Best Drivers For GF MX 400?

Hi!

As subject; which version do you think works better for this old card?
Because I read in some places that I always should keep them updated
to the latest; meanwhile some other people say that there is a
specific version for a card that works the best; because the newer are
unstable with older cards.

Thanks in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about best drivers

    "Dan_Aykroyd" <mag180@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > As subject; which version do you think works better for this old card?
    > Because I read in some places that I always should keep them updated
    > to the latest; meanwhile some other people say that there is a
    > specific version for a card that works the best; because the newer are
    > unstable with older cards.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    On one of my old systems which is running Win2K with the GF2MX400 I use
    either 30.82 or 40.72. No newer driver has made one bit of difference in
    the cards performance. And certain features even work better with these
    older drivers. Since its not a DX8, let alone a DX9 card, the newer drivers
    cant help it any, and you couldnt play any more recent games that use DX8 or
    9 features with this card anyway...

    Which features do you consider that work better with these older drivers?

    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > As subject; which version do you think works better for this old card?
    > > Because I read in some places that I always should keep them updated
    > > to the latest; meanwhile some other people say that there is a
    > > specific version for a card that works the best; because the newer are
    > > unstable with older cards.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > On one of my old systems which is running Win2K with the GF2MX400 I use
    > either 30.82 or 40.72. No newer driver has made one bit of difference in
    > the cards performance. And certain features even work better with these
    > older drivers. Since its not a DX8, let alone a DX9 card, the newer
    drivers
    > cant help it any, and you couldnt play any more recent games that use DX8
    or
    > 9 features with this card anyway...

    Some of the newer games actually DO require the newer DX9 drivers in order
    for the older DX8 cards to work properly. I also find that the newer
    drivers tend to fix issues even with older DX8 games. I also know that some
    of the TV output capabilities of my Ti4600 cards never worked properly until
    the 56.xx drivers. There are definite advantages to using the latest
    drivers even with non-DX9 cards.

    Larry

Nvidia Drivers Graphics