Best possible card for a slower machine

Can someone give me a non-biased answer to what the best video card could be for
a:

Vpr Matrix Model 2000
P4 / 2.0GHZ
1GB DDR SDRAM

Now considering everything involved, power issues, slightly older CPU, so forth
what is the best card for my buck?

GeForce 6800 GT?
ATI Radeon X800 Pro?

I would like an honest opinion from someone who has no biased towards Nvidia or
ATI.

The processor could be a bottle neck for either of those cards. If you have
no further upgrade plans then perhaps a 6800 non ultra or even a 9800pro on
the cheap may give you just as much performance as a more expensive card.

If you've got your mind set on one of the cards you listed , then its
pretty widely believed that the 6800GT is a bit quicker than the X800pro.

B.

"John Eisner" <jeisnerxxx@immense.com> wrote in message
> Can someone give me a non-biased answer to what the best video card could
> be for
> a:
>
> Vpr Matrix Model 2000
> P4 / 2.0GHZ
> 1GB DDR SDRAM
>
> Now considering everything involved, power issues, slightly older CPU, so
> forth
> what is the best card for my buck?
>
> GeForce 6800 GT?
> ATI Radeon X800 Pro?
>
> I would like an honest opinion from someone who has no biased towards
> Nvidia or
> ATI.

Hmm, thanks. This seems like what I want to do then.

I'm not planning on upgrading this computer ever again. I'm going to purchase a
new system in 2-3 years but plan on using this one until that time. So thanks
for the info.

I have to be realistic so I'll be going with your suggestion of a 6800
non-ultra.

There is nothing though from me overclocking this slightly, right? My computer
wouldn't be a bottleneck for that? Sorry, not very well versed on the
overclocking.

"Brett" <brettf@NOSPAMAROOarach.net.au> wrote in message
> The processor could be a bottle neck for either of those cards. If you have
> no further upgrade plans then perhaps a 6800 non ultra or even a 9800pro on
> the cheap may give you just as much performance as a more expensive card.
>
> If you've got your mind set on one of the cards you listed , then its
> pretty widely believed that the 6800GT is a bit quicker than the X800pro.

NaDa

"John Eisner" <jeisnerxxx@immense.com> wrote:
> Can someone give me a non-biased answer to what the best video card could be for
> a:
>
> Vpr Matrix Model 2000
> P4 / 2.0GHZ
> 1GB DDR SDRAM
>
> Now considering everything involved, power issues, slightly older CPU, so
> forth what is the best card for my buck?
>
> GeForce 6800 GT?
> ATI Radeon X800 Pro?
>
> I would like an honest opinion from someone who has no biased towards Nvidia > or ATI.

What's your monitor like? If it's less than 19", I wouldn't get
either of those cards, because they're strong enough to wrestle with
the "Incredible HULK" 2000 inch plasma screens with very high
resolutions. If 6600GT gets into your local store in one of these
weeks, I'd get that (whether there would be an AGP version).