6800 Ultra - how long is it?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon to a 6800
Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra compared to the
5700 Ultra?

In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.
32 answers Last reply
More about 6800 ultra long
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:cg07vn$rku$1@kermit.esat.net...
    > I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon to a
    6800
    > Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra compared to the
    > 5700 Ultra?
    >
    > In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.

    My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus branded
    9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.

    --
    Bob Perez

    "Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they
    quit playing."
    - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Bob Perez wrote:
    > "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:cg07vn$rku$1@kermit.esat.net...
    >> I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon
    >> to a 6800 Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra
    >> compared to the 5700 Ultra?
    >>
    >> In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.
    >
    > My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
    > branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.

    The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:2oi03oFb52v7U1@uni-berlin.de...
    > Bob Perez wrote:
    > > "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > news:cg07vn$rku$1@kermit.esat.net...
    > >> I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon
    > >> to a 6800 Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra
    > >> compared to the 5700 Ultra?
    > >>
    > >> In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.
    > >
    > > My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
    > > branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.
    >
    > The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.

    Yeah, and he told him his 6800 Ultra is 7.75" long. What's your point? :)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Richard Dower wrote:
    > I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon to
    > a 6800 Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra
    > compared to the 5700 Ultra?
    >
    > In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.

    As far as I remember, the length is exactly the same. But I might be wrong.

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Danny wrote:

    > Bob Perez wrote:
    >
    >>"Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>news:cg07vn$rku$1@kermit.esat.net...
    >>
    >>>I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon
    >>>to a 6800 Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra
    >>>compared to the 5700 Ultra?
    >>>
    >>>In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.
    >>
    >>My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
    >>branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.
    >
    >
    > The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.
    >
    Well, he told him how long the card is, we haven't all owned a FX5700U
    before upgrading, sheesh get a grip man.

    --
    Les
    AMD64 3200+
    2x512 MB corsair platinum 3500
    Gigabyte GA-K8VNXP
    Leadtek A400 GT
    SB Audigy
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    RaceFace wrote:
    >>>> In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.
    >>>
    >>> My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
    >>> branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.
    >>
    >> The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.
    >
    > Yeah, and he told him his 6800 Ultra is 7.75" long. What's your
    > point? :)

    How much longer is the 6800 Ultra to the 5700 Ultra! That's what he's
    asking.

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Danny wrote:

    > RaceFace wrote:
    >
    >>>>>In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.
    >>>>
    >>>>My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
    >>>>branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.
    >>>
    >>>The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.
    >>
    >>Yeah, and he told him his 6800 Ultra is 7.75" long. What's your
    >>point? :)
    >
    >
    > How much longer is the 6800 Ultra to the 5700 Ultra! That's what he's
    > asking.
    >

    OMG DENSE DENSE DENSE!!!!

    He just gave him the measurement of the new card.

    He has a 5700 now.

    One would assume he has a fricking tape measure and can measure his own
    card!!!
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Les wrote:
    > Danny wrote:
    >
    >> Bob Perez wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> news:cg07vn$rku$1@kermit.esat.net...
    >>>
    >>>> I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon
    >>>> to a 6800 Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra
    >>>> compared to the 5700 Ultra?
    >>>>
    >>>> In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.
    >>>
    >>> My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
    >>> branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.
    >>
    >>
    >> The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.
    >>
    > Well, he told him how long the card is, we haven't all owned a FX5700U
    > before upgrading,

    In which case such people can't help.

    > sheesh get a grip man.

    I am - useless help is worse than no response.

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:2oi716Fb77peU1@uni-berlin.de...
    > Les wrote:
    >> Danny wrote:
    >>
    >>> Bob Perez wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>> news:cg07vn$rku$1@kermit.esat.net...
    >>>>
    >>>>> I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon
    >>>>> to a 6800 Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra
    >>>>> compared to the 5700 Ultra?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.
    >>>>
    >>>> My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
    >>>> branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.
    >>>
    >> Well, he told him how long the card is, we haven't all owned a FX5700U
    >> before upgrading,
    >
    > In which case such people can't help.
    >
    >> sheesh get a grip man.
    >
    > I am - useless help is worse than no response.
    >
    > --
    > "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    > administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
    >

    If he's told how long a 6800 card is I bet he can figure out the
    difference himself.

    Jim M
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Danny, you have now qualified as a full-fledge idiot.

