6800 GT timedemo: P4 2.4C (DOOM III)

noticed quite a few people with similar hardware, so i'm posting what i've got as a
reference for everyone.

Intel 2.4C (HT)
512MB DDR400
Abit i865 mobo (IS7)
Leadtek 6800 GT (256MB)
nothing in the entire system is overclocked.

running:
DOOM III, timedemo 1
HIGH Quality: 1024x768
Everything in the advanced menu is 'yes'
AAx2

Result:
after multiple passes: 47.1fps

Les Troyens <program@files.com> wrote in message news:<2ha6h09kntjdf5152boiurqvj0nsr46cco@4ax.com>...
> noticed quite a few people with similar hardware, so i'm posting what i've got as a
> reference for everyone.
>
> Intel 2.4C (HT)
> 512MB DDR400
> Abit i865 mobo (IS7)
> Leadtek 6800 GT (256MB)
> nothing in the entire system is overclocked.
>
> running:
> DOOM III, timedemo 1
> HIGH Quality: 1024x768
> Everything in the advanced menu is 'yes'
> AAx2
>
> Result:
> after multiple passes: 47.1fps

Running a stock 2.6C,1GB Ram, i875, 6800GT:

1600x1200 no AA, high settings - 50.4fps
1600x1200 2xQ AA, high settings - 42.7fps.

Eric

I see you set everything in the Advanced menu to "Yes". Did you set
Vertical Sync to "Yes" as well? I realize that "everything" would suggest
you did but some people assume benchmarks should be run with v-sync off. I
just want to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples.

Thanks

"Les Troyens" <program@files.com> wrote in message
> noticed quite a few people with similar hardware, so i'm posting what i've
got as a
> reference for everyone.
>
> Intel 2.4C (HT)
> 512MB DDR400
> Abit i865 mobo (IS7)
> Leadtek 6800 GT (256MB)
> nothing in the entire system is overclocked.
>
> running:
> DOOM III, timedemo 1
> HIGH Quality: 1024x768
> Everything in the advanced menu is 'yes'
> AAx2
>
> Result:
> after multiple passes: 47.1fps

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What did you pay for the 6800 GT? Just curious?

"Les Troyens" <program@files.com> wrote in message
> noticed quite a few people with similar hardware, so i'm posting what i've
got as a
> reference for everyone.
>
> Intel 2.4C (HT)
> 512MB DDR400
> Abit i865 mobo (IS7)
> Leadtek 6800 GT (256MB)
> nothing in the entire system is overclocked.
>
> running:
> DOOM III, timedemo 1
> HIGH Quality: 1024x768
> Everything in the advanced menu is 'yes'
> AAx2
>
> Result:
> after multiple passes: 47.1fps

I'm really curious about yours, Eric. Did you run it with v-sync on or off?
I've got a P4 2.6A on i850 system. I'm really curious to see how much the
faster FSB and lower latency of the i865 compares.

Thanks

"Eric Witte" <ewitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Les Troyens <program@files.com> wrote in message
> > noticed quite a few people with similar hardware, so i'm posting what
i've got as a
> > reference for everyone.
> >
> > Intel 2.4C (HT)
> > 512MB DDR400
> > Abit i865 mobo (IS7)
> > Leadtek 6800 GT (256MB)
> > nothing in the entire system is overclocked.
> >
> > running:
> > DOOM III, timedemo 1
> > HIGH Quality: 1024x768
> > Everything in the advanced menu is 'yes'
> > AAx2
> >
> > Result:
> > after multiple passes: 47.1fps
>
> Running a stock 2.6C,1GB Ram, i875, 6800GT:
>
> 1600x1200 no AA, high settings - 50.4fps
> 1600x1200 2xQ AA, high settings - 42.7fps.
>
> Eric

Intel 2.6A
512MB RDRAM (PC800)
Asus P4T-E (i850 chipset)
PNY Verto 6800 GT (256MB)
nothing overclocked

running:
DOOM III, timedemo 1
HIGH Quality: 1024x768
Everything except v-sync in the advanced menu is 'yes'
AAx2

Result:
after multiple passes: 51.8 fps

** Looks like HT, a much faster FSB, and lower memory latencies of the
i865/DDR combo outperform my trusty P4T-E; even with your 2.4GHz vs my
2.6GHz.

Thanks for the info!

$535 canadian (not including taxes)

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:34:40 -0400, "Eric" <Eric@nospam.com> wrote:

>What did you pay for the 6800 GT? Just curious?
>
>"Les Troyens" <program@files.com> wrote in message
>> noticed quite a few people with similar hardware, so i'm posting what i've
>got as a
>> reference for everyone.
>>
>> Intel 2.4C (HT)
>> 512MB DDR400
>> Abit i865 mobo (IS7)
>> Leadtek 6800 GT (256MB)
>> nothing in the entire system is overclocked.
>>
>> running:
>> DOOM III, timedemo 1
>> HIGH Quality: 1024x768
>> Everything in the advanced menu is 'yes'
>> AAx2
>>
>> Result:
>> after multiple passes: 47.1fps

Yes, V-sync was on, i realized later on that i should have turned that off, since most
people have that off during testing. so here's my result (after a few passes):

v-sync on: 47.1
v-sync off: 56.1

thanks for catching that

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:23:08 -0700, "Craig Wimpenny" <cwimpennnospam@4mecox.net> wrote:

>I see you set everything in the Advanced menu to "Yes". Did you set
>Vertical Sync to "Yes" as well? I realize that "everything" would suggest
>you did but some people assume benchmarks should be run with v-sync off. I
>just want to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples.
>
>Thanks
>
>"Les Troyens" <program@files.com> wrote in message
>> noticed quite a few people with similar hardware, so i'm posting what i've
>got as a
>> reference for everyone.
>>
>> Intel 2.4C (HT)
>> 512MB DDR400
>> Abit i865 mobo (IS7)
>> Leadtek 6800 GT (256MB)
>> nothing in the entire system is overclocked.
>>
>> running:
>> DOOM III, timedemo 1
>> HIGH Quality: 1024x768
>> Everything in the advanced menu is 'yes'
>> AAx2
>>
>> Result:
>> after multiple passes: 47.1fps

jk

Time to upgrade to an Athlon 64.
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2149&p=7

Les Troyens wrote:

> noticed quite a few people with similar hardware, so i'm posting what i've got as a
> reference for everyone.
>
> Intel 2.4C (HT)
> 512MB DDR400
> Abit i865 mobo (IS7)
> Leadtek 6800 GT (256MB)
> nothing in the entire system is overclocked.
>
> running:
> DOOM III, timedemo 1
> HIGH Quality: 1024x768
> Everything in the advanced menu is 'yes'
> AAx2
>
> Result:
> after multiple passes: 47.1fps

WHOA! Forget Anandtech, show us YOUR Athlon 64 numbers!
McG.

"Craig Wimpenny" <cwimpennnospam@4mecox.net> wrote in message news:<0kPQc.24114$Oi.10813@fed1read04>...
> I'm really curious about yours, Eric. Did you run it with v-sync on or off?
> I've got a P4 2.6A on i850 system. I'm really curious to see how much the
> faster FSB and lower latency of the i865 compares.
>
> Thanks

Vsync is turned off during the timedemo unless your forcing it through
the Video cards control panel. I switched to the games 2xAA and got
44.6fps at 1600x1200. I'm having issues (I believe PSU related)
though with the CPU slowing down the higher the GPU is clocked. For
instance my CPU score in aquamark is 10% higher when I downclock the
6800GT to 300/900.

Eric