ViewSonic Readies 3D Vision-Ready 24" Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]When I saw my first 3D movie...I said wow...then I moved on.[/citation]

They are getting better at NOT creating superficial scenes just to show off some 3D effects. I just took my daughter to see the new Harry Potter film and it was a better experience than previous 3D movies, like "How to Train Your Dragon".

drumsrule786

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2011
What would really be awesome is a 30" 2560x1600 120hz 3D ready monitor. Only bad thing is it would take a monster GPU to power it.

[citation][nom]drumsrule786[/nom]What would really be awesome is a 30" 2560x1600 120hz 3D ready monitor. Only bad thing is it would take a monster GPU to power it.[/citation]

Well if you spend $2000 on the display (assuming 100% markup over 2D), then another $2000 for 4 gpu's should be no problemo :D hehehe

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Crysis 2 was the only game I played in 3D and thoroughly enjoyed the added depth.

Most other games the 3D has been more of a distraction or irritation to me than a positive addition.

From my experience with Crysis 2 I'd say 3D can definitely add to a game (especially an FPS game) but the developer has to really want 3D from the start. The UI has to be made so that it fits in the 3D depth properly, most games fail at this and the UI becomes such a distraction you end up turning off the 3D.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Invlem[/nom]Crysis 2 was the only game I played in 3D and thoroughly enjoyed the added depth.Most other games the 3D has been more of a distraction or irritation to me than a positive addition.From my experience with Crysis 2 I'd say 3D can definitely add to a game (especially an FPS game) but the developer has to really want 3D from the start. The UI has to be made so that it fits in the 3D depth properly, most games fail at this and the UI becomes such a distraction you end up turning off the 3D.[/citation]

not so much the ui, its that no games are realy taking advantage of what ed can do from the ground up yet.

just wait till uncharted 3 comes out, that will be the benchmark game for what 3d games aspire to.

Yeah I want to play around with 3D. I don't have any great expectations. What I really want is that 120hz display. My eyes are soo tired after a long day I'm hoping 120hz will help. Another note on 120hz, it may clear up the tearing in HD streaming movies due to them being 24 fps. I'm hoping it clears up that problem as well.

jeremy1183

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Awwe WTF!! I just bought the Alienware 23 inch 3D monitor a month ago for $449 (without 3d vision kit). If i would have known about this with the built in emitter and 2 pairs of glasses for just $50 more I would have waited. Oh well, Alienware monitor looks awesome though....

kyee7k

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
A 2-layer 3D solution would be a better deal than 3D with glasses. Until then, I'll happily chug along with my old LCD monitor or until it breaks.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
[citation][nom]kyee7k[/nom]A 2-layer 3D solution would be a better deal than 3D with glasses. Until then, I'll happily chug along with my old LCD monitor or until it breaks.[/citation]
Apparently, you've never used the technology. I find that most of the people who complain about the technology, have never even tried it. Or they tried the old glasses and never the new ones..

I actually own the newer nvidia glasses with a 3D monitor, and it is F-ING AWSOME!!

G

This is nice.. Us people with the home 3DTV can't use it on PC.

I recently bought a 3D monitor, mostly for the 120hz display and also tried out it's 3D movies abilities, which I was a bit underwhelmed by. However, 3D gaming, when it's done well, is a LOT better than 3D movies.

Crysis 2 is a great example. Metro 2033 also works great (not in Dx11). Titan Quest is also very good. Tomb Raider Underworld is also very good.

It doesn't work great with everything, but most the games I was playing before look a lot better in 3D. The depth created in 3D games is done a lot more realistic than movies.

[citation][nom]daniel123244[/nom]For the price I think I would still take a Dell Ultrasharp u2410[/citation]

The only problem is the Ultrasharp can't play 3D. No IPS panel can get to 120hz. Ultrasharps are for Photo quality apps, 3D monitors are for 3D and high frame rates.

Both have a purpose, but it's not one of those things you really compare for the same job.

secretxax

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Maximus_Delta[/nom]Is gaming in 3D that good? I imagine FPS in 3D would be pretty fantastic...[/citation]

LOL! :D

secretxax

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
[citation][nom]drumsrule786[/nom]What would really be awesome is a 30" 2560x1600 120hz 3D ready monitor. Only bad thing is it would take a monster GPU to power it.[/citation]

Too bad it doesn't exist!!! D:

secretxax

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
[citation][nom]kyee7k[/nom]A 2-layer 3D solution would be a better deal than 3D with glasses. Until then, I'll happily chug along with my old LCD monitor or until it breaks.[/citation]

Now THAT is the best thing someone's ever thought of in any forum!!! Hope they (manufacturers) start making them. And hopefully ATI can make their "3D" work without the glasses!

Up yours Nvidia fan-boys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.