No 6800 with PCI-Express???

I looked, but I can not find geForce 6800 GTs with PCI-Express. Is no one
making a PCI-Express version of the card?

Thank you,
Luke

AFAIK, the PCI-express based cards are supposedly the N45, with NV40 being
the 6800 and NV43 being the 6600. Supposedly NVIDIA isn't pushing to get
the NV45 on the market, which I can understand since the majority of
consumers out there have AGP ports.
"Luke Piasecki" <lpiasecki@rogers.com> wrote in message
> I looked, but I can not find geForce 6800 GTs with PCI-Express. Is no one
> making a PCI-Express version of the card?
>
> Thank you,
> Luke

kind of stupid though. I'm about to do an upgrade that requires new
motherboard etc. but the motherboard has PCI-Express. I might go with ATI
since there are no PCI-Express geForce 6800 cards...

Luke Piasecki wrote:

> kind of stupid though. I'm about to do an upgrade that requires new
> motherboard etc. but the motherboard has PCI-Express. I might go with ATI
> since there are no PCI-Express geForce 6800 cards...

I suspect that nvidia sees no urgency on this because there are no
PCI-Express 64-bit motherboards out yet and little point to using it with
anything as slow as a P4.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

> I suspect that nvidia sees no urgency on this because there are no
> PCI-Express 64-bit motherboards out yet and little point to using it with
> anything as slow as a P4.

Hmm... I thought the new dual Xeon motherboards that accept 64-bit Naconas
mostly come with PCI-Express ?

Luke Piasecki wrote:

>> I suspect that nvidia sees no urgency on this because there are no
>> PCI-Express 64-bit motherboards out yet and little point to using it with
>> anything as slow as a P4.
>

> Hmm... I thought the new dual Xeon motherboards that accept 64-bit Naconas
> mostly come with PCI-Express ?

And how many of those are being sold to gamers?