3dfx Voodoo3 2000 AGP

stuff

All this talk of 3dfx is making me think about my dear ol' Voodoo3 i've
still got stashed away under my bed gathering dust.

Can anyone tell me, was this a 2x or a 4x AGP card?

I think it was 2x but am not sure.

Would it run on my nForce2 board? (thinking of seeing how things run as a
little walk down memory lane)

sTuFf wrote:

> All this talk of 3dfx is making me think about my dear ol' Voodoo3 i've
> still got stashed away under my bed gathering dust.
>
> Can anyone tell me, was this a 2x or a 4x AGP card?
>
> I think it was 2x but am not sure.
>
> Would it run on my nForce2 board? (thinking of seeing how things run as a
> little walk down memory lane)

It's 2x I believe. Go to this link for all you'd ever want to know about
3dfx cards.

http://www.voodoofiles.net/voodooboard/index.php

Hi,

"sTuFf" <20@something.com> a écrit dans le message de
> All this talk of 3dfx is making me think about my dear ol' Voodoo3 i've
> still got stashed away under my bed gathering dust.
>
> Can anyone tell me, was this a 2x or a 4x AGP card?
>
> I think it was 2x but am not sure.

Mine is x2. I do not know if 4x does exist.

> Would it run on my nForce2 board? (thinking of seeing how things run as a
> little walk down memory lane)

Don't know

DDD

sTuFf wrote:

> All this talk of 3dfx is making me think about my dear ol' Voodoo3 i've
> still got stashed away under my bed gathering dust.
>
> Can anyone tell me, was this a 2x or a 4x AGP card?
>
> I think it was 2x but am not sure.
>
> Would it run on my nForce2 board? (thinking of seeing how things run as a
> little walk down memory lane)

I've got an old Banshee that still works, but the only problem is
finding drivers that work with anything newer than DX7 and such in
WinXP. There are some older ones that do have pre-DX8 support and the
incomplete OpenGL ICD, but they don't seem to run anymore.

"sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote in message
> All this talk of 3dfx is making me think about my dear ol' Voodoo3 i've
> still got stashed away under my bed gathering dust.
>
> Can anyone tell me, was this a 2x or a 4x AGP card?
>
> I think it was 2x but am not sure.

2x Card...

> Would it run on my nForce2 board? (thinking of seeing how things run as a
> little walk down memory lane)

I wouldn't put it in, it's a 3.3v card, doesn't the nForce require 1.5v
cards? You could smoke your mobo...

Tim

sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote in message
> All this talk of 3dfx is making me think about my dear ol' Voodoo3 i've
> still got stashed away under my bed gathering dust.
>
> Can anyone tell me, was this a 2x or a 4x AGP card?

It's officially rated for 2x, but uses the slot in PCI-mode only (no
AGP-texturing). I guess this was why 3dfx cards were so problem-free back in
the old days - it didn't need motherboard AGP drivers.

> Would it run on my nForce2 board? (thinking of seeing how things run as a
> little walk down memory lane)

No. The AGP slot is keyed to prevent insertion. The card is 3.3 V, and will
damage the motherboard if used in an nForce2. Same goes for the Voodoo5. The
Voodoo4, on the other hand, works on all mobos.

Should've gotten the V3 2000 PCI version. :) Performance was the same.

"sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote in message
> All this talk of 3dfx is making me think about my dear ol' Voodoo3 i've
> still got stashed away under my bed gathering dust.
>
> Can anyone tell me, was this a 2x or a 4x AGP card?
>
> I think it was 2x but am not sure.
>
> Would it run on my nForce2 board? (thinking of seeing how things run as a
> little walk down memory lane)

2x but it didn't really utilize the AGP bus, essentially it was a PCI card
with an AGP connection

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:46:49 GMT, "sTuFf" <20@something.com> wrote:

>All this talk of 3dfx is making me think about my dear ol' Voodoo3 i've
>still got stashed away under my bed gathering dust.
>
>Can anyone tell me, was this a 2x or a 4x AGP card?
>
>I think it was 2x but am not sure.
>
>Would it run on my nForce2 board? (thinking of seeing how things run as a
>little walk down memory lane)

1 - It was a PCI graphics card with an AGP interface,

2 - It will not work on your Nforce2 board due to voltage

3 - Even a 5600 would be faster than a V3.

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- Fahrenheit 9/11 - Unless you see it for yourself, don't call it "a bunch of lies"... that would be unAmerican.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist.
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

"deimos" <deimos@localhost.net> wrote in message
> sTuFf wrote:
>
> > All this talk of 3dfx is making me think about my dear ol' Voodoo3 i've
> > still got stashed away under my bed gathering dust.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me, was this a 2x or a 4x AGP card?
> >
> > I think it was 2x but am not sure.
> >
> > Would it run on my nForce2 board? (thinking of seeing how things run as
> > little walk down memory lane)
> >

> I've got an old Banshee that still works, but the only problem is
> finding drivers that work with anything newer than DX7 and such in
> WinXP. There are some older ones that do have pre-DX8 support and the
> incomplete OpenGL ICD, but they don't seem to run anymore.

??
http://www.driverguide.com/