Sapphire Radeon 9550 256MB DDR AGP8x TV-Out DVI-I

Hi, I've got a Pc Chips M848ALU, Barton Athlon 2500 333FSB, 512 DDr, 7200
RPM HD. Do you think a Sapphire Radeon 9550 256MB DDR AGP8x TV-Out DVI-I
would be a good card to play Prince Of Persia, Far Cry on? I've only £60
($100) ish to spend.

Any help is appreciated, MrBungle

shawk

"MrBungle" <mrbungle3removethis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I've got a Pc Chips M848ALU, Barton Athlon 2500 333FSB, 512 DDr, 7200
> RPM HD. Do you think a Sapphire Radeon 9550 256MB DDR AGP8x TV-Out DVI-I
> would be a good card to play Prince Of Persia, Far Cry on? I've only £60
> ($100) ish to spend.
>
> Any help is appreciated, MrBungle

If you're looking for help on an ATI card why not try the ATI newsgroup. Or
are asking for NVidia alternatives?

> "MrBungle" <mrbungle3removethis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I've got a Pc Chips M848ALU, Barton Athlon 2500 333FSB, 512 DDr,
7200
> > RPM HD. Do you think a Sapphire Radeon 9550 256MB DDR AGP8x TV-Out DVI-I
> > would be a good card to play Prince Of Persia, Far Cry on? I've only £60
> > ($100) ish to spend.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated, MrBungle
> >

> If you're looking for help on an ATI card why not try the ATI newsgroup.
Or
> are asking for NVidia alternatives?

I haven't bought a graphics card in years and all I want is to be pointed in
the right direction. I don't care whether it's an ATI or Nvidia. There is so
many cards out there, it's like being a kid in a sweet shop. Which sweet
will I like that I can also afford?

> "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
> >
> > "MrBungle" <mrbungle3removethis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi, I've got a Pc Chips M848ALU, Barton Athlon 2500 333FSB, 512 DDr,
> 7200
> > > RPM HD. Do you think a Sapphire Radeon 9550 256MB DDR AGP8x TV-Out
DVI-I
> > > would be a good card to play Prince Of Persia, Far Cry on? I've only
£60
> > > ($100) ish to spend.
> > >
> > > Any help is appreciated, MrBungle
> > >

> > If you're looking for help on an ATI card why not try the ATI newsgroup.
> Or
> > are asking for NVidia alternatives?
> >

> I haven't bought a graphics card in years and all I want is to be pointed
in
> the right direction. I don't care whether it's an ATI or Nvidia. There is
so
> many cards out there, it's like being a kid in a sweet shop. Which sweet
> will I like that I can also afford?

As Sleepy said in the ATI group go for a 9600Pro for that price. I'd advise
waiting another month or so though and saving for a card at around the £130
to £150 mark (a NVidia FX5900 or ATI 9800 Pro). You'd be looking at
doubling the power of the card and being able to play Far Cry, Doom 3, HL2
etc at decent quality and FPS. Shaun