    "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:2oi04hFat4n9U1@uni-berlin.de...
    > Richard Dower wrote:
    > > I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon to
    > > a 6800 Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra
    > > compared to the 5700 Ultra?
    > >
    > > In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.
    >
    > As far as I remember, the length is exactly the same. But I might be
    wrong.
    >
    > --
    > "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    > administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
    >
    >
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "cpaoli" <cpaoli@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    news:tHWUc.121$Rp6.70@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
    > Danny, you have now qualified as a full-fledge idiot.

    Seconded.

    Chip


    >
    > "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:2oi04hFat4n9U1@uni-berlin.de...
    > > Richard Dower wrote:
    > > > I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon to
    > > > a 6800 Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra
    > > > compared to the 5700 Ultra?
    > > >
    > > > In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.
    > >
    > > As far as I remember, the length is exactly the same. But I might be
    > wrong.
    > >
    > > --
    > > "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    > > administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:2oi03oFb52v7U1@uni-berlin.de...

    > >> In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.
    > >
    > > My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
    > > branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.
    >
    > The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.

    The guy asked about the length, the dimensions of the 6800 Ultra, which I
    went and measured, and then posted. Did I warrant your comment because I
    failed to go out and buy an FX to compare the difference?

    Sheesh.

    --
    Bob Perez

    "Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they
    quit playing."
    - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    cpaoli wrote:
    > Danny, you have now qualified as a full-fledge idiot.
    >

    Now, which part of 'as far as I can remember' and 'I could be wrong' did
    your brain cell not pick on?

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Chip wrote:
    > "cpaoli" <cpaoli@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > news:tHWUc.121$Rp6.70@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
    >> Danny, you have now qualified as a full-fledge idiot.
    >
    > Seconded.
    >
    > Chip

    You'll be able to confirm why you agree, or are you just mindlessly hopping
    on a bandwagon?

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    deimos wrote:
    > Danny wrote:
    >
    >> RaceFace wrote:
    >>
    >>>>>> In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
    >>>>> branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.
    >>>>
    >>>> The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.
    >>>
    >>> Yeah, and he told him his 6800 Ultra is 7.75" long. What's your
    >>> point? :)
    >>
    >>
    >> How much longer is the 6800 Ultra to the 5700 Ultra! That's what he's
    >> asking.
    >>
    >
    > OMG DENSE DENSE DENSE!!!!

    So you think the best way to correct someone is to mock them and yell
    they're dense at them.
    I direct you to:
    http://www.bsd-unix.net/seitz/funny/RvB_NYC2.mov

    >
    > He just gave him the measurement of the new card.
    >
    > He has a 5700 now.
    >
    > One would assume he has a fricking tape measure and can measure his
    > own card!!!

    Aye ok, I had an off-day. Give a boy a break.

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:2ojgrnFbdp2jU1@uni-berlin.de...
    > >
    > > He just gave him the measurement of the new card.
    > >
    > > He has a 5700 now.
    > >
    > > One would assume he has a fricking tape measure and can measure his
    > > own card!!!
    >
    > Aye ok, I had an off-day. Give a boy a break.
    >
    >
    I usually just chalk it up to drinking too much and posting.....
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:2ojgn5Fbd49cU1@uni-berlin.de...
    > Chip wrote:
    > > "cpaoli" <cpaoli@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > > news:tHWUc.121$Rp6.70@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
    > >> Danny, you have now qualified as a full-fledge idiot.
    > >
    > > Seconded.
    > >
    > > Chip
    >
    > You'll be able to confirm why you agree, or are you just mindlessly
    hopping
    > on a bandwagon?

    Sure. Because the OP asked how long is a 6800 Ultra and someone kindly
    replied. Presumably that someone took the time to measure it. Very helpful
    of him.

    And you - idiot that you are - decided to take a cheap shot at this and to
    criticise the guy for not *comparing* the 2 cards. A cheap shot, completely
    unwarranted and very unfriendly.

    And then, as if that's no enough, you posted "As far as I remember, the
    length is exactly the same. But I might be wrong."

    That made be laugh out loud. You have the bare faced cheek to criticize
    someone trying to help and then you post the most *unhelpful* post of the
    lot. Marvellous.

    When cpaoli stepped in and called you an idiot, I fely compelled to agree.

    Happy now?

