Sony Liquid Cooled system, video card upgrade?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2004 2:17:36 PM

I picked up a new Sony Vaio VGC-RA710G(UC) liquid cooled system. The video
card is a low end NVIDIA GeForce FX5200, which is a little weak for games.
I want to upgrade, but I'm concerned about heat build-up in the case, as
there are no fans. What would you recommend?

Thanks,
Bill Crocker
August 8, 2004 4:53:48 PM

Is there space for a fan? Many systems that don't have a case fan fave
a space and mounting holes so that one can be added. You should check
the power supply and see if it is poweful enough. Many brand name PCs
use weak power supplies that don't leave much room for system upgrades.
Next time you buy a PC skip the big brand name on the box, and go for one
with an Athlon 64 processor, and brand name parts.

!