I just tried updating to the latest nVidia 61.77 drivers a..

.....WinXP refused to boot :oO thank goodness for System Restore!!!

now did I miss something here (my g-card: MSI GeforceFX5900XT VTD128) or are
these drivers especially only for the newer nVidia cards?
6 answers Last reply
More about updating latest nvidia drivers

    I have 61.77 and a 5900XT. I simply installed them on top of my 61.22 MSI
    drivers.

    "NeonBlue" <donot@spamme.thankyou.com> wrote in message
    > ....WinXP refused to boot :oO thank goodness for System Restore!!!
    >
    > now did I miss something here (my g-card: MSI GeforceFX5900XT VTD128) or
    are
    > these drivers especially only for the newer nVidia cards?

    oh? mine were nVidia 56.72 drivers and I installed these new ones on top of
    the old ones and it freaked out big time and I had a black screen awaiting
    me next reboot lol I had no idea there was some later MSI ones? anyone
    noticed any difference or better features with the new MSI ones out of
    interest?

    "Eric" <Eric@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >I have 61.77 and a 5900XT. I simply installed them on top of my 61.22 MSI
    > drivers.
    >

    > "NeonBlue" <donot@spamme.thankyou.com> wrote in message
    >> ....WinXP refused to boot :oO thank goodness for System Restore!!!
    >>
    >> now did I miss something here (my g-card: MSI GeforceFX5900XT VTD128) or
    > are
    >> these drivers especially only for the newer nVidia cards?

    That's only if you have an MSI card. Moreover, my Doom3 performance went
    way up with the latest nvidia (61.77) -- over MSI's 61.22 drivers.

    > oh? mine were nVidia 56.72 drivers and I installed these new ones on top
    of
    > the old ones and it freaked out big time and I had a black screen awaiting
    > me next reboot lol I had no idea there was some later MSI ones? anyone
    > noticed any difference or better features with the new MSI ones out of
    > interest?
    >
    > "Eric" <Eric@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >I have 61.77 and a 5900XT. I simply installed them on top of my 61.22
    MSI
    > > drivers.
    > >

    > > "NeonBlue" <donot@spamme.thankyou.com> wrote in message
    > >> ....WinXP refused to boot :oO thank goodness for System Restore!!!
    > >>
    > >> now did I miss something here (my g-card: MSI GeforceFX5900XT VTD128)
    or
    > > are
    > >> these drivers especially only for the newer nVidia cards?

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:15:11 +0100, "NeonBlue"
    <donot@spamme.thankyou.com> wrote:

    >....WinXP refused to boot :oO thank goodness for System Restore!!!
    >
    >now did I miss something here (my g-card: MSI GeforceFX5900XT VTD128) or are
    >these drivers especially only for the newer nVidia cards?

    Nope. Runs perfectly OK on FX5900.

    Did you install DX9.0c as well? Reinstall 61.77 over DX9.0c and try
    again. 61.76 for DX9.0b.

    If no success use Driver Cleaner or similar to remove previous driver
    junk and execute a clean-install. Read the Driver Cleaner instructions
    VERY CAREFULLY.

    John Lewis

    yup, mine is an MSI GeForceFX 5900XT VTD128 card but I sure do like the
    sound of those new nVidia ones if I am actually able to use them tho? I
    maybe should have uninstalled the previous drivers first.....?

    > That's only if you have an MSI card. Moreover, my Doom3 performance went
    > way up with the latest nvidia (61.77) -- over MSI's 61.22 drivers.
    >
    > "NeonBlue" <donot@spamme.thankyou.com> wrote in message
    >> oh? mine were nVidia 56.72 drivers and I installed these new ones on top
    > of
    >> the old ones and it freaked out big time and I had a black screen
    >> awaiting
    >> me next reboot lol I had no idea there was some later MSI ones? anyone
    >> noticed any difference or better features with the new MSI ones out of
    >> interest?
    >>
    >> "Eric" <Eric@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have 61.77 and a 5900XT. I simply installed them on top of my 61.22
    > MSI
    >> > drivers.
    >> >

    >> > "NeonBlue" <donot@spamme.thankyou.com> wrote in message

    > or
    >> > are

    great :) glad it does work on a 5900XT! and that's a good idea :) thanks! I
    will try that I think :)

    so only the 61.76 ones work with DX9.0b then? as I do indeed have DX9.0b
    installed at present but if I can install DX9.0c and then uninstall my
    current nVidia drivers (56.72) and then reinstall the latest 61.77's? that
    should work right?

    > On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:15:11 +0100, "NeonBlue"
    > <donot@spamme.thankyou.com> wrote:
    >
    >>....WinXP refused to boot :oO thank goodness for System Restore!!!
    >>
    >>now did I miss something here (my g-card: MSI GeforceFX5900XT VTD128) or
    >>are
    >>these drivers especially only for the newer nVidia cards?
    >>

    > Nope. Runs perfectly OK on FX5900.
    >>

    > Did you install DX9.0c as well? Reinstall 61.77 over DX9.0c and try
    > again. 61.76 for DX9.0b.
    >
    > If no success use Driver Cleaner or similar to remove previous driver
    > junk and execute a clean-install. Read the Driver Cleaner instructions
    > VERY CAREFULLY.
    >
    > John Lewis

Nvidia Drivers System Restore Graphics