    Chip


    >
    > --
    > "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    > administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
    >
    >
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Chip wrote:
    >>
    >> You'll be able to confirm why you agree, or are you just mindlessly
    >> hopping on a bandwagon?
    >
    > Sure. Because the OP asked how long is a 6800 Ultra and someone
    > kindly replied. Presumably that someone took the time to measure it.
    > Very helpful of him.
    >
    > And you - idiot that you are -

    At least you prove yourself to be as big an idiot as you're accusing me of
    being.

    > decided to take a cheap shot at this
    > and to criticise the guy for not *comparing* the 2 cards. A cheap
    > shot, completely unwarranted and very unfriendly.

    Comment #1 "The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800."
    Comment #2 "How much longer is the 6800 Ultra to the 5700 Ultra! That's what
    he's
    asking."
    Comment #3 "In which case such people can't help."

    You can point out the cheap shot, completely unwarranted and very unfriendly
    dig there, I presume? I really hope you can because I'm failing to see where
    I mock or act harshly.

    >
    > And then, as if that's no enough, you posted "As far as I remember,
    > the length is exactly the same. But I might be wrong."

    Because providing tentative help and stating it might not be perfect is the
    most common form of response when aiding someone on usenet - shows them that
    people are trying to help even if they're unsuccessful. otoh hand, providing
    help which exactly the opposite but being ignorant that you're clueless is
    more useless than anything.

    >
    > That made be laugh out loud. You have the bare faced cheek to
    > criticize someone trying to help

    No I didn't - see above.

    > and then you post the most
    > *unhelpful* post of the lot. Marvellous.

    Was my post incorrect? Are 5700 Ultras not the same length as 6800 Ultras? I
    mean I'm positively *dying* to know just how unhelpful my post was.

    >
    > When cpaoli stepped in and called you an idiot, I fely compelled to
    > agree.
    >
    > Happy now?

    Ecstatic - just that you've proven yourself to be not only dimwitted
    yourself, but a drama queen while you're at it.

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
  19. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Bob Perez wrote:
    > "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:2oi03oFb52v7U1@uni-berlin.de...
    >
    >>>> In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.
    >>>
    >>> My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
    >>> branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.
    >>
    >> The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.
    >
    > The guy asked about the length, the dimensions of the 6800 Ultra,
    > which I went and measured, and then posted. Did I warrant your
    > comment because I failed to go out and buy an FX to compare the
    > difference?

    I wasn't being intentionally harsh, I was making a valid point. Apologies if
    I've offended you but it was not meant that way. At least you have the
    dignity to say your piece without getting insulting.

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
  20. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:2ojqgqFbf2pgU1@uni-berlin.de...
    > Chip wrote:

    >You've proven yourself to be not only dimwitted
    > yourself, but a drama queen while you're at it.

    Hmmmmm. I say "seconded". And that's me being a drama queen?

    You ask me why you are a being a twat, so I tell you. And that's me being
    dimwitted.

    I think I will leave the audience to make their own judgements on this one.

    <Plonk>

    Chip
  21. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Chip wrote:
    > "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:2ojqgqFbf2pgU1@uni-berlin.de...
    >> Chip wrote:
    >
    >> You've proven yourself to be not only dimwitted
    >> yourself, but a drama queen while you're at it.
    >
    > Hmmmmm. I say "seconded". And that's me being a drama queen?

    No, your follow up post was and that was the one I was addressing.

    >
    > You ask me why you are a being a twat, so I tell you. And that's me
    > being dimwitted.

    Spot on. Nothin' much gets past you eh?

    >
    > I think I will leave the audience to make their own judgements on
    > this one.

    I do believe my reply to the person who helped the original poster will
    clarify my position.

    >
    > <Plonk>

    Hah, that's pathetic. KF'ing me because I disagree with your assessment of
    me - and yet *you* joined in the insults, not me. I notice you addressed no
    points I made at all.
    But I guess you won't get this. I'm not KF'ing you - only people who are
    actually worthy of condemnation do I KF - you're worth nothing.

