Recommendations for firewall appliance without NAT?

We're currently using the Symantec VPN 100 but it's failing on us. Are
there any other such devices that allow you to disable NAT and use real
IPs in the LAN? We have a /29 fronting a /27.

Netgear's FVS328, as one example, supports NAT-off mode but then
requires that you designate one and only one IP per service (ftp, http,
pop3, etc).

nathanso <webmaster@ncdsa.com> wrote:
> Are
> there any other such devices that allow you to disable NAT and use real
> IPs in the LAN?

Nearly any device you can buy, which does routing and/or filtering, is
capable of that.

VB.
deutschen Schlafzimmern passiert".
Harald Schmidt zum "Weltjugendtag"

In article <1125474536.902435.319370@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
webmaster@ncdsa.com says...
> We're currently using the Symantec VPN 100 but it's failing on us. Are
> there any other such devices that allow you to disable NAT and use real
> IPs in the LAN? We have a /29 fronting a /27.

Sure, it's called Drop-In-Mode on the WatchGuard Firebox line.

Not sure about the VPN 100 unit, as we don't do Symantec Firewalls, but
take a look at the X700 and higher line of the www.watchguard.com lines.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me