Is this card good for the newest games???

Gigabyte GeForce FX 5900 XT 128MB DDR AGP DVI VO FX5900

The price I have is 135 pounds is it a good price or can I get cheaper
elsewhere?

Cheers
Carlos
16 answers Last reply
More about card good newest games

    See my below post on 5900xt and doom3.

    In dollars you can get the card for $185.00. Don't know how many pounds
    that translates to.

    "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
    > Gigabyte GeForce FX 5900 XT 128MB DDR AGP DVI VO FX5900
    >
    > The price I have is 135 pounds is it a good price or can I get cheaper
    > elsewhere?
    >

    > Cheers
    > Carlos

    "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
    > Gigabyte GeForce FX 5900 XT 128MB DDR AGP DVI VO FX5900
    >
    > The price I have is 135 pounds is it a good price or can I get cheaper
    > elsewhere?

    Try to get the FX5900 the XT version is crippled eg 25fps vs 38fps with the
    FX5900 @ 475/900 - thats 1024 * 768 HQ in Doom3 for example.

    "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
    > Gigabyte GeForce FX 5900 XT 128MB DDR AGP DVI VO FX5900
    >
    > The price I have is 135 pounds is it a good price or can I get cheaper
    > elsewhere?
    >

    > Cheers
    > Carlos

    Is this one better then?

    Asus V9950GE GeForce FX 5900 128MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-033-AS)