Zone Alarm Blocking Icons

I have Zone Alarm 6.0.631.003. It's blocking icons on web pages, most
notably on eBay but on other sites as well. Turning off Zone Alarm allows
the pages to display normally. I've tried turning off settings in Zone Alarm
trying to locate the particular setting but I cannot find it. What should I
look for? TIA.

"Sideshow Bob" <mergatroid@_nospam_.bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> I have Zone Alarm 6.0.631.003. It's blocking icons on web pages,
most
> notably on eBay but on other sites as well. Turning off Zone Alarm
allows
> the pages to display normally. I've tried turning off settings in
Zone Alarm
> trying to locate the particular setting but I cannot find it. What
should I
> look for? TIA.

Hi Bob, I have an earlier version of Zone Alarm, but site content is
controlled in the cookie, ad, mobile code settings on the Privacy
Tab. You have to allow mobile code and ads on some sites. Enable the
Privacy Alert, and it will tell you what it's blocking on individual
sites. Enabling those things should make a big difference. Hope it
helps.

charlie R

"Sideshow Bob" <mergatroid@_nospam_.bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> I have Zone Alarm 6.0.631.003. It's blocking icons on web pages, most
> notably on eBay but on other sites as well. Turning off Zone Alarm allows
> the pages to display normally. I've tried turning off settings in Zone Alarm
> trying to locate the particular setting but I cannot find it. What should I
> look for? TIA.

Bob,

I'm running the same version of ZA and everything seems to work OK on eBay for
me.

In the Privacy - Site List Tab in Zone Alarm, I've got Mobile Code, 3rd Party
Cookies and Private Headers Disabled and Session Cookies, Persistent Cookies and
Web Bugs Enabled for ebay.com.

--
James T. White

Sideshow Bob wrote:
> I have Zone Alarm 6.0.631.003. It's blocking icons on web pages, most
> notably on eBay but on other sites as well. Turning off Zone Alarm allows
> the pages to display normally. I've tried turning off settings in Zone Alarm
> trying to locate the particular setting but I cannot find it. What should I
> look for? TIA.

Try privacy section and turn off cookie control and ad-blocking, see if
that helps.

"James T. White" <SPAMjtwhiteGUARD@hal-pc.org> wrote in message
> "Sideshow Bob" <mergatroid@_nospam_.bigfoot.com> wrote in message
>> I have Zone Alarm 6.0.631.003. It's blocking icons on web pages, most
>> notably on eBay but on other sites as well. Turning off Zone Alarm allows
>> the pages to display normally. I've tried turning off settings in Zone
>> Alarm
>> trying to locate the particular setting but I cannot find it. What should
>> look for? TIA.
>>

> Bob,
>
> I'm running the same version of ZA and everything seems to work OK on eBay
> for
> me.
>
> In the Privacy - Site List Tab in Zone Alarm, I've got Mobile Code, 3rd
> Party
> Cookies and Private Headers Disabled and Session Cookies, Persistent
> Cookies and
> Web Bugs Enabled for ebay.com.
>
> --
> James T. White

I unchecked the "Disable web bugs" box in Site Options - Cookies for the
ebay.com Site List and that did it. It displayed normally. Now I at least
know what to look for. Thanks.