Wattage use for a "BFG GeForce 6800 GT"

I'm considering upgrading my current graphics card and have looked into both ATI
and GeForce.

Using an older system (P4 2.0Ghz with 1GB DDR RAM) I've decided to go with
either the ATI Radeon X800 Pro or BFG GeForce 6800 GT (instead of the absolute
top of the line) since my system would not probably be able to make the most of
them.

Questions; what is the watt requirement for the GeForce one? I know the ATI is
300 watts. Also, BFG is a great brand, right? I've heard they slightly
overclock the card however optimally prepackaged.

Thanks for any help!

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:48:45 GMT, "James Kennedy"
<jkennedynosp@nearnet.com> wrote:

>I'm considering upgrading my current graphics card and have looked into both ATI
>and GeForce.
>
>Using an older system (P4 2.0Ghz with 1GB DDR RAM) I've decided to go with
>either the ATI Radeon X800 Pro or BFG GeForce 6800 GT (instead of the absolute
>top of the line) since my system would not probably be able to make the most of
>them.
>
>Questions; what is the watt requirement for the GeForce one? I know the ATI is
>300 watts. Also, BFG is a great brand, right? I've heard they slightly
>overclock the card however optimally prepackaged.
>
>Thanks for any help!

Nvidia recommends a 350 watt power supply.

"deimos" <deimos@localhost.net> wrote
> Even a GOOD 300w PSU can
> satisfy the clean 5/12v in requirement (it has to be a clean rail)
You mean by clean, stable?

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

On 2004-08-21, Ed Light <nobody@nobody.there> wrote:

> "deimos" <deimos@localhost.net> wrote
>> Even a GOOD 300w PSU can
>> satisfy the clean 5/12v in requirement (it has to be a clean rail)
> You mean by clean, stable?

I'd assume it doesn't fluctuate too much away from what it's really meant
to be, and free of spikes and such.

--
Linux Jay, wondering how important active PFC is...
My Realm: http://www.myrealm.co.uk

"Linux Jay" <jamie@uranus.softham> wrote
> > You mean by clean, stable?
> >
> I'd assume it doesn't fluctuate too much away from what it's really meant
> to be, and free of spikes and such.
Would those spikes be visible in motherboard monitor, or just with some kind
of meter?

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/