New Gateway can not get dvd burner to work correctly

I have had a new Gateway 7200xl computer that I have been trying to
get to burn correctly simce Christmas. It seems that I can get it to
burn onto the DVD-R but I just cannot get it to play on anything. I
am using Verbatim DVD-R disks just aas I used on my old Gateway with
no problem.

You can see that it looks like it burns ontl the disk but every type
of software I have tried has given me a "burn failed" message after it
goes through the burning process and the status window gets to 100
percent complete. (DVD X Copy Express and DVD-Clone)

Any help would be appreciated as these new gateways come with no
documentation for their componets.

Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about gateway burner work correctly

    Try the internet site for the particular manufacturer and/or the software
    provided with your system. You will probably be able to get the
    documentation you desire - I did it for the NEC/Nero combination provided
    with my 710X system.

    "Buford" <mbrown2@rgv.rr.com> wrote in message

    > I have had a new Gateway 7200xl computer that I have been trying to
    > get to burn correctly simce Christmas. It seems that I can get it to
    > burn onto the DVD-R but I just cannot get it to play on anything. I
    > am using Verbatim DVD-R disks just aas I used on my old Gateway with
    > no problem.
    >
    > You can see that it looks like it burns ontl the disk but every type
    > of software I have tried has given me a "burn failed" message after it
    > goes through the burning process and the status window gets to 100
    > percent complete. (DVD X Copy Express and DVD-Clone)
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated as these new gateways come with no
    > documentation for their componets.
    >
    > Mike

    Although, I don't get the burn failed message that you get, I have found
    that none of the disks that I burned with DVD clone work in my player. They
    play on the computer but not a player. Now I use Nero and they all play
    fine.

    Ed
    "Buford" <mbrown2@rgv.rr.com> wrote in message

    > I have had a new Gateway 7200xl computer that I have been trying to
    > get to burn correctly simce Christmas. It seems that I can get it to
    > burn onto the DVD-R but I just cannot get it to play on anything. I
    > am using Verbatim DVD-R disks just aas I used on my old Gateway with
    > no problem.
    >
    > You can see that it looks like it burns ontl the disk but every type
    > of software I have tried has given me a "burn failed" message after it
    > goes through the burning process and the status window gets to 100
    > percent complete. (DVD X Copy Express and DVD-Clone)
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated as these new gateways come with no
    > documentation for their componets.
    >
    > Mike

Gateway Burner Computers