Flight-School Parachuting

Hi there

I want to spawn the Hunter and got gold everywhere
at Flight-School, except Parachuting.

The best i got was 99% (still silver).
I came down in the centre of the Target,
the game said Position 100% but only 99% at all.

Does time matter (somewhere between 50-60 seconds)?

I get over 90% every time. Any hints?

Are there rewards for getting gold or silver at the
other schools too?

Marco

"Marco Jautz" <ma_ja@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> I want to spawn the Hunter and got gold everywhere
> at Flight-School, except Parachuting.
>
> The best i got was 99% (still silver).
> I came down in the centre of the Target,
> the game said Position 100% but only 99% at all.
>
> Does time matter (somewhere between 50-60 seconds)?
>
> I get over 90% every time. Any hints?
>
> Are there rewards for getting gold or silver at the
> other schools too?
>
> Marco

Can't say for sure, but I think time is a factor... I think the later you
deploy the chute, the better the score.

> Hi there
>
> I want to spawn the Hunter and got gold everywhere
> at Flight-School, except Parachuting.
>
> The best i got was 99% (still silver).
> I came down in the centre of the Target,
> the game said Position 100% but only 99% at all.
>
> Does time matter (somewhere between 50-60 seconds)?
>
> I get over 90% every time. Any hints?

When the game tells you to pull the cord on the chute wait a few seconds;
also push forward on the controller while decending so you decend faster.

> Are there rewards for getting gold or silver at the
> other schools too?

At the driving school and motorcycle school yes. All golds at the driving
school gets you the hot knife which is the only way to get the car that I
know of without using cheats. Can't say about the boat school never got all
golds there. I can't get gold on the test you do the jump.

"Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote

> Can't say for sure, but I think time is a factor... I think the
> later you deploy the chute, the better the score.

I tried this too, but you will have to keep the feet up after
that much longer to reach the target.

"Corey Simonator" <forged@caste.com> wrote

> When the game tells you to pull the cord on the chute wait a few seconds;
> also push forward on the controller while decending so you decend faster.

I push forward from the beginning until i pull the cord.
I tried pulling the cord really late (under the clouds).
I think i still have to find the right timing.
Does somebody know the time you have to stay under?
I guess you need to be faster than 50 seconds or something.

>> Are there rewards for getting gold or silver at the
>> other schools too?
>
> At the driving school and motorcycle school yes. All golds at the driving
> school gets you the hot knife which is the only way to get the car that I
> know of without using cheats. Can't say about the boat school never got
> all
> golds there. I can't get gold on the test you do the jump.

I found this:
http://faqs.ign.com/articles/565/565118p1.html

Bikeschool is nothing of interest since the bikes are available
elsewhere. Not sure if its the same with the boats because i dont
use them much.

They write about parachuting too:

----------------------------
7.10 - Parachute onto Target
----------------------------

Total Time:

Vehicle Provided: Parachute

Difficulty: 7/10

What you need for gold:

To land in the middle of the target

Tips - Hold forward for 21 seconds than open parachute at 21 seconds once
the parachute has opened hold down until 52 seconds and you should land
in the middle of the target.

"Marco Jautz" <ma_ja@t-online.de> wrote

> To land in the middle of the target
>
> Tips - Hold forward for 21 seconds than open parachute at 21 seconds once
> the parachute has opened hold down until 52 seconds and you should land
> in the middle of the target.

This just doesnt work. It will get you far over the target.
Then I tried pulling the cord at 21 seconds only and doing
the rest myself. This got me 99% at 56 seconds again.
I think this is the hardest mission at flight-school
to get gold for.

Marco

I found this to be the hardest lesson until I realised that the camera does
not move after a few seconds the way it does when you're in a vehicle. You
can use this to help you hit the centre of the target.

Open the 'chute when instructed and reposition the camera so that the centre
of the target appears directly between CJ's ankles. If you don't touch
anything, you'll notice that his ankles drop "below" the taget, meaning he's
going to land short.

Do not reposition the camera. Keep tapping "down" to slow his descent,
maintaining the glidepath so that his ankles (when his legs are straight)
stay in-line with the centre of the target.

When he touches down, make sure his legs are straight, otherwise you will
overshoot the centre. (However, if he's going to land short, you can lift
his legs to gain a few extra feet.)

If you're going for gold (the above is enough to get silver) pull the
ripcord a few seconds after you're told, and use the same technique. If you
go too far forward (unlikely) then use the "up" control to drop far enough
to allow you to finish the lesson by using "down" to control the glidepath.
You have much more control this way.

Hitting the centre of the target has a bigger impact (sorry for the pun)
than your final time.

"G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote

Hitting the centre of the target has a bigger impact (sorry for the pun)
> than your final time.

I finally got it. It must have been the legs not beeing straight.
I thought when the game tells me "Position 100%" it means i did hit
the centre. I am not sure, but i think it took me 55 Seconds only
this time, which is 1 Second better than my other 99% tries.
So i am not sure what was the reason for getting gold now.

I got the Hunter now. Not that i did need it,
i like the Hydra more. But it looks good to have all vehicles
standing there. ;-)

Marco

"Marco Jautz" <ma_ja@t-online.de> wrote

> I got the Hunter now. Not that i did need it,
> i like the Hydra more. But it looks good to have all vehicles
> standing there. ;-)

Seems like one of them is always missing.

In message <X1YBe.3146$_%4.2769@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>
"Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can't say for sure, but I think time is a factor... I think the later you
> deploy the chute, the better the score.

I've gotta feeling that's correct, the 'Parachute On To Target' was the
only flight school mission I spent a lot of time on.

IIRC, less than 2 minutes is sufficient for the gold, I think that the
medals go up in 10 second increments.

Cheers,
Rob

>Bikeschool is nothing of interest since the bikes
>are available elsewhere.

I don't think there's an FCR-900 parked anywhere is there? I know two
places to get an NRG, which is my usual ride, but a reliable source of
FCRs would be nice.

Phil Hibbs.

"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote

> I don't think there's an FCR-900 parked anywhere is there? I know two
> places to get an NRG, which is my usual ride, but a reliable source of
> FCRs would be nice.

I dont know a place where to get one all the time,
but i stole them a few times from some bikers.
I did bike school after flight school thoug and thought it
was a piece of cake. Driving school is really hard. I dont
think i ever get gold everywhere here.

Marco