Is this card good for the newest games???

Gigabyte GeForce FX 5900 XT 128MB DDR AGP DVI VO FX5900

The price I have is 135 pounds is it a good price or can I get cheaper
elsewhere?

Cheers
Carlos

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

See my below post on 5900xt and doom3.

In dollars you can get the card for $185.00. Don't know how many pounds
that translates to.

"Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
> Gigabyte GeForce FX 5900 XT 128MB DDR AGP DVI VO FX5900
>
> The price I have is 135 pounds is it a good price or can I get cheaper
> elsewhere?
>

> Cheers
> Carlos

"Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
> Gigabyte GeForce FX 5900 XT 128MB DDR AGP DVI VO FX5900
>
> The price I have is 135 pounds is it a good price or can I get cheaper
> elsewhere?

Try to get the FX5900 the XT version is crippled eg 25fps vs 38fps with the
FX5900 @ 475/900 - thats 1024 * 768 HQ in Doom3 for example.

"Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
> Gigabyte GeForce FX 5900 XT 128MB DDR AGP DVI VO FX5900
>
> The price I have is 135 pounds is it a good price or can I get cheaper
> elsewhere?
>

> Cheers
> Carlos

Is this one better then?

Asus V9950GE GeForce FX 5900 128MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-033-AS)