QUAKE III

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still play?
12 answers Last reply
More about quake
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    OZMAN wrote:
    > Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still
    > play?

    Yup.
    Not me, but yup.

    --
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
    administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

    In article <4124d2d9$1_1@newspeer2.tds.net>, OZMAN says...
    > Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still play?

    Yup. Get a copy of Gamespy3D to find servers though.

    --
    Conor

    Its life Jim but not as we know it.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > In article <4124d2d9$1_1@newspeer2.tds.net>, OZMAN says...
    > > Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still play?
    > >
    > Yup. Get a copy of Gamespy3D to find servers though.
    >

    > --
    > Conor
    >
    > Its life Jim but not as we know it.

    How about Quake II? I liked it better than 3
    Strychnine

    Yes it is.

    "OZMAN" <bill@phisupply.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still play?

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    OZMAN wrote:

    > Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still play?

    Absolutely. The last patch was PR 1.32 and there are tons of active
    mods out there. One of the best is Urban Terror. It just had a pretty
    good update. And lots of people still play Excessive variations by
    using the older 1.17 patch.

    I haven't checked on any of the Team Fortress type mods lately, but just
    download The All Seeing Eye and find which mods have the most servers
    active.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "OZMAN" <bill@phisupply.com> wrote in message
    > Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still play?

    It probably is.

    I used to be a massive fan of Unreal Tournament, and so when Quake3 and
    UT2003 (or was it 2002? anyway, the next one from UT) came out if was
    really looking forward to playing them.

    I was disappointed with both Q3 and UT2002/3 because although it looked
    fantastic, i thought there was no realism in the physics of both games. It
    just felt like you were floating round the map, not running.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote in message
    > "OZMAN" <bill@phisupply.com> wrote in message
    > > Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still play?
    >
    > It probably is.
    >
    > I used to be a massive fan of Unreal Tournament, and so when Quake3 and
    > UT2003 (or was it 2002? anyway, the next one from UT) came out if was
    > really looking forward to playing them.
    >
    > I was disappointed with both Q3 and UT2002/3 because although it looked
    > fantastic, i thought there was no realism in the physics of both games.
    It
    > just felt like you were floating round the map, not running.

    My idiot buddy will agree with you're floating comment of UT but we both
    like Q3.
    Q2 is much better.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "dorkus.erectus" <gftrs@fkjus.net> wrote in message

    > "sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote in message
    > > "OZMAN" <bill@phisupply.com> wrote in message
    > > > Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still
    play?

    > > It probably is.
    > >
    > > I used to be a massive fan of Unreal Tournament, and so when Quake3 and
    > > UT2003 (or was it 2002? anyway, the next one from UT) came out if was
    > > really looking forward to playing them.
    > >
    > > I was disappointed with both Q3 and UT2002/3 because although it looked
    > > fantastic, i thought there was no realism in the physics of both games.
    > It
    > > just felt like you were floating round the map, not running.
    > >

    > My idiot buddy will agree with you're floating comment of UT but we both
    > like Q3.
    > Q2 is much better.

    You have an idiot buddy? :P
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    > "dorkus.erectus" <gftrs@fkjus.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote in message
    > > > "OZMAN" <bill@phisupply.com> wrote in message
    > play?
    > > >
    > > > It probably is.
    > > >
    > > > I used to be a massive fan of Unreal Tournament, and so when Quake3
    and
    > > > UT2003 (or was it 2002? anyway, the next one from UT) came out if was
    > > > really looking forward to playing them.
    > > >
    > > > I was disappointed with both Q3 and UT2002/3 because although it
    looked
    > > > fantastic, i thought there was no realism in the physics of both
    games.
    > > It
    > > > just felt like you were floating round the map, not running.
    > > >

    > > My idiot buddy will agree with you're floating comment of UT but we both
    > > like Q3.
    > > Q2 is much better.
    >
    > You have an idiot buddy? :P

    He's an idiot only when he disagrees with me. You must have some too.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    > "sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote in message
    > > "dorkus.erectus" <gftrs@fkjus.net> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote in message
    > > play?

    > and

    > looked
    > games.
    > > > It
    > > > >

    > > > My idiot buddy will agree with you're floating comment of UT but we
    both
    > > > like Q3.
    > > > Q2 is much better.
    > >
    > > You have an idiot buddy? :P
    > >

    > He's an idiot only when he disagrees with me. You must have some too.

    Oh yes. Lots. Bless em. If i wasn't here who would look after them?
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:30:53 GMT, "sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote:

    >I was disappointed with both Q3 and UT2002/3 because although it looked
    >fantastic, i thought there was no realism in the physics of both games. It
    >just felt like you were floating round the map, not running.

    Erm, the U in UT does stand for Unreal.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:30:53 GMT, "sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I was disappointed with both Q3 and UT2002/3 because although it looked
    > >fantastic, i thought there was no realism in the physics of both games.
    It
    > >just felt like you were floating round the map, not running.
    >
    > Erm, the U in UT does stand for Unreal.

    I know that man, but "Unreal" doesn't apply to the feel of the game, "Unreal
    Tournament" is an extension of the game "Unreal" so where does that mean
    that players should glide when they're supposed to be running?

Nvidia Games ATI Graphics