New Gateway can not get dvd burner to work correctly

I have had a new Gateway 7200xl computer that I have been trying to
get to burn correctly simce Christmas. It seems that I can get it to
burn onto the DVD-R but I just cannot get it to play on anything. I
am using Verbatim DVD-R disks just aas I used on my old Gateway with
no problem.

You can see that it looks like it burns ontl the disk but every type
of software I have tried has given me a "burn failed" message after it
goes through the burning process and the status window gets to 100
percent complete. (DVD X Copy Express and DVD-Clone)

Any help would be appreciated as these new gateways come with no
documentation for their componets.

Mike

Try the internet site for the particular manufacturer and/or the software
provided with your system. You will probably be able to get the
documentation you desire - I did it for the NEC/Nero combination provided
with my 710X system.

"Buford" <mbrown2@rgv.rr.com> wrote in message

> I have had a new Gateway 7200xl computer that I have been trying to
> get to burn correctly simce Christmas. It seems that I can get it to
> burn onto the DVD-R but I just cannot get it to play on anything. I
> am using Verbatim DVD-R disks just aas I used on my old Gateway with
> no problem.
>
> You can see that it looks like it burns ontl the disk but every type
> of software I have tried has given me a "burn failed" message after it
> goes through the burning process and the status window gets to 100
> percent complete. (DVD X Copy Express and DVD-Clone)
>
> Any help would be appreciated as these new gateways come with no
> documentation for their componets.
>
> Mike

Ed

Although, I don't get the burn failed message that you get, I have found
that none of the disks that I burned with DVD clone work in my player. They
play on the computer but not a player. Now I use Nero and they all play
fine.

Ed