3.4C + GA-8KNXP?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Is anyone using an intel Pentium 4 Northwood, 3.4GHz on a GA-8KNXP, rev 2.1?

BIOS support is my concern, does the FH BIOS support a 3.4C or a 3.4EE?

s anyone using an intel Pentium 4 Northwood, 3.4GHz on a GA-8KNXP, rev 2.1?

BIOS support is my concern, does the FH BIOS support a 3.4C or a 3.4EE?

------------------------
Gigabyte web site bios support for 8KNXP 2.0,dont see a 2.1 listed

Version Date Description
FI 2004/8/4

Support Intel Celeron-D CPU

FH 2004/3/5

Support frequency locked Prescott CPU for FMB1.5 design

FG 2003/12/25

Fixed using 3.06G HT CPU can't boot to floppy

FE 2003/11/18

Fixed memory PAT mode issue

FD 2003/11/6

Support intel Prescott and P4Extreme family CPU

Fixed CDROM can't boot issue

FB 2003/8/12

First Release

Thanks, but is there anyone out there actually using a GA-8KNXP with a 3.4EE
or 3.4C?

And if so, does your BIOS detect the CPU and is everything working ok?

Richard Dower wrote:
> Thanks, but is there anyone out there actually using a GA-8KNXP with
> a 3.4EE or 3.4C?
>
> And if so, does your BIOS detect the CPU and is everything working
> ok?
>
> "Courseyauto" <courseyauto@aol.com> wrote in message
>> s anyone using an intel Pentium 4 Northwood, 3.4GHz on a GA-8KNXP,
>> rev 2.1? BIOS support is my concern, does the FH BIOS support a 3.4C or a
>> 3.4EE? --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ------------------------
>> Gigabyte web site bios support for 8KNXP 2.0,dont see a 2.1 listed
>>
>> Version Date Description
>> FI 2004/8/4
>>
>> Support Intel Celeron-D CPU
>>

>> FH 2004/3/5
>>
>> Support frequency locked Prescott CPU for FMB1.5 design
>>

>> FG 2003/12/25
>>
>> Fixed using 3.06G HT CPU can't boot to floppy
>>

>> FE 2003/11/18
>>
>> Fixed memory PAT mode issue
>>

>> FD 2003/11/6
>>
>> Support intel Prescott and P4Extreme family CPU
>>
>> Fixed CDROM can't boot issue
>>

>> FB 2003/8/12
>>
>> First Release

Yes I am! I'm using a 3.4C with a GA-8KNXP Rev 2.0! Works fine!

Cheers,

Lee.

"Lee Marsh" <leemarsh@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Yes I am! I'm using a 3.4C with a GA-8KNXP Rev 2.0! Works fine!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lee.

Thanks Lee, thats all i needed to hear!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Yes it does support the Pentium 3.4. Here is a link to supported CPUs.
http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/CPUSupportList/CPUSupportList_GA-8KNXP%20(Rev%202.0).htm
"Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone using an intel Pentium 4 Northwood, 3.4GHz on a GA-8KNXP, rev
2.1?

> BIOS support is my concern, does the FH BIOS support a 3.4C or a 3.4EE?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I've been using a 3.4 Northwood for some months now, with no problems at
all.

Steve Ord