Able to Upgrade a PCI Car?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 12, 2004 8:58:07 PM

I have a GeForce4 MX 440 PCI 64MB card installed in my IBM Netvista S42.
No complaints whatever. It runs all the games I like to play with graphics
and framerates that are adequate for the few times I do some gaming.

But, I am curious as to whether there is any room for upgrading to a better
video card.
Anyone have any suggestions? Keep in mind it's for a PCI slot.

Thanks.

More about : upgrade pci car

Anonymous
August 13, 2004 1:00:00 AM

"darkrats" <darkrats@hotmail.com> wrote in message

" I am curious as to whether there is any room for upgrading to a better
video card. "

If you look at http://snipurl.com/8egq , you will see that the best nVidia
PCI cards for gaming are the 128MB and 256MB FX5200. If your motherboard
does not have an AGP port, then your system probably isn't packing much
punch. A 256MB card may well be overkill, as no game that your system could
handle would ever use it. My advice would be to save $20 to $30 and get the
128MB version.
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 1:28:51 AM

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, darkrats ordered an army of
hamsters to type:

> I have a GeForce4 MX 440 PCI 64MB card installed in my IBM Netvista
> S42. No complaints whatever. It runs all the games I like to play with
> graphics and framerates that are adequate for the few times I do some
> gaming.
>
> But, I am curious as to whether there is any room for upgrading to a
> better video card.
> Anyone have any suggestions? Keep in mind it's for a PCI slot.
>
> Thanks.

http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/components/graphicscard...
icklinx=376K

5700LE PCI. it says just pci so im sure its not pci-e.
August 13, 2004 9:19:35 AM

Thanks to both of you.
I'll check out the information.

"Kokoro" <kokoro@kokorolibrary.something.net> wrote in message
> In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, darkrats ordered an army of
> hamsters to type:
>
>> I have a GeForce4 MX 440 PCI 64MB card installed in my IBM Netvista
>> S42. No complaints whatever. It runs all the games I like to play with
>> graphics and framerates that are adequate for the few times I do some
>> gaming.
>>
>> But, I am curious as to whether there is any room for upgrading to a
>> better video card.
>> Anyone have any suggestions? Keep in mind it's for a PCI slot.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/components/graphicscard...
> icklinx=376K
>
> 5700LE PCI. it says just pci so im sure its not pci-e.
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 9:19:36 AM

> > http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/components/graphicscard...
> >
> > 5700LE PCI. it says just pci so im sure its not pci-e.

It is PCI, not PCI-Express. I've got one. It's a significant
improvement over the FX5200, which I had before.

Simon Kempster
!