How do you play games with openGL?

The games I play which utilise openGL no longer work. I formatted my hard
drive a few weeks ago so that's probably why. What do I need to download or
do? I've tried loads of drivers for my graphics card eg the latest nvidia
one and the latest MSI one (the manufacturer of my graphics card). But all
to no avail.

I have a MSI ti4200 graphics card. and am on Windows XP pro

Any advice appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about play games opengl

    I am using the latest NVidia 61.77 drivers with my Leadtek Ti4200 and XP pro
    and they work just fine.
    "Interesting Ian" <interesting.ianDELETEME@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > The games I play which utilise openGL no longer work. I formatted my hard
    > drive a few weeks ago so that's probably why. What do I need to download
    or
    > do? I've tried loads of drivers for my graphics card eg the latest nvidia
    > one and the latest MSI one (the manufacturer of my graphics card). But all
    > to no avail.
    >
    > I have a MSI ti4200 graphics card. and am on Windows XP pro
    >
    > Any advice appreciated.

    With that older card you should be using a driver such as the 45.23. The
    latest drivers are generally unstable with that older card.

    --
    DaveW

    "Interesting Ian" <interesting.ianDELETEME@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > The games I play which utilise openGL no longer work. I formatted my hard
    > drive a few weeks ago so that's probably why. What do I need to download
    or
    > do? I've tried loads of drivers for my graphics card eg the latest nvidia
    > one and the latest MSI one (the manufacturer of my graphics card). But all
    > to no avail.
    >
    > I have a MSI ti4200 graphics card. and am on Windows XP pro
    >
    > Any advice appreciated.

    On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 17:45:56 GMT, "Interesting Ian"
    <interesting.ianDELETEME@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >The games I play which utilise openGL no longer work. I formatted my hard
    >drive a few weeks ago so that's probably why. What do I need to download or
    >do? I've tried loads of drivers for my graphics card eg the latest nvidia
    >one and the latest MSI one (the manufacturer of my graphics card). But all
    >to no avail.
    >
    >I have a MSI ti4200 graphics card. and am on Windows XP pro
    >
    >Any advice appreciated.

    Did you do these steps when reinstalling your OS.

    1. Complete HDD format.
    2. Fresh reinstall of OS.
    3. Update all OS componants using Windows update site
    4. Install latest mainboard chipset driver
    5. Install latest drivers for video, sound, and other devices

    This procedure works for me.

    > With that older card you should be using a driver such as the 45.23. The
    > latest drivers are generally unstable with that older card.

    Nah, none of the drivers work. I've tried loads. I've done everything I can
    think of to remedy the problem. I'm going to have to give up on it. No
    Doom 3 for me :-(

Nvidia Graphics Cards Games OpenGL Graphics