Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Favourite cut-scene quote

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 4:41:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

I'm just wondering: what's everyone's favourite quote from SA?

Mine is --

Toreno: Wake up and smell the coffee.
Carl: You should stop drinking the coffee.

And the OG Loc/Freddie conversation about Loc being Freddie's bitch.
Ha.

S:) 
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 5:59:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

crankylemming@aol.com wrote:
> I'm just wondering: what's everyone's favourite quote from SA?
>
> Mine is --
>
> Toreno: Wake up and smell the coffee.
> Carl: You should stop drinking the coffee.
>
> And the OG Loc/Freddie conversation about Loc being Freddie's bitch.
> Ha.
>
> S:) 

OG Loc's intro..
Big Smoke: weren't you going to go to....COLLEEEGE?!? ha ha

CJ goes to see OG Loc at Burger World or whatever its called...
CJ: I'm here to see Loc.
Manager: Loc?
CJ: Yes, is he available for comm-uni-cat-ion
Manager: Oh you mean Jefferey. Someone got sick so he's been promoted.
CJ: Well?
Manager: He's in the back cleaning the fryer.

The last Catalina scene...Farewell, my love
Catalina: When I say its over, I mean that i loooove you (smashes
headlights of CJ's car)
Catalina: When I say that I'm not interested, I mean that I looove you
(bangs the hood of CJ's car)
Catalina: This is my new man (apparently a character you see when you
play GTA:III), aren't you jealous? aren't you going to fight for me?
CJ: No, I can take rejection.

SA is my first GTA game, so I might get GTA:III later so I can see
Catalina again.

I also like any cutscene with Tenpenny in it just to hear Samuel L.
Jackson. I also found it neat that they got the guy that played Cesar
in the movie "187" to provide his voice for the character of the same
name in this game, and that him and Jackson effectively play opposite
roles from what they played in the 1997 movie. Would have been neat to
add a few more little nods like this, perhaps something with Los Santos
and Pulp Fiction, have a Vincent Vega (John Travolta) type character or
something. For San Fierro, perhaps a link with Basic Instinct
somewhere, (it came out in 1992, like the setting of SA), with
detective Nick Curran (Michael Dougals) getting invovled in CJ's
missions. R* did well with what I call the "T2" appreciation mission
"Just Business" canal chase.

Also, in the scene after "The Green Sabre" where Tenpenny and co. dump
CJ at Angel Pine, did anyone think Hernandez = Cesar, i only got to see
the scene once, but i did wonder at the time

In mission quote on the first Zero mission if you successfully shoot
down the first four or so toy planes "Great kid, don't get cocky", nod
to Star Wars

Great thing about SA is that its a movie embedded within a game.
July 17, 2005 2:46:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

In article <1121590768.257070.221900@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
adrian.swiatkowski@gmail.com says...
> Would have been neat to
> add a few more little nods like this, perhaps something with Los Santos
> and Pulp Fiction, have a Vincent Vega (John Travolta) type character or
> something.

There is a tiny nod to Pulp Fiction. Talking to Truth on the cell phone
one time he hells out "Prank caller! Prank Caller!" Kind of like Lance
in Pulp Fiction:

Lance: Are you calling me on the cellular phone? I don't know you. Who
is this? Don't come here, I'm hanging up the phone! Prank caller, prank
caller!

> For San Fierro, perhaps a link with Basic Instinct somewhere

According to: http://faqs.ign.com/articles/584/584765p1.html

"Basic Instinct reference:
One of the pedestrian Models is based upon Sharon Stone's character in
the film Basic Instinct. She is dressed in a white dress with a short
hemline and has blonde hair."
Related resources
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 8:25:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

In message <1121590768.257070.221900@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
adrian.swiatkowski@gmail.com wrote:

> SA is my first GTA game, so I might get GTA:III later so I can see
> Catalina again.

Claude (As we now know he's called) is the main character in GTAIII,
Catalina only crops up in a few cutscenes.


Cheers,
Rob
--
..__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
| / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
| \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 8:35:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

> "Basic Instinct reference:
> One of the pedestrian Models is based upon Sharon Stone's character in
> the film Basic Instinct. She is dressed in a white dress with a short
> hemline and has blonde hair."

It's not 'til you shoot her and look up her dress that you realise she's not
really modelled on Sharon Stone's "Basic Instinct" character.

(I need to get out more.)
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 4:00:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

"§ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message
news:34f5e11vrhjf69doikr1adjee3u020s5dr@4ax.com...
> On 17 Jul 2005 01:59:28 -0700, adrian.swiatkowski@gmail.com wrote:

did anyone think Hernandez = Cesar, i only got to see
>>the scene once, but i did wonder at the time
>>

Hernandex doesn't look all that much like Cesar, you can see him more
clearly in "The Introduction" short that comes with the soundtrack CD.
!