6800GT Cards - Which is most SILENT?

Howdy folks...

Yeah, I am an ATI owner (And Nvidia) and I'm looking for upgrade for
myself and a friend... him more than me at this time.

The results seems that the $400 6800GT is a KICK ASS card...

I usually go with MSI (My 5900) as their cooling systems tend to be
VERY silent.... I cant hear mine.

So what are your personal opinions or site reviews that have SOUND
tests?

And the GTVersion is still a power hog? Looking at a 400watt PSU for
it...

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:11:04 GMT, Les Troyens <program@files.com>
wrote:

>i used to own an ATI 9600 Pro card from Sapphire.
>
>Doom3 made me upgrade to a Leadtek 6800G recently.

My 9800Pro is almost silent (perhaps the louset thing in my case) and
my MSI 5900 is even better...

>as for the noise, i truly can't tell the difference between those two, i'm picky with
>computer noise, and the 6800GT's noise level is very acceptable. (it is very quiet)

Hmmm... okay... But hows the rest of your system? Some cases with
4-6 fans are loud... hell, some are loud with just one!

What brand is the card you bought?

>i've got a 350W Enermax power, two HD in RAID-0, DVD, CDRW, P4-2.4CGig, no problems with
>the 6800GT in terms of power.

I just swapped my 320 Enermax "noise taker" to the 420~460 model (dont
remember - its not in the case yet).

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- Fahrenheit 9/11 - Unless you see it for yourself, don't call it "a bunch of lies"... that would be unAmerican.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist.
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:34:17 GMT, Les Troyens <program@files.com>
wrote:

>>What brand is the card you bought?
>
>i've got the Leadtek 6800GT.

Thanks...

we're looking at the eVGA or Leadtek brands..

- - - - -