QUAKE III

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 19, 2004 3:19:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still play?

More about : quake iii

August 19, 2004 9:30:05 PM

OZMAN wrote:
> Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still
> play?

Yup.
Not me, but yup.

--
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

In article <4124d2d9$1_1@newspeer2.tds.net>, OZMAN says...
> Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still play?

Yup. Get a copy of Gamespy3D to find servers though.

--
Conor

Its life Jim but not as we know it.
Related resources
August 19, 2004 9:47:38 PM

"Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <4124d2d9$1_1@newspeer2.tds.net>, OZMAN says...
> > Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still play?
> >
> Yup. Get a copy of Gamespy3D to find servers though.
>

> --
> Conor
>
> Its life Jim but not as we know it.

How about Quake II? I liked it better than 3
Strychnine
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 10:28:28 PM

Yes it is.

"OZMAN" <bill@phisupply.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still play?

Anonymous
August 20, 2004 1:51:20 AM

OZMAN wrote:

> Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still play?

Absolutely. The last patch was PR 1.32 and there are tons of active
mods out there. One of the best is Urban Terror. It just had a pretty
good update. And lots of people still play Excessive variations by
using the older 1.17 patch.

I haven't checked on any of the Team Fortress type mods lately, but just
download The All Seeing Eye and find which mods have the most servers
active.
August 20, 2004 12:30:53 PM

"OZMAN" <bill@phisupply.com> wrote in message
> Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still play?

It probably is.

I used to be a massive fan of Unreal Tournament, and so when Quake3 and
UT2003 (or was it 2002? anyway, the next one from UT) came out if was
really looking forward to playing them.

I was disappointed with both Q3 and UT2002/3 because although it looked
fantastic, i thought there was no realism in the physics of both games. It
just felt like you were floating round the map, not running.
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 12:30:54 PM

"sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote in message
> "OZMAN" <bill@phisupply.com> wrote in message
> > Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still play?
>
> It probably is.
>
> I used to be a massive fan of Unreal Tournament, and so when Quake3 and
> UT2003 (or was it 2002? anyway, the next one from UT) came out if was
> really looking forward to playing them.
>
> I was disappointed with both Q3 and UT2002/3 because although it looked
> fantastic, i thought there was no realism in the physics of both games.
It
> just felt like you were floating round the map, not running.

My idiot buddy will agree with you're floating comment of UT but we both
like Q3.
Q2 is much better.
August 20, 2004 1:03:53 PM

"dorkus.erectus" <gftrs@fkjus.net> wrote in message

> "sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote in message
> > "OZMAN" <bill@phisupply.com> wrote in message
> > > Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still
play?

> > It probably is.
> >
> > I used to be a massive fan of Unreal Tournament, and so when Quake3 and
> > UT2003 (or was it 2002? anyway, the next one from UT) came out if was
> > really looking forward to playing them.
> >
> > I was disappointed with both Q3 and UT2002/3 because although it looked
> > fantastic, i thought there was no realism in the physics of both games.
> It
> > just felt like you were floating round the map, not running.
> >

> My idiot buddy will agree with you're floating comment of UT but we both
> like Q3.
> Q2 is much better.

You have an idiot buddy? :p
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 1:52:06 PM

> "dorkus.erectus" <gftrs@fkjus.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote in message
> > > "OZMAN" <bill@phisupply.com> wrote in message
> play?
> > >
> > > It probably is.
> > >
> > > I used to be a massive fan of Unreal Tournament, and so when Quake3
and
> > > UT2003 (or was it 2002? anyway, the next one from UT) came out if was
> > > really looking forward to playing them.
> > >
> > > I was disappointed with both Q3 and UT2002/3 because although it
looked
> > > fantastic, i thought there was no realism in the physics of both
games.
> > It
> > > just felt like you were floating round the map, not running.
> > >

> > My idiot buddy will agree with you're floating comment of UT but we both
> > like Q3.
> > Q2 is much better.
>
> You have an idiot buddy? :p

He's an idiot only when he disagrees with me. You must have some too.
August 20, 2004 4:12:56 PM

> "sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote in message
> > "dorkus.erectus" <gftrs@fkjus.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote in message
> > play?

> and

> looked
> games.
> > > It
> > > >

> > > My idiot buddy will agree with you're floating comment of UT but we
both
> > > like Q3.
> > > Q2 is much better.
> >
> > You have an idiot buddy? :p
> >

> He's an idiot only when he disagrees with me. You must have some too.

Oh yes. Lots. Bless em. If i wasn't here who would look after them?
August 20, 2004 4:37:54 PM

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:30:53 GMT, "sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote:

>I was disappointed with both Q3 and UT2002/3 because although it looked
>fantastic, i thought there was no realism in the physics of both games. It
>just felt like you were floating round the map, not running.

Erm, the U in UT does stand for Unreal.
August 20, 2004 4:37:55 PM

"Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost> wrote in message
news:D jobi0dc9p2blch5t6pmjv5mg77s5k0ule@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:30:53 GMT, "sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote:
>
> >I was disappointed with both Q3 and UT2002/3 because although it looked
> >fantastic, i thought there was no realism in the physics of both games.
It
> >just felt like you were floating round the map, not running.
>
> Erm, the U in UT does stand for Unreal.

I know that man, but "Unreal" doesn't apply to the feel of the game, "Unreal
Tournament" is an extension of the game "Unreal" so where does that mean
that players should glide when they're supposed to be running?
!