best card for 70UKP?

I am looking for the best gameing card available for around £70 UKP, I
currently have a Radeon 8500LE running at 250/250

What I am looking for (and it may well be mission impossible) is a
card (either ATI or Nvidia) that will play Doom 3 at medium quality at
1024x768.

I have my eye on a ATI 9600 with 256meg but I haven't kept up with GFX
card technology since I bought my Radeon DDR VIVO some years ago which
was fine until Far Cry come out so I really have no idea how much
better this will be than my 8500LE

I know I want DX9 for all the Doom 3 bells and whistles but I don't
really know what to look for - Is memory speed more important than
processor speed?

I have a K7N2 Delta mobo, 1 gig DDR333 ram & a Athlon 2500+ so the
rest of the hardware is fine and the mobo supports AGP8x so I would
like to get a card that supports that.

-
e-mail to aoxr19[AT]dsl[DOT]pipex[DOT]com

*All e-mail to "reply to" adrress will*
*automatically be deleted*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Luke Curtis <mfll78@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in

> I am looking for the best gameing card available for around œ70 UKP, I
> currently have a Radeon 8500LE running at 250/250
>
> What I am looking for (and it may well be mission impossible) is a
> card (either ATI or Nvidia) that will play Doom 3 at medium quality at
> 1024x768.

PC World are EOLing the following two cards for 70UKP:

Abit Siluro FX 5900 OTES
PNY 5700 Ultra with DDR2

Both are discontinued, worth a fair bit more, and you may have to do a
little leg / phone work before hand. More details in threads on
uk.comp.homebuilt .

--
Lordy