I just tried updating to the latest nVidia 61.77 drivers a..

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Drivers
  • System Restore
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b \ Driver
August 18, 2004 2:15:11 AM

.....WinXP refused to boot :o O thank goodness for System Restore!!!

now did I miss something here (my g-card: MSI GeforceFX5900XT VTD128) or are
these drivers especially only for the newer nVidia cards?

More about : updating latest nvidia drivers

August 18, 2004 2:15:12 AM

I have 61.77 and a 5900XT. I simply installed them on top of my 61.22 MSI
drivers.

"NeonBlue" <donot@spamme.thankyou.com> wrote in message
> ....WinXP refused to boot :o O thank goodness for System Restore!!!
>
> now did I miss something here (my g-card: MSI GeforceFX5900XT VTD128) or
are
> these drivers especially only for the newer nVidia cards?

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 18, 2004 8:44:56 AM

oh? mine were nVidia 56.72 drivers and I installed these new ones on top of
the old ones and it freaked out big time and I had a black screen awaiting
me next reboot lol I had no idea there was some later MSI ones? anyone
noticed any difference or better features with the new MSI ones out of
interest?

"Eric" <Eric@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I have 61.77 and a 5900XT. I simply installed them on top of my 61.22 MSI
> drivers.
>

> "NeonBlue" <donot@spamme.thankyou.com> wrote in message
>> ....WinXP refused to boot :o O thank goodness for System Restore!!!
>>
>> now did I miss something here (my g-card: MSI GeforceFX5900XT VTD128) or
> are
>> these drivers especially only for the newer nVidia cards?

August 18, 2004 1:03:43 PM

That's only if you have an MSI card. Moreover, my Doom3 performance went
way up with the latest nvidia (61.77) -- over MSI's 61.22 drivers.

> oh? mine were nVidia 56.72 drivers and I installed these new ones on top
of
> the old ones and it freaked out big time and I had a black screen awaiting
> me next reboot lol I had no idea there was some later MSI ones? anyone
> noticed any difference or better features with the new MSI ones out of
> interest?
>
> "Eric" <Eric@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >I have 61.77 and a 5900XT. I simply installed them on top of my 61.22
MSI
> > drivers.
> >

> > "NeonBlue" <donot@spamme.thankyou.com> wrote in message
> >> ....WinXP refused to boot :o O thank goodness for System Restore!!!
> >>
> >> now did I miss something here (my g-card: MSI GeforceFX5900XT VTD128)
or
> > are
> >> these drivers especially only for the newer nVidia cards?

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 18, 2004 9:46:11 PM

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:15:11 +0100, "NeonBlue"
<donot@spamme.thankyou.com> wrote:

>....WinXP refused to boot :o O thank goodness for System Restore!!!
>
>now did I miss something here (my g-card: MSI GeforceFX5900XT VTD128) or are
>these drivers especially only for the newer nVidia cards?

Nope. Runs perfectly OK on FX5900.

Did you install DX9.0c as well? Reinstall 61.77 over DX9.0c and try
again. 61.76 for DX9.0b.

If no success use Driver Cleaner or similar to remove previous driver
junk and execute a clean-install. Read the Driver Cleaner instructions
VERY CAREFULLY.

John Lewis
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 19, 2004 5:15:02 AM

yup, mine is an MSI GeForceFX 5900XT VTD128 card but I sure do like the
sound of those new nVidia ones if I am actually able to use them tho? I
maybe should have uninstalled the previous drivers first.....?

"Eric" <Eric@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:D _OdnSMp1potzr7cRVn-vQ@speakeasy.net...
> That's only if you have an MSI card. Moreover, my Doom3 performance went
> way up with the latest nvidia (61.77) -- over MSI's 61.22 drivers.
>
> "NeonBlue" <donot@spamme.thankyou.com> wrote in message
>> oh? mine were nVidia 56.72 drivers and I installed these new ones on top
> of
>> the old ones and it freaked out big time and I had a black screen
>> awaiting
>> me next reboot lol I had no idea there was some later MSI ones? anyone
>> noticed any difference or better features with the new MSI ones out of
>> interest?
>>
>> "Eric" <Eric@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> >I have 61.77 and a 5900XT. I simply installed them on top of my 61.22
> MSI
>> > drivers.
>> >

>> > "NeonBlue" <donot@spamme.thankyou.com> wrote in message

> or
>> > are

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 19, 2004 5:18:41 AM

great :)  glad it does work on a 5900XT! and that's a good idea :)  thanks! I
will try that I think :)

so only the 61.76 ones work with DX9.0b then? as I do indeed have DX9.0b
installed at present but if I can install DX9.0c and then uninstall my
current nVidia drivers (56.72) and then reinstall the latest 61.77's? that
should work right?

!