchmarks/timedemo results with DOOM3 on a
> GeForce 4 4200Ti 8AGP? Just wondering how it may run on my card, obviously a
> different system, but just to give an indication.
>
> Thanks guys
>
> Matt

SECOND RUN:

640x480 Low Quality 25.0 FPS
640x480 Medium Quality 24.2 FPS
640x480 High Quality 20.1 FPS

800x600 Low Quality 24.9 FPS
800x600 Medium Quality 24.0 FPS
800x600 High Quality 19.8 FPS

1024x768 Low Quality 20.5 FPS
1024x768 Medium Quality 15.1 FPS
1024x768 High Quality 9.7 FPS

PNY GF4 4200 64mb 300Mhz GPU / 600Mhz Memory
Overclocked Tualatin Celeron 1.33Ghz 133Mhz FSB
512Mb Crucial PC133 CAS2
Audigy 1
61.77 Drivers

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

"GLYTCH (A.K.A. PYRO-Maniak)" <GLYTCH_2k4@msn.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering if anyone has any benchmarks/timedemo results with DOOM3 on
> GeForce 4 4200Ti 8AGP? Just wondering how it may run on my card, obviously
> different system, but just to give an indication.
>
> Thanks guys
>
> Matt

1280x1024, Medium - 16.1fps
1024x768, Medium - 24.9fps

(Both on the second run of the demo)

Athlon XP 3000+
512MB PC2700
A7N8X-X
Gainward GF4 Ti4800SE (280/570, Expertool "Enhanced")
Latest NVIDIA driver (61.76)

The Ti4800SE is just the Ti4400 with AGP 8x

Although the frames may seem low, its certainly playable at 1024, at 1280 it
lags a bit in certain places, but its mainly playable even that high.

")-()-(" <email@address.com> wrote in message

> "GLYTCH (A.K.A. PYRO-Maniak)" wrote:
>
> > Just wondering if anyone has any benchmarks/timedemo results with DOOM3
on a
> > GeForce 4 4200Ti 8AGP? Just wondering how it may run on my card,
obviously a
> > different system, but just to give an indication.
> >
> > Thanks guys
> >
> > Matt
>
> SECOND RUN:
>
> 640x480 Low Quality 25.0 FPS
> 640x480 Medium Quality 24.2 FPS
> 640x480 High Quality 20.1 FPS
>
> 800x600 Low Quality 24.9 FPS
> 800x600 Medium Quality 24.0 FPS
> 800x600 High Quality 19.8 FPS
>
> 1024x768 Low Quality 20.5 FPS
> 1024x768 Medium Quality 15.1 FPS
> 1024x768 High Quality 9.7 FPS
>
> PNY GF4 4200 64mb 300Mhz GPU / 600Mhz Memory
> Overclocked Tualatin Celeron 1.33Ghz 133Mhz FSB
> 512Mb Crucial PC133 CAS2
> Audigy 1
> 61.77 Drivers

I found the older drivers 45x series were better for my Ti4200 compared the
the 53x series - I dunno if they fixed that in the 61x series but maybe
worth a try to go back to 45x and see if you get higher scores. Although the
difference I noted was particular apparent in 3D Mark 2001 which is a dx8
benchmark and with doom3 being dx9 it might not make much difference.

"Nick Le Lievre" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message

> I found the older drivers 45x series were better for my Ti4200 compared
the
> the 53x series - I dunno if they fixed that in the 61x series but maybe
> worth a try to go back to 45x and see if you get higher scores. Although
the
> difference I noted was particular apparent in 3D Mark 2001 which is a dx8
> benchmark and with doom3 being dx9 it might not make much difference.

Doom 3 uses OpenGL for rendering.