Geforce card and NForce2

Is there something about an Nvidia card and this chipset? I can't get
Windows to come on except in Safe Mode. I know the board has its own GART
file, like Via; is there possibly a trick to loading it I don't know
about...
1 answer Last reply
More about geforce card nforce2

    "Valjean" <valjean@nospamstarpower.net> wrote in message
    > Is there something about an Nvidia card and this chipset? I can't get
    > Windows to come on except in Safe Mode. I know the board has its own GART
    > file, like Via; is there possibly a trick to loading it I don't know
    > about...

    I haven't had any issues with my ASUS NF2 & GF4, my friend with a DFI NF2
    and FX5600, and another with an ABIT NF2 and GF3 have had no issues at
    all....

    Is this a clean install?

    I've had 100% success with:

    * Install WinXP (I should imagine this is the same with other versions)
    * Install DX9 (NForce driver package needs this for some reason)
    * Reboot
    * Run NF2 Setup for Drivers & Audio etc.
    * Reboot
    * Run Graphics Card driver setup
    * Reboot

    If you've just changed mobo from say VIA to NF2 then windows won't work
    unless you repair it or (preferably) clean install.

Nvidia Geforce Graphics