What is GeForce FX5700LE?

What is GeForce FX5700LE? Is it an inferior version of the FX5700? How
much difference is there in performance between the FX5700 Ultra,
FX5700 and the FX5700LE?

Thanks

Andy

Usually "SE" cards are limited, or inferior, as you put it. The "LE", is a
limited edition. Possibly due to 256MB of RAM, or overclocked from the
original specs.

Bill Crocker

"Andy Smith" <andysmith45@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What is GeForce FX5700LE? Is it an inferior version of the FX5700? How
> much difference is there in performance between the FX5700 Ultra,
> FX5700 and the FX5700LE?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andy

It's an underclocked version of the 5700. Overall it's roughly a third
slower than the 5700. But it's very overclockable. People have reportedly
successfully o/ced it to near 5700Ultra levels. So until the 6600s arrive, in a
month or two, it's one of the better values around, especially since it does
come in 256meg varieties, at under $125.

RayO

"Andy Smith" <andysmith45@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What is GeForce FX5700LE? Is it an inferior version of the FX5700? How
> much difference is there in performance between the FX5700 Ultra,
> FX5700 and the FX5700LE?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andy

Humm...the BFG I purchased from Comp-USA says it's "Overclocked", right out
of the box. The core clock is 275MHz, vs. the standard 250MHz. Not a lot,
but overclocked. RAMDAC is 400MHz. In any event, it does the job, on the
cheap!

Bill Crocker

"RayO" <nothere@nope.net> wrote in message
> It's an underclocked version of the 5700. Overall it's roughly a third
> slower than the 5700. But it's very overclockable. People have reportedly
> successfully o/ced it to near 5700Ultra levels. So until the 6600s arrive,
> in a
> month or two, it's one of the better values around, especially since it
> does
> come in 256meg varieties, at under $125.
>

> RayO
>

> "Andy Smith" <andysmith45@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> What is GeForce FX5700LE? Is it an inferior version of the FX5700? How
>> much difference is there in performance between the FX5700 Ultra,
>> FX5700 and the FX5700LE?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Andy

Yup, 275 would be a bit overclocked. But, I believe it can
much better, to about 480.

RayO

"Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Humm...the BFG I purchased from Comp-USA says it's "Overclocked", right out
> of the box. The core clock is 275MHz, vs. the standard 250MHz. Not a lot,
> but overclocked. RAMDAC is 400MHz. In any event, it does the job, on the
> cheap!
>
> Bill Crocker
>

> "RayO" <nothere@nope.net> wrote in message
> > It's an underclocked version of the 5700. Overall it's roughly a third
> > slower than the 5700. But it's very overclockable. People have reportedly
> > successfully o/ced it to near 5700Ultra levels. So until the 6600s arrive,
> > in a
> > month or two, it's one of the better values around, especially since it
> > does
> > come in 256meg varieties, at under $125.
> >

> > RayO
> >

> > "Andy Smith" <andysmith45@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> What is GeForce FX5700LE? Is it an inferior version of the FX5700? How
> >> much difference is there in performance between the FX5700 Ultra,
> >> FX5700 and the FX5700LE?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Andy

BTW, the standard 5700 runs at 425, so at 275 it's still
running quite a bit slower.

RayO

"Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Humm...the BFG I purchased from Comp-USA says it's "Overclocked", right out
> of the box. The core clock is 275MHz, vs. the standard 250MHz. Not a lot,
> but overclocked. RAMDAC is 400MHz. In any event, it does the job, on the
> cheap!
>
> Bill Crocker
>

> "RayO" <nothere@nope.net> wrote in message
> > It's an underclocked version of the 5700. Overall it's roughly a third
> > slower than the 5700. But it's very overclockable. People have reportedly
> > successfully o/ced it to near 5700Ultra levels. So until the 6600s arrive,
> > in a
> > month or two, it's one of the better values around, especially since it
> > does
> > come in 256meg varieties, at under $125.
> >

> > RayO
> >

> > "Andy Smith" <andysmith45@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> What is GeForce FX5700LE? Is it an inferior version of the FX5700? How
> >> much difference is there in performance between the FX5700 Ultra,
> >> FX5700 and the FX5700LE?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Andy

The LE model has the clock speed slowed down from that of a plain 5700. The
Ultra is the fastest.

--
DaveW

"Andy Smith" <andysmith45@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What is GeForce FX5700LE? Is it an inferior version of the FX5700? How
> much difference is there in performance between the FX5700 Ultra,
> FX5700 and the FX5700LE?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andy

jafar

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 22:51:02 +0000, RayO wrote:

> BTW, the standard 5700 runs at 425, so at 275 it's still
> running quite a bit slower.
>
> RayO

I have my standard 5700 overclocked to 475(ultra speed) from 425 and the
memory overclocked to 600(a bit slower than ultra) from 550.

--
Jafar Calley
Registered Linux User #359623

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Doesnt the "LE" mean Lite Edition rather than Limited Edition??

> Usually "SE" cards are limited, or inferior, as you put it. The "LE", is
> limited edition. Possibly due to 256MB of RAM, or overclocked from the
> original specs.
>
> Bill Crocker
>

> "Andy Smith" <andysmith45@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > What is GeForce FX5700LE? Is it an inferior version of the FX5700? How
> > much difference is there in performance between the FX5700 Ultra,
> > FX5700 and the FX5700LE?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Andy

TRENDING THREADS