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
  22. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Danny wrote:

    > Chip wrote:
    >> "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> news:2ojqgqFbf2pgU1@uni-berlin.de...
    >>> Chip wrote:
    >>
    >>> You've proven yourself to be not only dimwitted
    >>> yourself, but a drama queen while you're at it.
    >>
    >> Hmmmmm. I say "seconded". And that's me being a drama queen?
    >
    > No, your follow up post was and that was the one I was addressing.
    >
    >>
    >> You ask me why you are a being a twat, so I tell you. And that's me
    >> being dimwitted.
    >
    > Spot on. Nothin' much gets past you eh?
    >
    >>
    >> I think I will leave the audience to make their own judgements on
    >> this one.
    >
    > I do believe my reply to the person who helped the original poster will
    > clarify my position.
    >
    >>
    >> <Plonk>
    >
    > Hah, that's pathetic. KF'ing me because I disagree with your assessment of
    > me - and yet *you* joined in the insults, not me. I notice you addressed
    > no points I made at all.
    > But I guess you won't get this. I'm not KF'ing you - only people who are
    > actually worthy of condemnation do I KF - you're worth nothing.

    What's pathetic is responding to someone who has killfiled you as if they
    are going to actually see your comment.
    >

    --
    --John
    Reply to jclarke at ae tee tee global dot net
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
  23. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    <snip>

    Relax guys with the flaming...my original question still stands, to those
    people whom have experince of Nvidia cards only. Is the 6800 Ultra longer
    then the 5700 Ultra?

    Space is at a premium in my case and i just want to be sure it will fit.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Richard Dower wrote:

    > <snip>
    >
    > Relax guys with the flaming...my original question still stands, to those
    > people whom have experince of Nvidia cards only. Is the 6800 Ultra longer
    > then the 5700 Ultra?
    >
    > Space is at a premium in my case and i just want to be sure it will fit.

    You can find photos of several brands of both at
    <http://www.newegg.com>--while they aren't all to the same scale it should
    be easy to measure using the AGP connector as a reference. But looking at
    them it appears that the boards are if not exactly the same size very
    close.

    --
    --John
    Reply to jclarke at ae tee tee global dot net
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
  25. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    J. Clarke wrote:
    > Danny wrote:
    >
    >> Chip wrote:
    >>> "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> news:2ojqgqFbf2pgU1@uni-berlin.de...
    >>>> Chip wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> You've proven yourself to be not only dimwitted
    >>>> yourself, but a drama queen while you're at it.
    >>>
    >>> Hmmmmm. I say "seconded". And that's me being a drama queen?
    >>
    >> No, your follow up post was and that was the one I was addressing.
    >>
    >>>
    >>> You ask me why you are a being a twat, so I tell you. And that's me
    >>> being dimwitted.
    >>
    >> Spot on. Nothin' much gets past you eh?
    >>
    >>>
    >>> I think I will leave the audience to make their own judgements on
    >>> this one.
    >>
    >> I do believe my reply to the person who helped the original poster
    >> will clarify my position.
    >>
    >>>
    >>> <Plonk>
    >>
    >> Hah, that's pathetic. KF'ing me because I disagree with your
    >> assessment of me - and yet *you* joined in the insults, not me. I
    >> notice you addressed no points I made at all.
    >> But I guess you won't get this. I'm not KF'ing you - only people who
    >> are actually worthy of condemnation do I KF - you're worth nothing.
    >
    > What's pathetic is responding to someone who has killfiled you as if
    > they are going to actually see your comment.

    The only way they might see the comment would be if someone else was to
    reply to it.
    Now, let me see...
    :)

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
  26. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Danny wrote:

    > J. Clarke wrote:
    >> Danny wrote:
    >>
    >>> Chip wrote:
    >>>> "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>> news:2ojqgqFbf2pgU1@uni-berlin.de...
    >>>>> Chip wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> You've proven yourself to be not only dimwitted
    >>>>> yourself, but a drama queen while you're at it.
    >>>>
    >>>> Hmmmmm. I say "seconded". And that's me being a drama queen?
    >>>
    >>> No, your follow up post was and that was the one I was addressing.
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>> You ask me why you are a being a twat, so I tell you. And that's me
    >>>> being dimwitted.
    >>>
    >>> Spot on. Nothin' much gets past you eh?
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>> I think I will leave the audience to make their own judgements on
    >>>> this one.
    >>>
    >>> I do believe my reply to the person who helped the original poster
    >>> will clarify my position.
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>> <Plonk>
    >>>
    >>> Hah, that's pathetic. KF'ing me because I disagree with your
    >>> assessment of me - and yet *you* joined in the insults, not me. I
    >>> notice you addressed no points I made at all.
    >>> But I guess you won't get this. I'm not KF'ing you - only people who
    >>> are actually worthy of condemnation do I KF - you're worth nothing.
    >>
    >> What's pathetic is responding to someone who has killfiled you as if
    >> they are going to actually see your comment.
    >
    > The only way they might see the comment would be if someone else was to
    > reply to it.
    > Now, let me see...
    > :)

