61.77 - custom resolutions broken

Hi

My Ti4200 and 53.03 works perfectly fine with my monitor in custom
1400x1050 85Hz 32bit mode. With 61.77 the monitor can no longer hold it.
Reducing the refresh ratio to 75Hz results in stable picture, but its
nowhere near 1400x1050. I reverted back to 53.03 and everything works
fine again. Looks like nVidia should pay more attention to regression
tests. If you care about custom resolutions, better stick with older
drivers.

Best regards,
Andrey.

Andrey Tarasevich wrote:

> Hi
>
> My Ti4200 and 53.03 works perfectly fine with my monitor in custom
> 1400x1050 85Hz 32bit mode. With 61.77 the monitor can no longer hold it.
> Reducing the refresh ratio to 75Hz results in stable picture, but its
> nowhere near 1400x1050. I reverted back to 53.03 and everything works
> fine again. Looks like nVidia should pay more attention to regression
> tests. If you care about custom resolutions, better stick with older
> drivers.
>
> Best regards,
> Andrey.

Actually they do a byte per byte emulation of every function before they
ship the driver. It's laid out more like a program for the chip than a
traditional driver.

I would try clearing the registry out, it might be you have an old
resolution entry in there, or if you used another utility, that might
have borked it. Any good driver cleaner should do, then reinstall the
official drivers.

Do you get an 'out-of-range' message when you try 14x10 in 85hz? Try
resetting the monitor's "user modes", but you'll have to check your
manual for that, it differs with each monitor.

TRENDING THREADS