Drivers newer than 53.03??

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Can anyone tell me why when i upgrade to a driver higher than 53.03, in this
case just downloaded and installed 61.77 and run 3DMark 2001 the score is
always lower using the newer driver.
The difference between 53 and 61 is that 61 scores 700 points
lower.(12,600/11,900)

Does the lower score indicate that i should revert back to 53.03 (again) or
do i gain elsewhere with having the newer driver other than benchmark
scores.

Geforce 5700 Ultra on a Asus A7N8x deluxe M/B
Windows XP, 1.25Gb Ram. DirectX 9c

TIA
Jon

Charlie

Apart from the numbers of the benchmark tests...how do the drivers compare
in your games and intense 2d apps? To me that is the bottom line..your real
world day-to-day experience.

--
Charlie

- " Keepin' the Blues Alive "
4 9 2 A c o u s t i c B l u e s
www.492acousticblues.com
www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=200514

Jon wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why when i upgrade to a driver higher than 53.03, in this
> case just downloaded and installed 61.77 and run 3DMark 2001 the score is
> always lower using the newer driver.
> The difference between 53 and 61 is that 61 scores 700 points
> lower.(12,600/11,900)
>
> Does the lower score indicate that i should revert back to 53.03 (again) or
> do i gain elsewhere with having the newer driver other than benchmark
> scores.
>
> Geforce 5700 Ultra on a Asus A7N8x deluxe M/B
> Windows XP, 1.25Gb Ram. DirectX 9c
>
> TIA
> Jon

Those kind of changes are common and almost mean nothing anymore.
What's really important is how D3 plays, or a bug fixed in Far Cry, or
preliminary OpenGL 2.0 GLSL support.