    Geez, walked right into _that_ one:)
    >

    --
    --John
    Reply to jclarke at ae tee tee global dot net
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
  27. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    J. Clarke wrote:
    > Richard Dower wrote:
    >
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> Relax guys with the flaming...my original question still stands, to
    >> those people whom have experince of Nvidia cards only. Is the 6800
    >> Ultra longer then the 5700 Ultra?
    >>
    >> Space is at a premium in my case and i just want to be sure it will
    >> fit.
    >
    > You can find photos of several brands of both at
    > <http://www.newegg.com>--while they aren't all to the same scale it
    > should be easy to measure using the AGP connector as a reference.
    > But looking at them it appears that the boards are if not exactly the
    > same size very close.

    Wait a minute - everyone flames me for helping uselessly when it turns out
    my answer was actually correct.
    Why, you couldn't make that one up :)

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
  28. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Richard Dower wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    > Relax guys with the flaming...my original question still stands, to
    > those people whom have experince of Nvidia cards only. Is the 6800
    > Ultra longer then the 5700 Ultra?

    Like I said, they appear to be both pretty much the same length.

    >
    > Space is at a premium in my case and i just want to be sure it will
    > fit.

    If someone is kind enough to measure their 5700 Ultra that will tell you.
    Otherwise it's essentially guesswork and a modicum of faith.

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
  29. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:2om1obFc58krU1@uni-berlin.de...
    > Richard Dower wrote:
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> Relax guys with the flaming...my original question still stands, to
    >> those people whom have experince of Nvidia cards only. Is the 6800
    >> Ultra longer then the 5700 Ultra?
    >
    > Like I said, they appear to be both pretty much the same length.
    >
    >>
    >> Space is at a premium in my case and i just want to be sure it will
    >> fit.
    >
    > If someone is kind enough to measure their 5700 Ultra that will tell you.
    > Otherwise it's essentially guesswork and a modicum of faith.

    Indeed, thanks to all who responded.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:cg4mq9$5ae$1@kermit.esat.net...
    >
    > "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:2om1obFc58krU1@uni-berlin.de...
    >> Richard Dower wrote:
    >>> <snip>
    >>>
    >>> Relax guys with the flaming...my original question still stands, to
    >>> those people whom have experince of Nvidia cards only. Is the 6800
    >>> Ultra longer then the 5700 Ultra?
    >>
    >> Like I said, they appear to be both pretty much the same length.
    >>
    >>>
    >>> Space is at a premium in my case and i just want to be sure it will
    >>> fit.
    >>
    >> If someone is kind enough to measure their 5700 Ultra that will tell you.
    >> Otherwise it's essentially guesswork and a modicum of faith.
    >
    > Indeed, thanks to all who responded.
    >

    In your original post you said you had a 5700 Ultra.
    How come you can't measure it yourself?
    Another question is are all brands of 6800 ultras the same length?

    Jim M
  31. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Danny" <Danny__grant@///hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:2okd7qFbbvrnU1@uni-berlin.de...

    > I wasn't being intentionally harsh, I was making a valid point. Apologies
    if
    > I've offended you but it was not meant that way. At least you have the
    > dignity to say your piece without getting insulting.

    Ok, well thanks for clearing the air. Glad to know that it's still possible
    to have disagreements on Usenet without the necessity of escalating
    flamewars and gratuitous insults. I save mine for the ones who really
    deserve it.

    --
    Bob Perez

    "Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they
    quit playing."
    - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes
  32. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:X8CdnTOzGfAbZrjcRVn-gA@comcast.com...

    > In your original post you said you had a 5700 Ultra.
    > How come you can't measure it yourself?
    > Another question is are all brands of 6800 ultras the same length?
    >
    > Jim M

    I just assumed the dimensions for the Nvidia 6800 Ultra refrence card were
    published, WxHxD etc.

    Guess i could measure the 5700 Ultra, i am sure it'll be fine.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics