Best Drivers For GF MX 400?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b \ Driver
August 11, 2004 5:58:58 PM

Hi!

As subject; which version do you think works better for this old card?
Because I read in some places that I always should keep them updated
to the latest; meanwhile some other people say that there is a
specific version for a card that works the best; because the newer are
unstable with older cards.

Thanks in advance.

More about : drivers 400

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 12, 2004 3:08:03 AM

"Dan_Aykroyd" <mag180@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D bbd5f8d.0408111258.382c99e5@posting.google.com...
> Hi!
>
> As subject; which version do you think works better for this old card?
> Because I read in some places that I always should keep them updated
> to the latest; meanwhile some other people say that there is a
> specific version for a card that works the best; because the newer are
> unstable with older cards.
>
> Thanks in advance.

On one of my old systems which is running Win2K with the GF2MX400 I use
either 30.82 or 40.72. No newer driver has made one bit of difference in
the cards performance. And certain features even work better with these
older drivers. Since its not a DX8, let alone a DX9 card, the newer drivers
cant help it any, and you couldnt play any more recent games that use DX8 or
9 features with this card anyway...
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 12, 2004 7:19:11 AM

Which features do you consider that work better with these older drivers?
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 12, 2004 1:31:21 PM

> > Hi!
> >
> > As subject; which version do you think works better for this old card?
> > Because I read in some places that I always should keep them updated
> > to the latest; meanwhile some other people say that there is a
> > specific version for a card that works the best; because the newer are
> > unstable with older cards.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> On one of my old systems which is running Win2K with the GF2MX400 I use
> either 30.82 or 40.72. No newer driver has made one bit of difference in
> the cards performance. And certain features even work better with these
> older drivers. Since its not a DX8, let alone a DX9 card, the newer
drivers
> cant help it any, and you couldnt play any more recent games that use DX8
or
> 9 features with this card anyway...

Some of the newer games actually DO require the newer DX9 drivers in order
for the older DX8 cards to work properly. I also find that the newer
drivers tend to fix issues even with older DX8 games. I also know that some
of the TV output capabilities of my Ti4600 cards never worked properly until
the 56.xx drivers. There are definite advantages to using the latest
drivers even with non-DX9 cards.

Larry
!